So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to do a 2 gallon batch of a chocolate porter- using up some old grains so we'll see how it goes.

grain - 3lbs 2 row, 4 ozs chocolate malt, 4 oz victory, 4.25 oz honey malt, 4 oz flaked barley, 4 oz carapils- maybe some crystal 60 or 40

hops- havent decided i have northern brewer, cascade and fuggle- so a combo of those prolly

yeast- one gallon will get us-05 and one will get San fran lager-

I know its a bit of a frankenbrew but my ferm chamber is busy lagering 10 gallons and i have the itch to brew and i have all the ingredients on hand- thinking it will be close to a porter of some sorts

Just brewed another 6 gallon batch of 'Cream of 3 Crops' ale because it was one of my best attempts. Also was my first batch of 2014. Last year was my busiest as a homebrewer, brewing 8 batches. This year I hope to brew 12-15.

Did a batch of IPA last weekend . This weekend Ill do the exact same recipe but change to hop schedule to continuous. A little in house experiment to see if it makes a difference and, if so, which I like better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Just brewed my first IPA. My second Home brewed beer. i used cascade, Amarillo, and Citra. Should turn out really good.

With my Chicago trip cancelled before it was even scheduled (apparently, I can't get a table at Gejas until March), I have some time on my hands. Depending on how long a mead takes to maze, I can get a mead, a beer, and a ski in, in one day. I forgot to buy yeast nutrient, and I'm picking up the honey on Friday.

Getting prepped for a new one, an oatmeal stout brewed with some spring water I gathered from the mountains. I plan on a 2.5 gal tester, but might just go all out with a 5 gal batch. Been wanting to do an oatmeal stout with more oats. Gonna go around 30% with this one. Fingers crossed

brewing tomorrow, best time recently between polar vortex(s) and non stop snow here in the Chicago area. Make me envy the indoor brewers but I love brewing so it's worth it!

I'm looking forward to brewing this Saturday, as Covert Hops will be holding their Winter Group Brew. I believe the plan is for a Robust Porter, and if there's enough wort, I'll take some myself.

I hope to do some of my own brewing the following weekend, as well.

Red Hook all grain clone this weekend. Had one buddy help with last brew day. Saturday two buddies are coming. The home brew world continues to gain converts...

Measured my Belgian Pale Ale and took a taste test and it ended up pretty dry and fully fermented, so it's a GO this weekend to brew up a Belgian Golden Strong Ale, or a Trippel. I'm still on the fence on which one to brew.

I *might* also brew a belgian wit, but I only have enough Pilsner Malt for the other beer (actually just short a tiny bit) so if I brewed the wit, it might be a bit dark since I only have 2-row on hand and no plans to get to a brew supply store.

Making a Flanders red with Roeselare. We'll see how it is in 2017 :) I usually go all grain, but SWMBO is out of town so I am going for an extract brew.......inside.

Did a Stone Enjoy By IPA clone last weekend and Arrogant Bastard this
weekend... Guess this was my Stone month. Fwiw enjoy by sample tastes amazing!

Doing an oat meal stout that I have been fine tuning for the last few weeks. Shall see how the creek water works out, the snow is melting fast and my minerals will be diff. I think

If I can just stop reading this loony bin for awhile and get everything set up tonight I'll be doing a double brew day tomorrow. An American Wheat for the spousal unit and a dark ale that one of my sons took a full-on shine to when he brought his wife and two of my grandsons up here over the holidays...

Cheers! :mug:

Brewing my 5 gallon share of an Old Ale that will be aged in a Jack Daniels barrel. 25 lbs of grain!

It should be about 56º today. I needed to get a bunch of junk set up and I've finished dialing in some adjustments to my equipment profile so I can perhaps have a very successful third AG batch brew day.

There's still some snow and ice on the deck, but I really love brewing out there. Doggie can hang with me easier than she can if I were out front. I have to tie her up there and it's unfair to her.

Brewing a pale ale, my own recipe and I'm very excited about it.

Looks like I'll be sitting this weekend out. First non-brewing weekend since I started. It's not as apocalyptic as it seems, my log only has 7 batches in it so far. I've run out of fermenters! I blame the IIPA for needing more time on the yeast cake. Or blame myself for giving it more time. Call it what you will.

Next brew day however... I'm grabbing a couple more 5 gal carboys from storage (AKA parents basement) and making 2x4gal batches as a base malt comparison first all grain day. Reading online is one thing, having a bottle of each in my hands is another. Since I expect that to be a lengthy day it will probably be reserved for next weekend.

Most I get to do today is dryhop a SNPA I made last week. I do have some ingredients being shipped today, so I'll get to brew up a batch Wed-Thur. Whichever day I don't brew on, I have 5 gallons of Mirror Pond to bottle, so at least it gives me something to do this week.

Brewing up a nice light cream ale for quick turnaround to get my kegs filled.. My pipeline is running dry!

Kegging a robust porter tomorrow as well

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Halfway through the boil on a 10 gallon buffalo sweat clone to break in my new pot. All this while my new roomates/tenants move in.
It is a beautiful day, the brew session is going spectacularly aside from my cordless drills battery dying. It smells and looks amazing.

Halfway through the boil on a 10 gallon buffalo sweat clone to break in my new pot. All this while my new roomates/tenants move in.
It is a beautiful day, the brew session is going spectacularly aside from my cordless drills battery dying. It smells and looks amazing.

Yum! Sounds delicious. If I were moving into a place where my landlord was brewing, I'd be terribly overly excited.
I don't want to jinx myself, but things are going well here too and the day is damn glorious!

Edit: I jinxed myself. It rained a bit and my 5 gallon batch turned into 3.5 in the fermenter. Ugh. Dialing this **** in is not easy at all.

Doing a Hard Apple Cider today!!:rockin:

hardapple2.jpg

Boiling up some American wheat with citra hops and sweet orange at flame out...maybe more orange in secondary, if it needs it.

1391290222722.jpg

Mixing up a simple cider that will become a Zombie Killer clone. I made a Zombie Killer clone a couple weeks ago. It's about time to add the honey and cherry juice to the fermented, stabilized cider and, wouldn't'cha know it, I got twice as much honey and cherry juice as I needed so, drats, I gotta make another batch. Wouldn't want to be wasteful. And the grocery store had some nice apple juice on sale too.

EDIT: I'm following KeyWestBrewing's recipe in this thread.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/b-nektar-zombie-killer-clone-364264/index2.html

Moved my set up from extract to BIAB this weekend. Doing a simple SMaSH to test things out. I almost put a hex on the whole damn thing by not having a beer in my hand!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391292658.387498.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Annoyed! Went and bought all my supplies for a second weekend in a row of brewing, making a Belgian Blonde, trying to make something similar to Leffe's Blonde. Woke up refreshed ready to brew today and went to get everything ready....opened my brewing box and saw my stir plate and beaker sitting there!!!!!Sh&$ Mother f$@$er!! Is all that could be heard! Forgot to make a starter! So that is what I did today....will brew Monday after work.

First all grain ever. Kate the Great RIS and parti gyle black IPA that am calling Bastard Ivan.

1.109 RIS wlp001
1.075 BIPA (w/ extract added) wlp007

Annoyed! Went and bought all my supplies for a second weekend in a row of brewing, making a Belgian Blonde, trying to make something similar to Leffe's Blonde. Woke up refreshed ready to brew today and went to get everything ready....opened my brewing box and saw my stir plate and beaker sitting there!!!!!Sh&$ Mother f$@$er!! Is all that could be heard! Forgot to make a starter! So that is what I did today....will brew Monday after work.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

1391301624908.jpg

Back