snow day IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocScott

Reaction score
Work's cancelled. I'm stuck inside. Remaining keg of IPA almost out. Great excuse to fire up the mash tun.

I have about 7 pounds of hops and all the grain I'd need to brew up a west coast IPA/IIPA. What do you recommend?

first thoughts would be:
Pliney the Elder
Pliney the Younger
Enjoy By...
Double Jack

What say you friends? Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I still have to try and work today, and while I'd wanted a snow day brew day myself, I don't get paid until tomorrow. Hah.

Back on topic, not much of an IPA/IIPA guy myself, but of the choices, I'd go with Enjoy By.

Enjoy By! one of my favorites and definitely on my "to do" list

How about 'Pliney the Middle aged'? Sorry, couldn't resist. :p.
It's a snowday up here too. I'm stuck at work with nothing to do, so I'm bored and looking for places to make smart ass comments.

I second the Enjoy By and since you may be out of work tomorrow, brew the Double Jack tomorrow.

I definitely will NOT be out of work tomorrow. Snow days are pretty rare for me in my job.

I decided to brew the Pliney the Elder recipe after checking my base malts and realizing I didn't have any Pale Ale Malt on hand to make the Enjoy by. As I'm on the East Coast and can't get anything from Russian River out here, I decided to make some.

Latest posts

Back