So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grain milled last night for an IPA tomorrow, using the last of the Mosaic for flavor/aroma/dry hop, and bittered with Cascade. With the warmer weather, going to change up the chilling procedure by using the plate chiller until it gets down to 90, then switching the hoses to the IC buried in ice water. Also going to keg the Mosaic Pils brewed 2 weeks ago, that tastes absolutely fantastic.

Friend of my brothers came over to make some whisky (yes, perfectly legal hereabouts). He had 12kg of grain so we set aside 3.5kg for BIAB and crammed the rest in the grainfather. BIAB went fine but the grainfather was very slow to sparge. 35L of wort, no idea how it will come out, learning experience for both of us.

IMG_7400.JPG

Ramping up from a 95F mash in to my beta rest temp on my märzen

i've been cheating on brew days, and making cider recently....but all 6 of my kegs are full now, so i'm going to brew some beer tomorrow...

(been damn near a year since i've had 6 full kegs! i'm happy again! :))

It's a great recipe, clone-wise. This will be my third 10 gallon batch of it - it rivals Julius for going fast here! :D

Cheers!
Funny - Julius clone is the batch I brewed following the Juicy Bits, it's now on the 2nd keg and going fast.

I’m gonna brew a margarita Gose tomorrow. I quit brewing 2 1/2 years ago when diagnosed as type II diabetic. I’ve missed it (although I wasn’t a frequent brewer then, still a newbie ). Blood sugars are under control, I drink Michelob ultra now and no blood sugar issues so I’m gonna play this weekend and brew a hopefully moderate low carb beer.

10 gallons of my Munich helles brewed up today. 3rd time brewing this recipe, first time brewing 10 gallons. Went ok I think. Have two 5 gallon carboys in my keezer now, no room for serving kegs for a couple weeks now. :(

Started my WLP530 starter last night! Getting ready for what I hope to be my finest beer yet, a Westy 12 Clone. Because this yeast was is from Feb 5th I’m going to ramp this starter up in two steps.

IMG_6374.JPG

Brewed my wheatwine Saturday----turned out fine. Oxygenated the wort in my fermenter and pitched a yeast starter and packet of dry yeast.

There was activity in the airlock within an hour of pitching. Went to bed thinking all was fine. Was woken up by a loud hiss from the living room the next morning. Hops and krausen was starting to clog the airlock-but caught it in time. I cleaned and sanitized the lock and put it back on. It went nutz again (see pic20190616_002019.jpg 20190616_051912.jpg ) so I ended up sanitizing some aluminum foil and placing that over the hole in the lid. Cleaned and sanitized the airlock again and all is fine now Thought for sure I had soft serve on the ceiling and walls

Brewed my wheatwine Saturday----turned out fine. Oxygenated the wort in my fermenter and pitched a yeast starter and packet of dry yeast.

There was activity in the airlock within an hour of pitching. Went to bed thinking all was fine. Was woken up by a loud hiss from the living room the next morning. Hops and krausen was starting to clog the airlock-but caught it in time. I cleaned and sanitized the lock and put it back on. It went nutz again (see picView attachment 631691 View attachment 631692 ) so I ended up sanitizing some aluminum foil and placing that over the hole in the lid. Cleaned and sanitized the airlock again and all is fine now Thought for sure I had soft serve on the ceiling and walls

Do you use two strains of yeast? Is that the reason for the starter and packet of dry yeast? Looks like you participate in a club, guessing from the beer sign.

Not different strains-i just like to add a starter and a pack of dry yeast when I'm brewing a bigger beer. I'm a member of several Facebook beer groups-but nothing local......i will meet up with fellow brewers for an occasional pint/brewday The signs recognize my participation in a local beerfest/music festival that I attend annually called Funktoberfest---which includes a homebrewer contest.

Do you use two strains of yeast? Is that the reason for the starter and packet of dry yeast? Looks like you participate in a club, guessing from the beer sign.

I’m brewing an American Wheat tomorrow after work. Starter has been spinning for a couple days, grain is crushed, and propane tank is now full. Going to add some grapefruit zest for something different, hopefully I don’t regret it.

Was going to brew 10 gallons of Galaxy-forward neipa this Saturday, even have a big 1318 starter running right now. Then I checked the pipeline and realized after I keg the batch of Juicy Bits that's on the last dry hop right now there won't be any empty kegs to fill :drunk:

16 kegs full of beer, no empties. First Homebrewing World Problem ;)

Trying an experimental brew. A while back I had a Mosaic IPA on tap and a Patersbier. I had to switch the keg line from one to the other so when I did that, the line was full of IPA. I poured a little of the Patersbier just to flush it out, so I had a little glass of a blend of each. I tasted it and it was really good! So this weekend I'm doing a Patersbier generously hopped with Mosaic.

Brewing a nice West Coast IPA on Sunday.

2-row and a touch of 40L
2 oz of Magnum for bittering
4 oz Falconer's Flight @ flameout
4 oz Falconer's Flight split between fermenter and keg
Imperial A24 yeast
150 ppm SO / 50 ppm Cl

Back