Snizzle Meeting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srm775

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is up for it, but I think we should have another get together. I'm thinking either Lunar Brewing in Villa Park or Gordon Biersch in Bolingbrook. Anyone up for it? I'm thinking a Saturday or Sunday for lunch like the Two Brothers get together.

I was thinking of posting about a possible get together at Lunar. Thanks for saving me the trouble! I'd be up for it. They have nothing in the way of food unless you want a bag of Cheetos or a frozen Tombstone pizza. But I think you can order something and have it delivered and not be hassled about it.

Meeting at Lunar sounds good to me. Saturday afternoon would be tough for me. Saturday evening would be good or Friday would be best.

I have to do easter dinner at my Dad's hose on Sat and and the In-Law's house on Sunday. I might be able to pull off something on Friday.

Robb mentioned doing an opening day weekend trip to GB too.

Yeah, this weekend and next are not good for me and the next four Friday nights in a row are bad. I can do any Saturday in April, though.

This weekend isn't really good for me either ... I suppose Friday night wouldn't be that bad, but Saturday and Sunday aren't good because of easter. The following weekend isn't good either, but the weekend after that (Saturday, April 5th) might not be bad. I have buddies coming in from out-of-town for fantasy baseball but they'll be all for drinking beer.

I'm good with either Biersch or Lunar.

I looks like Saturday, April 5th sounds like the best time for everyone so far ... Should we just plan for that? As far as Robb's goes, I think Biersch would be just as good for him as Lunar would be, and since Biersch is closer for you Plainfield guys, should we plan on Gordon Biersch?

Is this a SWMBO event? That's the weekend of mine's B-day and I highly doubt that doing anything without here is going to fly.

rdwj said:
Is this a SWMBO event? That's the weekend of mine's B-day and I highly doubt that doing anything without here is going to fly.

Alright with me, though I'm not sure the wife will want to go. I'll try to talk her into it though, if we can get a babysitter.

During baseball weekend, SWMBO usually want's to be as far away from us as possible. Oddly enough, drinking massive quantities of beer, burping, farting, making stupid jokes, watching baseball, and talking about obscure baseball facts and players isn't her idea of a good time ... I know, women, go figure!

April 5 is my b'day. Don't know what, if anything is happening that day. Ill find out.

rdwj said:

April 5th is great for me. Either place is good, but if it is a SWMBO event, GB might be more to their liking. Lunar is a bar. My SWMBO will be working, so I'll be solo.

FermentEd said:
April 5 is my b'day. Don't know what, if anything is happening that day. Ill find out.

Whaddya turnin' Ed, 22 maybe 23?

I can't make April 5. The wife has plans for me. I have a hunch that it might involve Payton's Roundhouse.:D

FermentEd said:
I can't make April 5. The wife has plans for me. I have a hunch that it might involve Payton's Roundhouse.:D
Cool! Haven't been there in awhile. They probably have the best food of any brewpub in the area.

I can't - SWMBO has plans for us.

How did the b-ball party go Rhoobarb? I mentioned going to SWMBO and got "the look". Non-SWMBO events are always tough.

Had a great time; thanks for asking! No SNIZZLE members showed, but we had a group of eight guys there. Nice place, cute, cleavage baring waitresses and their mini-burgers are the perfect bar food! Had a Hammerhead IPA which I believe is brewed by McMenamins. Had a nice citrusy hop bitterness, but it was dry and had a thin malt profile. Weirdest item on the beer menu was something they called a 'Black & Blue'. I asked our waitress what it was and it was Blue Moon and Guinness. Sounded disgusting! We all gave it one of those "Eeeww, gross" faces when she told us.

Looks like April 5th is starting to look not so good for many of us. I have a bathroom at home I started redoing and should probably finish it this Saturday. If I can get it done, or close to done, then Sunday I'll brew.

Several of the guys that showed up last Saturday were talking about going to Two Brothers Tap house, so it looks like that is on my radar soon.

One of them talked about reading an article in his doctor's office about a brewery in the area that gave tours and, for $5.00, offered an all-you-can-drink tasting room. He could not remember where it was, just that the article said to get there early b/c space is limited and it fills up quick. Anyone know where this might be?

Black and Blue sounds like something they did for the name and not the taste. There is no way that is any good

I can probably make it on Saturday, but if a majority of the guys here can't make it then let's reschedule for the following weekend. Sound good?

I might be able to make the 12th, depending on the time of day. Evening is no good for me.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' lunch would be best. SWMBO's most certainly welcome.

Unrelated... but I'll be at Two Bros. on saturday 4/5 for the 1pm tour. I haven't done the tour at the new brewery yet and I'm meeting a friend out there. I'll do a few rounds while I'm there (twist my arm) but I'm not going to do too much time out there. Gotta drive back to Chicago afterwards and then have dinner plans saturday night with SWMBO.

But if anyone wants to meet up... see ya there.

jvh261 said:
Unrelated... but I'll be at Two Bros. on saturday 4/5 ...
Sounds like a good time. Wish I could go out there, but I'll be brewing that morning, then working on our bathroom reconstruction that afternoon. Let us know how it goes.

Ok, so on Saturday night, SWMBO and a buddy went to Gordon Biersch for dinner and some beers. The beers weren't bad ... but the food that night was terrible. I'm thinking it's probably more of a lunch type place ... also, with the final four on it was pretty busy.

Looks like I may have to miss this one too. I've been helping my daughter shop for a car and she's probably going to buy on Saturday. I can't believe how quickly my weekends are filling up. I'm definitely brewing on the 20th though!

srm775 said:
Ok, so on Saturday night, SWMBO and a buddy went to Gordon Biersch for dinner and some beers. The beers weren't bad ... but the food that night was terrible. I'm thinking it's probably more of a lunch type place ... also, with the final four on it was pretty busy.
Maybe. The only time SWMBO and I went was at lunch and what we had was pretty good. Some sort of BBQ sandwich, IIRC.

I'm 50/50 for this Saturday. We're redoing our bathroom and we may have to finish that.

alright ... if this weekend doesn't look good for most either then lets push it off to another weekend. Maybe a couple of weeks when the weather's finally warmer and we can sit outside.

Latest posts

Back