Show us your Bicycle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidTNJasonF

Reaction score
How many of you turn cranks other than the ones on your malt mill?

I raced mountain bikes a couple decades ago when I was in college. I really wish I had some pictures of the old days but I can find no digital ones. There are probably a few floating around in a photo album but I will be damned if I can find them.

I started to get back into riding last year after I injured my knee running. I decided that running was hard on the knees so I picked up a Trek 3500 mountain bike and started hitting the greenways in my area.

I sort of got bit by the bug again and riding longer distances so I thought I would try my hand at a road bike. I picked up a used Cannondale road bike and have been making the transition to being a roadie.

Show us some of your favorite rides.

Older but rock solid and pretty good for its day.
734813_10200246726352054_1415962186_n.jpg

550467_10200246726832066_1103492159_n.jpg

And I somehow do not have pictures of the dirty bike.

I love to hit the single track, there is a whole bunch of really nice trails in my area of Mass.

Nothing like being able to hop on the bike and in 5 minutes be cruising through the hills.

image-2402053273.jpg

ill get a pic later i got a S&M dirtbike bmx bike, and i am wanting to get the wife and i some Mt. bikes to stay fit and to pull the little man with

This is my kind of thread! I've been a bike junkie since I was a kid. I'm tempted to post pictures of all the bikes I've owned as an adult, but that might take up an entire page. I'll just share the two I ride now.

My Black Cat 29er, single speed, sometimes rigid, sometimes hardtail. This ride's like no other 29er I've been on. It handles like a 26" in the fast, tight twists of a single track and blows over rock gardens like a 29er. I've even loaded it up and done some bikepacking with it. It's amazing, I love it:
DSC_1156.jpg

My commuter, a Surly CrossCheck, now setup up with the child seat in back and panniers up front. I previously owned a Crosscheck that was too large. Didn't like it, tried out a few other bikes as commuters and finally went back to a properly sized CrossCheck. It's just so versatile. I've taken it off road, with my child on the back. We take the shortcut to the toy store sometimes, through the woods :)
IMG_2470.JPG

I gotta get a pic for my Vitis Motobeacane....Even has a brooks saddle. I cant believe I use to ride on a brooks saddle, but once broken into they are comfortable for a 20 year old @@s. Ahh the memories.

This sucker was fast in its day. If I remember correctly it came in at about 14 lbs. Top of the line shimano

Man, I got to get back on it, but its a long way for me to get back to the 170 lb mark when I use to ride that thing

I have an old school Trey Y22, bought back in 1997. Too old to show an image....

Oh how I lusted after a Y22 back in the day. I had a pretty trick Litespeed Ocoee back in 1996/1997. I was close to tears when it was stolen from my apartment during a break in. It was worth more than the car I was driving at the time.

My Black Cat 29er, single speed, sometimes rigid, sometimes hardtail. This ride's like no other 29er I've been on. It handles like a 26" in the fast, tight twists of a single track and blows over rock gardens like a 29er. I've even loaded it up and done some bikepacking with it. It's amazing, I love it:
DSC_1156.jpg

I like it. I really thought about going to a 29er when I started riding again but I just do not hit anything gnarly enough to justify it.

I like it. I really thought about going to a 29er when I started riding again but I just do not hit anything gnarly enough to justify it.

A buddy just gave me his Fisher 29er. I am not sure what frame it is even yet. Just got it into the garage. I need to switch the seat and peddles and hit the trail. Looking at the tires I might need to get some new ones of those since he liked low rolling resistance I like massive grip.

Still riding my 1987 Klein, though my racing days are long gone. Studded Nokians in winter, and street tires in summer.

bikeAntlerWeb.jpg

I should price out two sets of wheels for my motobeacane. My racing days are also long gone. Might even get a new seat. All these pics of bikes are making my legs stand up and take notice.

MidTNJasonF said:

If you like what you ride, stick with that. Bike prices have gotten pretty ridiculous. That being said, a 29er smooths out the ride nicely, without having to get a full suspension bike. The one draw back, in my opinion, is that many have a long wheelbase, making them feel sluggish in the turns.

1992 Mountain Cycle San Andreas

1999 Dekerf Team ST

1999 Schwinn Homegrown 4 Banger

2009 Yeti AS-R

2009 Weightweenie

Plus an old Mongoose and Jamis. Then Kona/GT/Fisher/Balfa in bits and pieces.

MC5.jpg

TeamST.jpg

banger.jpg

APR 016.jpg

May 008.jpg

Nice rides...
I don't have any pictures on this computer,
but my main ride is a Lemond Toumelet. Nice bit, pretty light, Shimano 105 gruppo... very happy with it. #2 Road is an old Cannondale Sport-tour. This is the only road bike I;ve ever seen with grip shifts, these at the end of the bars. My oldest beater bike is an ancient Fuji. Roughly from 1980 or so, 12 speed, steel frame... that thing just fits me right.
My mountain bike is a Specialized HardRock. Full solid. I need to get me a new mountain bike one of these years.

Back