Strawberry milk with Smuckers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquidPope

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making strawberry milk with Smuckers Sundae Topping, or any sort of "sundae syrup"? I can't find Hershey's syrup anywhere in my city, SWMBO is boycotting Nestle so Nesquik is out of the question, but Smuckers is readily available. Would it work?

Why not just make your own?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/223462/simple-strawberry-syrup/
1 cup water
2 cups quartered strawberries
1 cup white sugar
Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Mix strawberries into saucepan and bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until strawberries are mushy and sauce is thick, about 10 minutes. Strain liquid into a bottle and refrigerate.

You can't find something in TORONTO???

I know! It's baffling! :confused:

Most of the major grocery chains are within a 15-minute walk of my apartment, and none of them (Loblaws, No Frills, Metro, Sobey's) have Hershey's syrup. The small independent stores I've checked don't have it, Bulk Barn and the big drugstores don't have it. The only places I can think of that I haven't checked are the Longo's on Bloor, and Sugar Mountain on Yonge; I figure there's a chance that the candy shop will have it.

Yaknow, you could probably get away with using the strawberry pie filling or glaze stuff. I bet the glaze is pretty much the same thing though may cause some slight haziness.

I emailed Hersheys to ask where I could buy their non-chocolate syrup, their answer was "nowhere in Canada".

Looks like I'm rolling the dice on Smuckers after all!

Tell us how it turns out. For science!

Alright, I picked up a bottle each of Strawberry and Caramel sundae syrup; these are going into SWMBO's Christmas stocking, so I'll give an update on how it all worked out sometime after the 25th.

There is one good sign that I didn't notice before, in that the back of the label has pictures of suggested ways to use the syrup and one of them is a mug with steam coming off of it.

Sounds like strawberry latte'? Hm...maybe add the milk & syrup in a blender, with some cracked ice & plain vodka?...:rolleyes:

Back