So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already brewed this weekend. Finishing an amber up right now. Might do a hefe on Sunday if I'm feeling anxious. Gotta love the flex 9/80 work schedule. Brew Friday every other week!

I have the world's fanciest brew stand too...

image-2021005358.jpg

Brewing my first AG this weekend and it will be my first own recipe. I'm making an IPA. Hopefully all goes well

lumpher said:
good luck to both, flip and mk. what's the recipe, mk? robust orange chocolate porter going down tomorrow

An IPA recipe I made so hopefully all will go well

Style: American IPA
Type: All Grain Calories: 228
Rating: 0.0 Efficiency: 70 %
IBU's: 90.26 Boil Size: 6.00 Gal
Color: 9.0 SRM Batch Size: 5.00 Gal
Boil Time: 90 minutes
Estimated Actual
Brew Date: - 04/30/2011
OG: 1.070 -
FG: 1.016 -
ABV: 7.07 % - %
Serve Date: 06/04/2011 / /

Fermentation Steps
Name Days / Temp Estimated Actual
Primary 7 days @ 72.0°F 04/30/2011 04/30/2011
Secondary 14 days @ 72.0°F 05/07/2011 -
Bottle/Keg 14 days @ 74.0°F 05/21/2011 -

Grains & Adjuncts
Amount Percentage Name Gravity Color
12.00 lbs 85.71 % Pale Malt (2 Row) US 1.036 2.0
1.00 lbs 7.14 % Vienna Malt 1.036 3.5
0.50 lbs 3.57 % Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L 1.034 60.0
0.50 lbs 3.57 % Biscuit Malt 1.036 23.0

Hops
Amount IBU's Name Time AA %
1.00 ozs 44.45 Chinook 90 mins 13.00
1.00 ozs 33.67 Horizon 40 mins 12.00
1.00 ozs 13.49 Amarillo Gold 15 mins 8.50
1.00 ozs 5.10 Pearle 5 mins 8.00
2.00 ozs Cascade 10 days 5.50

Yeasts
Amount Name Laboratory / ID
1.0 pkg California Ale White Labs 0001

I've got a 2.5 gallon all-grain ESB and a 5 gallon partial mash oatmeal stout ready to go. I'm hoping to get them both in on Saturday night depending on how early I get started. One may have to wait until Sunday but I like brewing late so probably not.

I just brewed a black ipa (oxymoron?) last night and I'm planning on brewing a cascade, orange, corriander ale later this afternoon. I have the latter on tap right now. It is so delicious that I have to brew more immediately. This keg is not going to last long! That recipe is on the recipe forum. I highly recommend it.

Just Brewed a beer I'm calling "Bob" for "Bottom of Barrel". It's everything I had left on hand but for a couple pounds of chocolate malt. It had just under eight of two-row; a bit over two lbs of biscuit and a little more than one lb of crystal 20. 1/2 oz Chinook, 1/2 oz Centennial, and 3/4 oz Glacier. The yeast is Wy 1968 washed from last batch. The air lock has been chirping since about four hours after pitching the starter. Good times!

Hopefully,my wife & son will come home with the rest of the stuff we need for her 1st brew day tomorrow! She picked out a fresh brewer's best "summer Ale" kit a week ago,got the yeast & briess LME in the fridge,hop packets in the freezer waiting. Not to mention,another cooper's can to use the DME,Saaz hops,etc I've got stockpiled from the same buy a week ago. I need another fermenter pronto. Already tired of this one at a time crap. At least we'll have some HB's to drink for a while. I'm def liking the use of regular size glass bottles,since I can get as many as 68 of'em out of a 23L batch. So the 5G kit should give me some 53 bottles max. But it's gunna be fun,helping her brew a beer style she loves for the first time. I'm perk as a ruttin buck over that!!:rockin:

Working a 48 hour shift this weekend, but I did brew 10 gal. of Mac and Jack's African Amber this last Thursday and will be brewing 10 gal. of a honey porter on Monday. Doing my yeast starter while at work though ;)

Just finished a 2row / vienna /60L IPA with 8 oz of centinell and cascade hops and had 1.5 gal of wort left in the mash tun and did a partigyle with willemette just for the hell of it.

brewing a nice APA I'm calling Irish Eyes.8.0 lb maris otter,1.0 lb vienna, .5 lb crystal 20l, 1.0 oz east kent golding,60min. .25oz fuggle,60min. .75oz fuggle 15min. .5oz sazz, 5min. & 1272 American Yeast. 2nd gen. 5gal.batch.

4x4jeep74 said:
brewing a nice APA I'm calling Irish Eyes.8.0 lb maris otter,1.0 lb vienna, .5 lb crystal 20l, 1.0 oz east kent golding,60min. .25oz fuggle,60min. .75oz fuggle 15min. .5oz sazz, 5min. & 1272 American Yeast. 2nd gen. 5gal.batch.

I love 1272. It's one of my favorites!

Oktoberfest tomorrow, Pils, Munich, Vienna, and a 4 liter starter. Which I didn't start until today, so the brewing may have to wait 'til Wednesday. :(

Its going to be a great brew day. Wife is at work. I am sitting here drinking coffee and working out my final recipe / water calcs etc. Going to fire up the strike water in an hour or so. Doing a wheat beer now that summer is here.

5.25 lb American Red Wheat
3.50 lb American 2-Row Pale
0.50 lb Munich
0.25 lb Carapils

0.3 oz Chinook Leaf FWH
0.5 oz Chinook Leaf 5 min

WLP320 American Hefeweizen

OG 1.046, 22 IBU

Yeah!

doing a Dunkelweizen from Brewer's Best later this morning, after I rack my Red Ale to the secondary. (if I didn't have to bowl state tourney this afternoon, I would start on my outdoor bar/brewing station after that...)

Mashing a Burton Bridge Empire clone now. brewed DC Rye on Friday.

house Hefe and Cheswick Bitter or Speckled Hen up next weekend.

j

Going to brew an American Irish Red (Red Headed Step Child, working name) with a buddy of mine who is learning the craft.

The recipe is a red colored ale, not as dry as an Irish red, with American hops vs. English ones.

summer is coming! :ban: a bavarian hefeweizen is on the schedule for this afternoon/evening. :mug:

Brewed a 10 gallon batch of "Beach Bum Ale" with the ECHO Brew Club in support of AHA "Big Brew". Great time had by all as we sampled some fine members brews ate some fine smoked butt and hung out by the pool !!!!:mug::mug::mug:

Bottled my Porter and kegged my ESB and All Chinook IPA. All of the samples were fantastic.

The only thing that scares me is that I just recently picked up these soda kegs, and even though I've run pbw and star san through them, they still have a little soda smell. The esb one really did, but it was too late, I had already racked it. I've already got 2 kegged and tapped though that came out fine, so I'm hopeful the esb will be ok.

I need to get the proper tool so I can just break them down and clean thoroughly and replace all of the gaskets.

Brewing on Saturday (5/7) a Scottish 90/-... That's the style it's closest to. Started off as a dark cream ale, but the yeast (Wyeast 1318) could produce some fruity esters, so it's more in line with a Scottish 90/-... Brewing a the LHBS sponsored brew-day, so I'll get pretty much all the ingredients for $0...

Four gallons of strike water heating up for tonight's brew session as I type this. DubbelDach's Cascades / Orange Pale Ale is plugged into Beer Smith. I just opened the the first of my last three homebrews and SWMBO is off to the store to pick me up a sixer to carry me through the session.

Damn...I love brew days! :mug:

Back