So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing what I'm calling a Grab Bag IPA - 13lbs 2 row with Cascade as FWH, then nothing else until last 20 minutes of boil. Going to use Columbus, Centennial, a bit of Mosaic, then dry hop with Centennial & Columbus. In the mash now with about 20 minutes left to go. Later today or tomorrow will keg up my Raspberry Porter, it's been sitting on the fruit for over a week and should be done.

Brewing 10 gallons of Hefe and sweating my arse off. 5 gallons will be a regular Hefe, 5 will go on some cherries when fermented out.

Making yeast starters for next weekends 10 gallon / 35.5oz simcoe/citra/mosaic low oxygen IPA

Just finished up a batch of my summer house ale this time using nelson sauvin/citra at flameout. I've been doing essentially the same recipe repeatedly this summer and changing out the finishing hops each time. I'm looking forward to tasting how these two interplay. :p

Yesterday i brewed a smokehouse porter ( Stein bier ) at Masstoberfest.
pitched this morning, and its cooking great. It was dedicated to a fellow brewer who had passed last year.

I started a one gallon batch of cherry melomel. Never brewed mead before so I'm excited to see what happens with it. The cookies in the background are what my wife made from the left over honey. Yum!

mead.jpg

Was planning on doing a stewbrew - I have an unknown mix of Briess 2-row, Briess Pale Ale and c40. I also have 3 oz of leftover Cascade. So I'm gonna get some more 2 row and more Cascade and just run with it.

Was going to do it Sunday. FIL texted this afternoon and offered a ticket to the Packer game.

I'm brewing Saturday.

5 gallons of Chocolate milk stout(NB kit I had sitting around for a year...) today, might do a 5 gallon IPA tomorrow, and 10 gallons of my house ale Saturday. Trying to get my pipeline full then keep it full until it gets to cold to brew. If I can avoid brewing in Dec, Jan, Feb then frozen water lines will be a lot less of a problem(froze the garden hose up 5 times last winter while brewing)

I am brewing a pumpkin ale today or tomorrow. Gotta get ready for the holiday season. I am going to give most of it away as xmas gifts. Cheap gift but i know the fam will love them! After I bottle my begian wheat on Saturday, I will have another carboy ready to brew a kolsch on sunday. Cheers everyone

Finally - getting back to brewing. The last time I brewed was in July. Some unfortunate circumstances and a busy schedule have put brewing on the back burner. I actually had to buy beer.

Tomorrow - Platypus Venom is on the docket. It's a NEIPA featuring nelson sauvin, galaxy and el dorado hops. I'm pretty excited about this recipe. I have a really good NEIPA base recipe, but I'm messing a bit with the grain bill to see if I can make it more simple and less expenseive.

I'll also be sampling my Vanilla Bean (pseudo) Bourbon Barrel Porter tomorrow to see if it's ready to go. Based on the last sample, which was close, I'm guessing I'll be bottling that within the next few weeks.

Saturday I will be brewing a Belgian Strong Dark Ale of moderate ABV ( 8.6% ) and Sunday I will be brewing a 7.5% Black IPA.

The following these will also be brew days: one Red IPA and 2 American IPAs. So I will have 5 full days of brewing, but I do not mind, knowing I will be drinking those in about 4-5 weeks.

Brewing a Czech Pils via BIAB on Saturday. Just realized I'm out of Whirlfloc. Hopefully Irish Moss I have as backup can do the clarity job for me. Last time I tried this style it was a little hazy.

Just finished up brewing a triple C IPA with 10 pounds of two row, Columbus, Centennial, and Cascade. Really an experiment using a bag in the tun and different techniques (underletting and no false bottom, just the bazooka). Got 1.050 OG out of it and it smelled great on the boil. Letting it no-chill and will pitch some tried & true slurry on it in the morning before hitting the Washington State Fair. Scones & Elephant Ears, here I come!!!

IPA for today got canceled by heat, 94 degrees and 55% humidity sucked to say the least! Sweat standing still. I did get the brew rig prepped and water in the mash tun so all I need to do is turn the burner on and mash in. Crushed grains today so that is done, hops weighed, water additions weighed and in the kettles... I will fill the HLT as mash water heats, it has a tiny seep around the thermometer if I leave it full overnight. After mash in turn the HLT burner on low then couch potato for 60 minutes! I need to get a more comfey chair for out there!

Might do the IPA Sunday if I have any energy... or just couch potato and watch NASCAR...

Comet IPA. Pairing 1 lbs of comet hops (total, including dry hop and whirlpool). To 10 lbs 2 row, 1 lbs biscuit.

Husband is dead set on us brewing an Oatmeal Stout this weekend, but then the brat bought a 22 of somebody's pumpkin ale that was off the sheet delicious. Now I'm torn....

Alright... Have to tinker with my braid in the mashtun as it has gotten clogged/stuck the last two batches. Should be ready to brew thrice (3 consecutive weekends) starting this coming Sunday. Finally will do a British brown ale, followed by a honey pale ale then a super duper porter!

Well... played with barley crusher gap settings.
Got some locally grown malted 2row... Was warned id need to use "a bit finer crush" lol
Normally the mill is set for roughly .037... Set it to .029 and did a Falconers Flight 10G batch... Well, best case scenario, Ill have an expensive 3.9% bèer. lol.
Tried some more today, and im down to roughly .024 before i start seeing much flour in the crushed grain. Going to have to create a 5gal 2row smash recipe and test what i get with it compared to say OiO 2row with similar grain bills from Beersmith. Never stop learning...

Comet IPA. Pairing 1 lbs of comet hops (total, including dry hop and whirlpool). To 10 lbs 2 row, 1 lbs biscuit.

Please tell us how the beer turns out.

I am really intrigued by Comet ( although a very old hop ).

I used it once in a Red IPA , together with Amarillo and Mosaic, but I have to admit I did not know which was the Comet contribution.

So a story for this hop will help a lot. :ban:

Going to do a pumpkin ale with a co-worker this coming weekend. The beer is more for him, as I can take or leave (mostly leave) pumpkin ales these days. But he's super into them and has liked mine in the past; plus, I'll take any excuse to brew :mug:

Not sure which recipe I'll brew this w/e.

Oatmeal Stout
American Wheat
International Pale Lager, or
Baltic Porter

Decisions, decisions....

Please tell us how the beer turns out.

I am really intrigued by Comet ( although a very old hop ).

I used it once in a Red IPA , together with Amarillo and Mosaic, but I have to admit I did not know which was the Comet contribution.

So a story for this hop will help a lot. :ban:

Will do, currently fermenting. i used about 1 oz as FHP, about 2 at 20, about 2 at flame out, about 2 at whirlpool, and tossed 1 with yeast (not expecting that to do much.). I'll be dry hopping it on oct 10th and bottling the 14th. So should have a first sip on the 18th - 20th. :)

Back