So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barleywine going into secondary, one gallon is going to get oaked with some spirals that were bourbon soaked like 3yrs ago and never used up.

20150607_120515-picsay[1].jpg

Woof. Spent Saturday taking down a big ol' white pine tree (30-something inches wide at the stump), was totally beat by the end of the day. Then at 5:30 this morning the Spousal Unit couldn't shut off her *&#^%$@! alarm clock...and I couldn't get back to sleep.

&%@$! :drunk:

Still managed to drag my a$$ around today to knock out a wheat and a blonde.

ab_june_07_2015.jpg.jpg

Should sleep well tonight...

Cheers! :mug:

Something called " a little too quiet" woke me up this morning at 5:34AM. And of course the three beers I had the night before had my bladder reaching critical mass. By the time I Bleed my lizard, I figured I might as well stay up. Was tired & soar from moving truck duty yesterday & thought sure I'd sleep in. Nope. But at least I got more work done in the man cave/brewery today.

Woof. Spent Saturday taking down a big ol' white pine tree (30-something inches wide at the stump), was totally beat by the end of the day. Then at 5:30 this morning the Spousal Unit couldn't shut off her *&#^%$@! alarm clock...and I couldn't get back to sleep.

&%@$! :drunk:

Still managed to drag my a$$ around today to knock out a wheat and a blonde.

Should sleep well tonight...

Cheers! :mug:

The blonde looks like a wheat, and the wheat looks like a stout. For real?

That was a big tree. Sounds like the chainsaw was going for quite some time!

The blonde looks like a wheat, and the wheat looks like a stout. For real?

Yeah, for real. Ambient basement lighting from left of scene, and the camera flash didn't help.
Both batches looked pretty much the same in good light before moving them to the ferm fridge, and BS says they're both 6° SRM.

That was a big tree. Sounds like the chainsaw was going for quite some time!

That old pine was a ~90' tall, heavily leaning bastid that took the whole day to disassemble.
I had to put the 20" bar on the saw to buck the bottom third - and trim the stump so it won't cost me both nuts for the grinding service charge :eek:

Had to be done. It was looking like a good summer t-storm would finally uproot it and drop it across the roadway, and that's never a good thing.
Tree companies wanted an average of $1200 to take it down.
Me and my Durango did it for a hella lot less...

Cheers!

Red IPA with Warrior FWH and a Nelson Sauvin Hop bomb. Bit of a poor crush so lots of sparging, but mostly got there in the end (1.057 instead of 1.061).
I didn't drain my immersion chiller very well last time, it kept randomly spitting out water after I put it in the boil. :smack:

Darnit. I was hoping to get another brew in this weekend but it looks like that plan is shot to poop. At least there is the offer of $7/lb lobster for this weekend and a free keg of cheap assed beer.

Brewing what I'm calling my Half-Nelson IPA. 1.064 IPA loaded with almost an exact 50/50 split of Nelson and Centennial/Cascade (mostly Centennial).

Trying to decide between a 3 gal or 5 gal batch of tripel on Saturday. For me, 5 gal is a lot of tripel. Good news is it ages well :)

Brewing up my second attempt at a table saison. Using oats this tone to boost the body a bit. I'm going to hop it with centennial and simcoe, and toss in the trois I've had lying around got some funk.

filling up the spare bottles before the family visits, so it's my "basic" honey-witbier this weekend.

With the apa bottled, the ipa almost ready for dryhopping, that should fill every corner of our cellar with beer :p

Brew night was last night. 20 litres of BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde with 2 modifications. LHBS didn't have any Vienna so I subbed Munich. Subbed all hop additions with wild cluster(?) hops I picked/dried last fall. This isn't the first time I've made this beer with these hops and it turned out pretty good before.

Between the Munich and the hops it really isn't as per the recipe but I am confident it will be good beer anyway.

Working tonight after being off last night and screwing up my 3rd shift sleep schedule, going to attempt to take a nap after 6 and hopefully get up and brew cream of three crops around 11am

Having a double brew day at my brothers. He's doing a blonde ale and I am doing my 2nd version of a Two Hearted Ale clone. Good times...

Back