So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my starter last night, doing a Chainbreaker White IPA clone tomorrow. Using White Labs Belgian Wit yeast for this one

Brewed a robust porter this morning and just pitched the yeast on it! Can't wait to taste this one.

Started my boil..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

1390682659594.jpg

Just finished a 80 bitterness American IPA from a recipe I found in my late uncles stuff. Thought it would be a great first all grain for me. I added some spring water I gathered from a hole in the ice when we were sledding last weekend. I'm naming it Seeley's Second Spring IPA since it's my sons second birthday today. My hose was frozen, so I had to hook up the chiller directly to the spigot outside :/

image.jpg

Lol why is there a ruler on ur pot

For measurements...I have a fb on there too and I like to know how much volume pre boil and post boil I have and adjust the hop additions to that..
My kettle is 26 gallons and .075 =1 gallon..

For measurements...I have a fb on there too and I like to know how much volume pre boil and post boil I have and adjust the hop additions to that..
My kettle is 26 gallons and .075 =1 gallon..

I got ya. My pot has depressions for every quarter gallon I put on with a metal punch. Ruler is a good idea.

Brewing a Pliny the Elder clone tomorrow, brewed a Black IPA on Friday. It's way to cold out but the kegs are getting low. Gonna have to brave the elements in the name of home brew Time to sit back and enjoy one of theseImageUploadedByHome Brew1390697316.921291.jpg!

Just finished up 10 gals of my vienna lager. OG around 1.070. This is probably the 6th time I made this one. I have started leaving it in the fermenter for at least 3 weeks, I can really tell the difference in the taste when it gets some extra time.

I brewed the Lagunitas Brown Shugga clone today using 2 vials of WL002 English Ale (ESB strain), I pitched the yeast at 5:00 pm, by 9:30 pm there was activity in the airlock, this has to be the shortest lag time/fastest acting yeast that I've used so far.

Put on a batch of cider... 2 hours and already bubbling away. Apple and Pomegranate. We'll see what it turns out like.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Home Brew mobile app

I brewed the Lagunitas Brown Shugga clone today using 2 vials of WL002 English Ale (ESB strain), I pitched the yeast at 5:00 pm, by 9:30 pm there was activity in the airlock, this has to be the shortest lag time/fastest acting yeast that I've used so far.

Did you put the brown sugar in the boil or will you add at high krausen? Yeast love love refined sugar.

I brewed in the 40-30's about 7 weeks ago and I think it messed with my efficiency, all my numbers were low. Beer turned out awesome just about 1% lower ABV than normal.

Forgot to start my starter. Had to miss brew day yesterday. At work now and realizing I still havent started the starter. Maybe I can fit a brew day in on tuesday after work if i get the starter spinning before bed when I get home. Or maybe I should just wait until this weekend and have a more leisurely brew session.

Bout ready to boil in below zero temps...WTF!!! Don't make me go out there!!!

Lol I brewed in my garage on sat. It's 14 f outside, but after an hour boil, my burner raised it to 62 f in my garage. I'm so glad I paid the extra money to have the garage walls, ceiling, and door insulated.

I finally got my first brewday of the year yesterday. It's nice not to be so busy working that I have time for more important things like brewing. Also looking forward to brewing the final trial batch for my first commercial brew, contracted at a local 600L brewery! 2014 is going to be a good year for brewing!

Its been in the 50's here in alaska so I have been brewing every weekend. This upcoming weekend I am going to brew a raspberry wheat on saturday and an amber on sunday while watching the big game. Go broncos

I'm flirting with the idea of doing my red hook all grain clone on Saturday. Empty carboys fill me with anxiety.

I'm flirting with the idea of doing my red hook all grain clone on Saturday. Empty carboys fill me with anxiety.

Same here! Just bottled four different beers last week, now I've got the itch once more.

I want to take a stab at doing BIAB with a Irish Red. I have yet to do anything other than extract.

I have 10 gallons of brews going from the past two weeks that I've yet to bottle. Don't have any empties to bottle anything new and will have to buy those along with the ingredients.

I have three empty primary carboys sitting in the corner and don't have anything to do this weekend. Sad thing is, I"M BROKE! Ugggg

Planning on brewing some Cream of Three Crops. I'll probably mash on the stove and then boil outside as it's only suppose to be a high of 31F. You know I have to get a batch in this month!

Brewing another batch of white ipa after making the kids dinner, and a 6 gallon batch of apfelwein hopefully when I'm done brewing. Need to get some full fermenters as I'm down to one beer and one cider! Glad to have not moved up to all grain brewing outside as it was 0 when I woke up with a -30° wind chill.

Back