St. Patrick's of Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they're following the business model of those restaurants where the waitstaff intentionally insult you and that's part of the experience? Then again, I never understood those places either...

They're probably used to dealing with winery's, where everyone treats you like crap.

Haven't read this thread, but sort of chuckled when I read the title. They have a reputation...
Think of it this way, when I walk into an electrical supply house, if I get service at all they start slamming me because I am not a licensed professional. Wasting their time, using the wrong name for a part, placing a very small order while they are wondering if I'm going to burn someone's house down.
The owners of St Pat's were always polite to me - at least after they knew I worked in the same industry. It was always nice to see them when I needed a same day gasket or ferrule, etc. Wish they hadn't moved, now no local source for professional parts. Never needed to return anything, knew what I was there for, inspected parts before leaving.

I get that, but they have a website that is accessible to small end users and there is no indication that they are only interested in serving the winery market. The obvious disgust they feel for the casual hobbyist is what we're shocked by. If they want to run a B2B model, they should have a customer registration process for the site.

Like I said, she has a reputation, that's why I laughed when I read the title of the thread. I know a business that bought one of their bottling systems, he was left with a bitter taste of their customer service - his opinion on letting me pick up a part there was "I will make you cut the piece out of a block of stainless steel with your teeth before I give that (%#$%()*#% any business..." and the fit lasted the rest of the day.
It didn't help the situation in that I was laughing at his experience, how typical it is - the same reason I laughed when I read this thread, and usually do.
Truth is she is a bit, how do we put this... not very sane at times.

Wow, this has to have been going on for at least 20 years. It was the early 90's I think when I first got in to homebrewing and she was just beginning to build her "reputation" back then.

And yes, I'm old.

Back