Show us your sculpture or brew rig

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

robscool

Reaction score
Here's my Grainfather Brew Rig. Wanted something on wheels so I could use it in the kitchen when it's too cold to brew in the garage. Holds all the gear needed for a brew day. I wanted all-electric, so I'm using an induction cook top to heat my sparge water.

Built with pine and black iron pipe. Stained dark and covered in 3 coats of wax. I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Attachments

maffew222

Reaction score
Big thanks to all on this forum who posted their builds, I got a lot of good ideas, most of which was to keep it simple. I’m about 75% done with mine and after doing a test batch earlier this week, I think I’ll be ready for Big Brew this weekend. Made a little time lapse/montage video of construction.
99A3C9CD-DEC3-4E36-A683-BB0115C81002.jpeg

duckredbeard

Reaction score
Years of cobbling stuff together. Next to the CF chiller is the O2 stone and cast thermometer. Small green bottle on lower right of frame is a Flight Attendant Oxygen bottle from a DC-9 that my company doesn't fly anymore. Salvaged a few of those (full!).

Attachments

Bcarlton74

Bill's Basement Brewing
Reaction score
I did see yours while browsing, but it was a different one I am thinking. I will do some searching to make sure that I give credit where credit is due.

Bcarlton74

Bill's Basement Brewing
Reaction score
I believe that the one I was most closely basing it off off was from fxdrider

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn’t looking for credit. In fact, I was inspired to build mine because I saw one similar. I was thinking when I wrote my post that the design is pretty common. Everybody builds it to suit their own, but it’s still the same basic design. It works great. Mine is now over 10 years old. I have over 100 batches recorded, and I have no idea how many unrecorded batches. I’m sure yours will serve you for a long time too.