So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have plenty of beer and with the good weather I plan on getting 3 wine batches going the next few weekends
so 5 gallons each weekend will keep 3 carboys going for 4 months.
will need a lite lager in a month,

Will be pulling a double brew day on Saturday. my first homemade AG recipe, IIPA, and a saison extract kit that I got from AHS.

Just added dry hops to my pale was down from 1044 to 1012 hope I caught in time to scrub some of the added oxygen!

I would like to brew my Belgium Trappist this coming weekend. It's weather dependent. I mill my grains outside of the house and I prefer a clear sky. I sure do love this cold weather though. In the summer my beers are limited to the temps I can ferment at. In the winter, the room I ferment in can be much cooler. Which has me thinking, this next summer I'm likely to be brewing a lot of farmhouse ales. Although I have had some good results using US-05 in the lower 70's, but its so much better in the mid 60's.

Would love to fit in my Family Reunion IPA brewed with simcoe, mosaic, and nugget. Just gotta find the time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Sadly this coming weekend is my work weekend. I'm off today so I used the only opportunity to do something till late next week.

It was bout 15 degrees this morning. Uggg. Brewed up 5.5 of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

i-xdv9H2M-L.jpg

No more brewing for me for a few weeks. Grrrr

Brewing a strawberry pale ale on sunday. Plan is to brew 5 gallons on saturdays and 5 on Sundays by I have tattoo appointment saturday so just doing sunday this weekend

Next weekend will be a honey wheat on saturday and a vanilla bourbon porter on sunday

The following Saturday will be an american amber and not sure on sunday

Sadly this coming weekend is my work weekend. I'm off today so I used the only opportunity to do something till late next week.

It was bout 15 degrees this morning. Uggg. Brewed up 5.5 of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

i-xdv9H2M-L.jpg

No more brewing for me for a few weeks. Grrrr

please tell me you have some air inflow to that room, and a fire extinguisher close by!

I am doing my 1st 10 gallon batch with my new 15 gallon Tall Boy kettle of Northern Brewers Recipe of Dead Ringer. I got the recipe and then went to the LHBS and got the grains.

Off to the LHBS today to to pick up some new ingredients for the Weekend marathon brew.2 5 gallon batches and 3 1 gallon test batches. should be a good weekend.

please tell me you have some air inflow to that room, and a fire extinguisher close by!

Yeah, I keep a few inches of the garage door open to promote a good flow of air. As you guys know who brew in the garage, but have to store their stuff in the house........I only make about 50 trips in and out before I get everything that I need. Also have a CO alarm out there. There is a constant breeze.

Just chilling 4 gallons of a cloned Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. Will pitch it tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Home Brew mobile app

Not Brewing this weekend. But will be next week. I've been offshore for almost 4 weeks and have ordered all kinds of items to get me going. I used to brew on the stove, but after joining this sight and talking with an experienced guy on the boat, I'm now doing a full boil with a starter. Trying out the Octane IPA from Midwest. 6 more days of waiting.

Probably no brewing but I will most likely throw a cider together with the mangrove jack cider yeast that showed up in the mail today. Also bottling the ris a brewed several months ago.

Will bottle a chocolate stout today, samples of this beer have been yummy! Sunday I planned on brewing a bourbon barrel porter but I'm unsure if I wanna stand outside and do my boil in 15 degree weather. My guess is I'll brave it. My 1 liter starter is in the fridge ready to go.

well, I 'WAS' going to brew today....but the weather man was wrong AGAIN! Strong winds weren't suppose to be here til tonight. Right now sustained winds at 24 mph with gusts up to 39 mph....and it's cold!
F@&king f@&ktard weatherman...wish he'd pull his head out of his ass!

I decided to brave the cold and brew a faux pils. (I mostly wanted to try out my new monster mill, which worked great.) It isn't the best day for a long boil but I don't feel like waiting for spring to brew this one. Currently waiting for the mash to finish.

Been fighting a cold...going to try to brew a Lagunitas Brown Shugga clone if I don't crawl back into bed first...LOL

Just about to start a Honey Weizen after getting delayed for about 4 days due to commitments and cold weather.

I'm into the boil now and the wind is absolutely killing me. I jury rigged a reasonable wind break but gusts still keep knocking down my boil. Lesson learned: a frigid, calm day is better than a very cold windy one. Also, build a proper wind screen.

I'm into the boil now and the wind is absolutely killing me. I jury rigged a reasonable wind break but gusts still keep knocking down my boil. Lesson learned: a frigid, calm day is better than a very cold windy one. Also, build a proper wind screen.

I couldn't agree more! Freaking winds really mess a brew day up. Something else I have noticed for these cold winter days...my evaporation rate increases a bit...cold WINDY days increases it even more.

Brewing really is as much of a science as it is an art form.

Just started my water for a 20 gallon sess ipa..

1390671272152.jpg

Back