Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is Sunday morning once again. It's been pretty cold here for the last week or so and the lakes are all freezing up tight, so I'm going to spend the day getting my Ice fishing gear ready to go. I have a couple friends wanting to go tomorrow morning so hopefully I can fry some fish for dinner tomorrow. The cold weather has also made the fire wood stash in the basement disappear rather quickly, so that will need some attention as well.

I keep wanting to rush my Pils to bottling, but it really should lager another week, witch means it will be that much longer before I can drink it. About then, my winter warmer will be ready to bottle as well, so I might as well do them both at the same time and only have the mess to clean up once.

Enjoy whatever this day brings and thank the good Lord that he gave you one more day to enjoy.

:mug:

Working again this morning. After work it'll be shoveling snow & mixing up a black currant wine.
I'll have to think of something tasty to make for supper. Hope everybody esle's day is going well. Regards, GF.

My plan for today is to not spend it barffing like I did last Sunday. I'm still not fully recovered from that stomach flu.

Good morning Sunday People.
Slept in this morning, then a little Sunday morning delight. Had some coffee and my boy helped me cook up a southwestern scrambler with toast.
Staying home today. Ice is coming down outside. Gonna work on the truck when it eases up. Hope everyone has a great day!

Once again Sunday morning has rolled in. I awoke to a very red eastern sky as the sun rose. Making me wonder what the weather had in store for us this fine day. So far, it is calm and overcast yet much warmer than it has been the last couple of weeks. I need to make use of the good weather and get some fire wood brought in. That will about do it for what I'll be able to do in a day so the rest of the day may be spent emptying bottles so I can refill them. Of course I'll not waste what I'm emptying out of them. ;)

Enjoy what ever your Sunday may bring, you never know when it will be your last!

Got out of bed at 5:26A to start with brewday. Brewing a Midas Touch clone, kinda sorta. I don't have any saffron and I'm substituting Muscadine juice for Moscat. It's boiling quite nicely right now. The weather is pretty nice out with sunshine and temps in the low 40s. Last week my hoses were frozen, so I couldn't use my wort chiller. I won't have that problem today. :) Enjoy your day!

Indoor brewing? F that noise. 'course, it helps that I live in SoCal so I can brew in shorts and a t-shirt in January.
Hey, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt while I brew (indoors).

But here's my backyard . . . . and did I mention, it's 38 f'in degrees?

I don't mind cold. Even cold and snow can be nice, but cold and wet really sucks!

Brewday150118-1.jpg

Sunday morning and it's a chilly 32*F & FOGGY. Not very good to drive in, but I've always liked walking in the fog, especially in the forest. Now I have a decision to make: Do I grill & chill as planned, and enjoy the fog that way, or do I opt for a walk in the foggy forest & a sandwich instead? I still have 3 hours of work left to decide which sounds better. Both are appealing to me. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, no matter what you're doing (or not doing).
Regards, GF.

A cool and frosty 20*F here this morning. The grocery shopping has been done already this morning in anticipation of a visit from one of our daughters and her husband and 3 month old baby boy.

I'm supposed to try calling some coyotes into rifle range with one of the neighbors at some point today. I'm sure that there will even be a beer or two consumed when we are done with that.

All in all, I couldn't really ask for more!

I hope everyone has a day as good as mine promises to be. :)

Didn't make church this morning. Been fighting a nasty cold all week. 15 degrees and snowing here, a good time to stay in anyway. Hope everyone has a good and blessed day.

-17 c (roughly 2 f) here in Ottawa, and I'm getting ready to do my first BIAB in my new kettle on my new burner (Christmas presents)

What the heck is wrong with me?

-17 c (roughly 2 f) here in Ottawa, and I'm getting ready to do my first BIAB in my new kettle on my new burner (Christmas presents)

What the heck is wrong with me?

At least you won't have to worry about cooling your wort down! I do BIAB also. Here is a tip, pull your gain bag fast! If you pull it slow it will leak over the sides and you will lose some valuable first runnings. I have fashioned a hoist over mine and get the line tight and give it a quick yank. Good luck I really like BIAB.

A2H

I left a fermenter on the back porch last night to (no)chill and it dropeed to 52 degrees. :D This morning I brought it in to start warming - rehydrated a packet of US 04 - and popped it into the ferm chamber at 58. I'm happy - but dammit, I feel like brewing again ;)

Getting in a round of golf between wife's appointment and "the big game." Not a huge football fan at the moment, but I'd like to see a repeat.

Eating a pear and an omlette waiting for my buddy to get up so we can play WoW for an hour or two. Then BREWDAY! Get it done before the game. Normally I don't give 2 shts about the bowl (even commercials are not nearly as good as they used to be) but this year I got some numbers so at least there is some interest.

I spent the day yesterday fixing my broken snowplow. Today we are supposed to get 6"-12" of fresh snow. I bet I'll be moving some of it at some point. We may or may not, get the grandson overnight again, hoping we do! The wife has a craving for so party junk food and is planning to make a bunch this afternoon, I asked if it was for the game. She asked what game was on today. LoL

All in all, family, friends, good food, a few pumpkin ales, and a snow storm, what more could a guy ask for! I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday! :mug:

Coffee and Patsy Cline for me this morning. Soon off to the kitchen to get a chuck roast started for some Pot Roast Grilled Cheese sandwiches that HBT pinned on Pinterest.

Coffee and a Miles Davis tribute on the radio. The aroma of charro beans in the pot are beginning to fill the room. Mmm.. Beans.

Right now, my body is stiff from helping our friends move their daughter into her first apartment yesterday. Yes, it was upstairs. I was so tired out after that, two beers sent me to bed. I'll work up the energy later to bathe that smelly dog that's looking out the window hoping I'll notice and take him outside for a walk.

Ran anti-malware on the comp first thing this morning. Then huge mug of coffee with chicken ramen I tossed some leftover fries in. Chili again tonight after finishing up some bottle cleaning & finally make my starter. Darn cold temps lately is murdering my joints.

Brewing a brown ale at work. Hoping to get outta here before the drunken football jackasses show up in force. Cheese burger pizza for breakfast. Grilling chicken thighs for dinner if it ain't raining. Happy Sunday guys and gals.

Here it is Sunday morning once again and I'm in need of bringing in some fire wood. It will be quite the chore this afternoon due to the 18" of snow on the ground. I'll need to spend a bit of time plowing before I even start to move a stick of wood. I need to get it done today though, we are supposed to get an other foot of snow over night tonight. Welcome to NY State.

I have a Crock Pot full of pulled pork that has been cooking all night in the kitchen and a buddy coming for sandwiches for dinner. The wife is supposed to whip up some cole slaw and baked beans to go with the sandwiches. Add in a few IPA's and being around me tonight likely won't be pleasant. :drunk:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. Cheers Everyone! :mug:

Working this morning. It's a cold, wet, drippy day; no grilling today. Looks like a leftover day; I'm sure I can cobble together something tasty. A good day to stay inside & read a book; maybe go to bed early. Hope everybody enjoys their Sunday, whatever you do, or don't do.
Regards, GF.

Sunday. That day that should be a day off, but doesn't seem to cooperate.

Coffee and a Sinatra album to start, (Come Fly With Me, 1957), while I figure out what I want to eat today, and how I'm going to accomplish even half of the stuff I want to get done.

Back from hiking with the dogs this morning - I go to a great place not a park but land owned by local water company! No one goes back to speak of and there is wild life all over it. Great place to let the dogs run with out worrying about other peoples dogs not getting along. Now I am going to cook breakfast - That is my job on the weekends - I am the breakfast chef!

After Breakfast a Double Batch - I do two brews at the same time. I picked up a double burner that is great for doing double batches. Takes about the same time to do one as it does two!

Making a Stout and my standard APA - inventories are low less then two kegs in the frig. Its been too cold to brew out side for he past month or so... I dont have a Garage :-( - so there is no shelter form the wind. today is supposed to have a high of 53.

Well the wife is up so got to start the eggs! Hope you enjoy the day!

Late Sunday Entry

Woke up and did the shopping for the family at our "local" grocer 55 miles away. Stayed on the highway and was able to get away without having to install chains. Wife made lentils for dinner and I picked up a $10 zin to go with it. This evening will be my Morning.

:eek:

Another cold Sunday morning here in western New York state, with yet another 6" of snow that fell overnight. The wind is blowing pretty steady and the thermometer is reading -6*F right at the moment.

We had the kids and the baby down for dinner last night, and talked them into staying, instead of trying to drive the 50 miles home, in what was near white out conditions.

I'm sure that omelettes, home fries, bacon, sausage, toast and coffee will be in order at some point this morning. Then the driveway will need to be cleared before the kids can get out. No small task as the tractor broke down on Friday. I'll have to beg a favor form one of the neighbors. Good thing they are all so great.

Then maybe I'll watch a western or two this afternoon and a hockey game tonight before falling asleep in my recliner.

Just another Sunday! I hope everyone enjoys what ever their Sunday brings to them!

:mug:

Another wonderful morning with -7* here. Planning on working on my snowblower today, replacing the gas line and working on the carburetor (I really wish I could drag the thing inside where it would be above 0*), going to my son's hockey game, then hopefully getting in a long overdue brew session.

It's already dropped 6 degrees in the last hour. It's now 3 degrees with a windchill of -18. I have lost track of how much snow has fallen in the last 3-4 days. They predict an inch or two and we got a consistent 6-8 inches each day. The paths I have been shoveling for the dogs now tower over their heads. My son says I look like a confused robot out there shoveling. As soon as I finish one pass, I have to start over again. I know this is VT and we take it in stride, but this seems never ending.

At least the wood is stacked on the porch, there is plenty of coffee and NPR News is on the radio.

Well, it went the other way here (sort of). They were forecasting 8" of snow and 12*. But it looks more like 4", 20*. Right now it's a balmy 17, but with winds 30-40mph, it feels right around 0. So I think we may go to church. But I'm still making chili for dinner. And beer, I'll be drinking beer.

-5F here with -23 wind chill. Heater losing ground & wife's sick. I think she got it from our youngest. Dang car is out. Got nugget nectar last night, so it's good there.

A typical Sunday morning for me. Coffee and some easy tunes. Johnny Cash this week.

Had a few inches of thunder snow last night, followed by ridiculous winds that caused whiteout conditions. Wind is crazy this morning, turning our temp of 5 degrees into a wind chill of -24. But, it is winter, so it is what it is.

I've got some beers I'd like to bottle today, but with all the other stuff I want to get done today, I expect that I'll never get to them before I start my workweek tonight.

I have 400 miles of driving to look forward to today. I was hoping to be on the road in two hours. But I slept late and haven't packed yet.

We are sitting at about 5 degrees & windy (-11 wind chill). For MD that is fairly cold. Doing the work thing again. Of course to make things worse the cafeteria cook called out so nothing decent for breakfast. Thinking of doing a pilsner this week on my extra day off.

Latest posts

Back