Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to Sinatra's All the Way from 1961 while I get that coffee in me.

After a trip to Home Depot or Lowe's for more screws, I'll head out to finish the railing on my back deck, and then maybe spend some time in the garden.

My heart's set on brewing a porter, but there's just too many other things I need to do.

Last time I needed a $0.79 washer from HD, I came back with a $45 receipt... Hell, you can't send me to the grocery store for milk without me coming back with a 12 pack or some wine...

Last time I needed a $0.79 washer from HD, I came back with a $45 receipt... Hell, you can't send me to the grocery store for milk without me coming back with a 12 pack or some wine...

If you are anything like me it is never just one trip. That or that one box of screws turns into a box of screws, a pack of #2 philips tips, a new ratcheting screwdriver, a pneumatic nail gun, a case of nails for said nail gun, a bunch of lumber, and the intention of building a new shed...
Needless to say I am not allowed to go to Lowes unsupervised any more. Sadly, that leads to more trips for the box of screws that we forgot...

My box of screws did indeed turn into a $90 pile of stuff.

Working again this Sunday morning, at least it's a quiet shift & everything is mostly done; just sitting here, babysitting the equipment for another couple of hours. After work I'll be watering the lawn and grillin' & chillin'. I'll also be trying a couple of the beers Drunklejon was kind enough to send my way. I started the chicken marinating last night before work, so it should have plenty of flavor after 9 or 10 hours. I've worked 21 days straight without a day off & have another 5 days to go before I get a day off. All the overtime is great, but I need a break.
Hope everybody is having a great day!
Regards, GF.

3rd graveyard shift is almost over....

I'm going to stop by a motel/hostel owned by a friend for breakfast in exchange for a bottle of Mead. They don't know it yet.

Drinking a crappy but free cup of coffee because I almost drooled on my shirt about 30 min ago...

Not sure if I'm not or cold...

Have a great Sunday!

Sitting at work again. Every Sunday for the last three months since I moved to the beautiful frozen north. At least I had an awesome Saturday of brewing and smoking pork butt.

Finished stowing gear in the brewery after cleaning, drying, etc this morning. Chillin' with y'all & some coffee today. Wife's turn to cook today, so easy day for me...

It's been a lazy fay so far at my house. Have some errands to run though. Gotta pick up some stuff for a beer and an apfelwein, and do some chores around the house. That will wait until after I finish my KBS. :)

I've had my 8 month old grandson since yesterday afternoon and he just went down fora nap. The wife and I needed the break. :) Getting ready to put a beef roast on the grill for dinner with the kids when they come for their boy. a few home brews and how could life get any better.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday as much as we are! :D

Quiet again after thunder storm moved through. Got a first FG on my stout, needs a lil more time yet before secondary on white oak & bourbon.

Just another rainy Sunday here in the little wide spot in the road otherwise known as Munith. Laughing at the television footage of the idiots getting soaked to the skin in the bleachers over at Michigan International Speedway this afternoon, waiting for the rain to let up so they can watch 200 mile per hour billboards driving in a big circle for several hours. I used to live several miles as the crow flies from the front gates of MIS, so like many who live in the area, I came to absolutely loathe NASCAR and the people who idolize it.

Happy Father's day this fine Sunday.
No baseball game today since it has rained for the past 6 days. That will leave a pretty open slate for the rest of the day.
About to fry some bacon and eggs, and watch my Father play with his Granddaughter for a while. Maybe bottle my xmass ale sometime.
A nice lazy Sunday. ...

The pancakes and bacon are on the stove, the coffee is hot and black, and once again we are supposed to get some thunder showers on Sunday.

We don't have much planned other than a little gardening and keeping an eye out for a couple escaped convicts. Better get my gun. :D

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Happy Fathers Day! Got my first HFD yesterday when I was filling up a growler for a club member... it really caught me off guard. Cool, but I still feel like the day is reserved for my dad. Going to travel to see him today (about 222 miles). He never really liked my beer and he has since stopped drinking. Also going on a Pliny the Elder Hunt this week.

Hmm. Tv remote bateries died at work... it's stuck on Monster Truck Racing...

Happy Father's Day Sunday Morningers.

I'm making cheese this AM. Curds are forming right now in a 2-color Colby. I like to brew on Sunday mornings, but my pipeline is full now, so no place to put fermentors or kegs.

Boys are talking me golfing at noon. Hope to beat the rain. Then were headed out to see the new Jurassic Park movie this evening.

Took out a brisket I'm hoping to be able to toss in the pit today. Hoping to get at least a couple hours in the pit, then do a Texas cheat in the oven. Was up late last night looking for lost files after the malware attack. Finally found all my book files. But some BS2 recipes are still MIA....:confused: Black coffee atm, wrote another recipe for an ordinary bitter I'll brew 6 gallons of to make 1 gallon of malt vinegar. Gotta get my dry stout in secondary on the oak/bourbon. Might get it under the wire for class reunion on 7/18?...happy Father's day y'all!

Took out a brisket I'm hoping to be able to toss in the pit today. Hoping to get at least a couple hours in the pit, then do a Texas cheat in the oven. Was up late last night looking for lost files after the malware attack. Finally found all my book files. But some BS2 recipes are still MIA....:confused: Black coffee atm, wrote another recipe for an ordinary bitter I'll brew 6 gallons of to make 1 gallon of ,alt vinegar. Gotta get my dry stout in secondary on the oak/bourbon. Might get it under the wire for class reunion on 7/18?...happy Father's day y'all!

I pulled a brisket and 4 pork shoulders off my smoker this morning. Left them on the smoker overnight (I have a controller to maintain temps). Gonna shred the pork and slice up the beef in a few minutes.

I'm lookin' forward to juicy meat & the fat turning to meat butter! I wish my whiskely stout was in the fridge already! Cleaning up the better bottle now, as it's a lil dusty...

Planning on a lazy Sunday. I do plan to make an easel for my granddaughter, maybe move some pale ale to a secondary (I know...most people don't do that these days) and organize my workshop a little.
However, those are my plans...I have yet to find out in what way my wife's plans will over ride mine.

Since it's raining out, I just plan to enjoy some good stouts and talk to my dad. Fishing seems to be out, but maybe I can find something else to do that'll be relaxing.
And happy father's day to all the rest of you fathers!

2 1/2" of rain fell in the last 24 hours, making everything a real soggy mess. More rain is on the agenda for today as well. I have to help a neighbor do a washout repair on his driveway, but not before a bit of breakfast.

Sausage and cheese omelettes sound like the winner this morning. :rockin:

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Brew day for me after church! Got a starter ready and doing up my Weizen. But it's gonna be a hot one!

Driving up to Bridgton, Maine for a funeral at 1pm, so we're leaving here in about an hour. Heading back right after the funeral, and as soon as I get home I'm headed for Merrimack, NH, to get the two grandkids that are visiting us for the summer. If there's still time after that, I hope to show and sell a car I have in my driveway to a former coworker.
No beer stuff today I guess.

Getting an early brew in this morning. We finally got a break from the rain here.

Going to my grandparents this afternoon to help clean out their attic. The first sunny day in a while and I could use some clouds.

Recovering from Bonerfest! 2 nights and days of whiffle ball tournaments, dunk contests, a dunk tank, baseball card drinking games, food of all sorts including spit roasted chicken on a homemade waterwheel rotisserie, and gallons of homebrew.

Another hot, dry day here in MT. Nearly a solid month without a drop; if I thought it would do any good, I'd do a rain dance. This will likely be a bad fire season this year.
Regards, GF.

Mundane brew chores for me today -
*Clean my brew room
*Bottle some beer with the beer gun
*Package up some brews to send to a friend
*Make a couple yeast starters, and get my ingredients/recipe in order so I can BREW TOMMORROW:mug:

It's been raining almost every day here. A couple inches of rain in the last 30 hours or so. We're a lil soggy here atm. Just chillin' today with some roasty coffee & 61F. Been cool & wet the last couple weeks here, wish I'd had the $$ to have gotten the #1 Burton in the FV. Would've been great weather for it.

Lots of fog this last week because the snow is melting. Spending today pre-boiling a couple buckets worth of water. Our boil water advisory is over, but the clean water theyre bringing us is being poured into the tanks that have had the contaminated water still in them.

Maybe today's the day the technician will stop by to upgrade my internet dish.

Like most Sundays i'm sitting next to a 550 foot wall of water backed by 240 miles of lake. (at work at a Dam site)

Got to sleep in today, and now relaxing and having a big cup of coffee while trying to plan out my day. Probably gonna brew up a batch of beer, clean up some kegs (including my 3 for $25 craigslist score from yesterday), and keg up a batch.

Last full day as Mr Mom to my 3 kids. Played Uno all morning, fed kids lunch, now I'm in the garage with a beer and cigar, letting the little monsters do whatever the hell they want for an hour or so.

Drinking wine this morning from our trip to Paso Robles. I think SWMBO won't mind 4 more carboys for a fall wine project...

I'm finally brewing beer!

I haven't brewed in almost three months due to getting married, honeymoon, summer vacation, new job, and an upcoming move next month. Fortunately I had a great pipeline going, so my taps never ran dry... But my pipeline is looking pretty sad right now!

Back