Seltzer question, not sure where it is supposed to go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
But here goes. I am trying my hand at a hard seltzer kit from Morebeer. I did once before, but they did not have the kit so I bought 5lbs of corn sugar, and a pack of Proper yeast nutrient and the yeast the guy gave me that I don't remember the name of. This time, they had the kit, which included a champagne yeast I believe, some Fermaid and Fermcap. The last time I did it, I seem to remember it being done fermenting within a week. This time, after a week, it was at 1.030, which seemed high. I added a small amount of Fermaid and after another week it is now at 1.020. My thought it to give it another week or so, but this will put it into week 3 and that seemas like a long time. It has been sitting in a room that stays between 62 and 67 degrres, so I don't think temp is the issue. Anyone have any input? I don't care as I don't really drink it and the kit was only about 20 bucks, just want to get the bucket back in use for my next brew day. LOL.

Did you not do any yeast nutrient feedings every other day? That is key because the yeast get lazy just fermenting sugar. They need nutrients to keep going and finish.

Did you not do any yeast nutrient feedings every other day? That is key because the yeast get lazy just fermenting sugar. They need nutrients to keep going and finish.
I did not, I did Fermaid into the bucket once when I pitched the yeast and 24 hours later per instructions. I added more after 14 days because it stalled out at about 1.030 I think it was. The airlock has been bubbling about two or three strong bubbles every 10 or so seconds. My plan is to check it again this week, and see if we are close to the 1.000, Friday when I check it was at about 1.010 or so. So I think I am close. Thank you for the reply.

Back