St. Patrick's of Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whalenutz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has any one purchased any thing from these guys and if so how did it go? I put an order in for tri clamps but he will contact me tomorrow to complete the transaction. I hope all goes well. thanks for you input in advance

I've not purchased from him, but I do know there is a vendor registered with this site that sells tri-clamps for a good price, swagman I think it is.

No, he's saying swagman is an alternative supplier of triclamps.

Personally I'd rather be beaten with a set of triclamps before I'd suggest giving St Pats a dime's worth of business. The owner is a deplorable *****.

St. Patricks is a woman owned business. As soon as I bought Austin Homebrew Supply she left a message on my phone saying she was going to put me out of business. I put her out of the homebrew business. She sells industrial wine making equipment now.

Just make sure you know the safeword if you need to return anything or need help.

Forrest

Ah, just read it wrong (while drinking). My apologies to Swagman.

Yuri: Fun reads, thanks for the links.

No, he's saying swagman is an alternative supplier of triclamps.

Personally I'd rather be beaten with a set of triclamps before I'd suggest giving St Pats a dime's worth of business. The owner is a deplorable *****.

Quite right, I have heard bad things about St. pats but I've never dealt with them so didn't want to bash without experience :)

Well items are in kentucky and coming but ***..p..s.. i hate ups they suck in alaska fedex rules the wolrd, its gotten a fifthe of the way here and still have to wait another week before items come.

It's been a while, but I have purchased several things from St Pats... You have to know the code word. WINE. DO NOT mention ANYTHING to do with beer. Prices were not that bad back in the day but even then if she found out you were a homebrewer, seems her nose went up in the air at that point.

man! I had read these 'opinions' on the internet before, and tried to be optimistic, but, GOODGODMAN!

The webpage links above, had OTHER links, and links to OTHER linked links,and , and, and I never got through them all.
Dint know the BBB gave F's!

Thanks for the heads up, I was deciding what questions I needed to ask them about their products.

It varies by state, but most, and most importantly NJ and TX do not require notification.

States Requiring One Party Notification
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Colorado
District Of Columbia
Georgia
Hawaii
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Oklahoma Oregon
Ohio
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

States Requiring Two Party Notification
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida Massachusetts
Maryland
Michigan
Montana New Hampshire
Pennsylvania
Washington

Dead post but... I wish I could bash these guys like everyone else on HBT but I needed a few parts that no one else online had. I called them, asked a few questions (including home brew questions), got great responses, ordered the stuff and it arrived within a few days with no hassle.
I needed an end cap reducer for a keg and the 2" one side flat gasket for it. If anyone else knows who sells them online let me know. The only thing that sucked is they don't tell you how much shipping is, they just charge your card when it ships.

Yes maybe things have changed, but I have bought several things from St. Pat's and have had no issues.

DB3, I think I have an extra one of what you are looking for, I was going to use them as a sanky fermenter, but have gone a different rout. PM me and I can see If what I have is what you need.

Dead post but... I wish I could bash these guys like everyone else on HBT but I needed a few parts that no one else online had. I called them, asked a few questions (including home brew questions), got great responses, ordered the stuff and it arrived within a few days with no hassle.
I needed an end cap reducer for a keg and the 2" one side flat gasket for it. If anyone else knows who sells them online let me know. The only thing that sucked is they don't tell you how much shipping is, they just charge your card when it ships.

Sorry, I don't believe you. You're a new register here and I have to assume you're the owner of St. Pats. Then again, there was never any indication that they had any interest in cleaning up their reputation. My interactions with them indicated that they were either trying to get put out of business or have someone firebomb the place for revenge.

I have heard a lot of stories about St. Pats but personally have never experience a problem with my orders.

I've probably purchased $500+ worth of products from them. Never an issue, fast shipping. All my orders were by internet, no phone discussions.

My other favorite sites are:

Brewers Hardware
Bargain Fittings
GW Kent - a little pricey

Ultimately, we talk with our money. If the products and service is poor... simply don't buy from them.

What I'm suggesting is that customers who place orders with them over the internet and don't have any problems with that order are providing income and cover for what is an absolutely deplorable person. One day you'll have to return something or call them for some reason and you'll regret ever spending a dime there.

Bsquared - Thanks for the help but I actually purchased the stuff in my post from St. Pats. I couldn't find the reducer and gasket anywhere.
Bobby M - I can assure you I have nothing to do with St. Pats. I would only purchase from them again if I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere else online. I'm new to this site because I just got back into homebrewing after an 8 year hiatus. And an attitude like that doesn't really make me want to shop @ Brewhardware. I'm just kidding, but my set-up is all tri-clamp so if you start selling TC I'll start buying it.

I stopped by there when I went to Austin about two weeks ago.

If you are not going to drop a dime, just avoid the place.

I wanted to see some industrial equipment for my home brew applications.

I do not like people who follow me around a store throwing prices at me... everything is marked...

shady is all I can say

New member but long time reader. Thought I would share my most recent transaction with St. Pats. in case anyone thought things had made a turn for the better. I wish I had read this thread before I engaged with this company.

I sent Jan 8 2014:

This is my second email and I have called several times with no answer. I’m building multiple 30 gal RIMS nano breweries and want to us the jet 05 centrifugal pump. I have researched the pump on the internet but can find no reason why the upper limit (113F) is so low. The pump appears to have similar components of other small centrifugal pumps that are rated to 200F or more. I realize you can’t tell me to operate the pump at temperatures higher than that for which it is rated, but is it possible that this is a grossly deflated number for industry certification reasons? If not, is it possible to purchase different internal components that will handle up to 220F? I would like to buy four or more of these pumps (among other components) if I can figure this out.

Thanks,

Andy Goulding

She responded today with:

Andy
we will not sell you the pumps. that should make your decision much easier.
regards

St. Patrick's of Texas
10601 Wetmore Rd
San Antonio, TX 78216
[email protected]

www.StPats.com

I then called to ask what the heck that email was about and she screamed: "I won't sell you the pumps and don't ever call here again!" and hung up on me.

Awesome. Please don't give this company your money, it only perpetuates this horrible type of business behavior.

New member but long time reader. Thought I would share my most recent transaction with St. Pats. in case anyone thought things had made a turn for the better. I wish I had read this thread before I engaged with this company.

I sent Jan 8 2014:

This is my second email and I have called several times with no answer. I’m building multiple 30 gal RIMS nano breweries and want to us the jet 05 centrifugal pump. I have researched the pump on the internet but can find no reason why the upper limit (113F) is so low. The pump appears to have similar components of other small centrifugal pumps that are rated to 200F or more. I realize you can’t tell me to operate the pump at temperatures higher than that for which it is rated, but is it possible that this is a grossly deflated number for industry certification reasons? If not, is it possible to purchase different internal components that will handle up to 220F? I would like to buy four or more of these pumps (among other components) if I can figure this out.

Thanks,

Andy Goulding

She responded today with:

Andy
we will not sell you the pumps. that should make your decision much easier.
regards

St. Patrick's of Texas
10601 Wetmore Rd
San Antonio, TX 78216
[email protected]

www.StPats.com

I then called to ask what the heck that email was about and she screamed: "I won't sell you the pumps and don't ever call here again!" and hung up on me.

Awesome. Please don't give this company your money, it only perpetuates this horrible type of business behavior.

If places like St. Pats and Kegkits can stay in business for this long by being horrible and or criminal, it means that any company should be able to. I often wonder why I bother shipping the merchandise that people pay for and/or why I even answer emails. It seems like meaningless overhead now.

I then called to ask what the heck that email was about and she screamed: "I won't sell you the pumps and don't ever call here again!" and hung up on me. .[/QUOTE said:
They are well known for doing this!!!!!

haha can we get a large group to keep calling her and asking them about there pump? Then post her response?

Back