Seeking Delicious Stout Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WooHokie

Reaction score
I've reviewed several of the stout recipes here on the HBT database, but all of the good ones are AG and I'm not quite at that point yet.

Could someone point me in the direction of a delicious stout that I can brew as an extract?

Just about any AG can be modified to give you a similar extract beer. Most grains that you would use for a stout that I can think of off the top of my head would be fine to use as steeping grains (with the exception of Munich or rye I guess. Probably some others too that someone will point out). Then all you have to do is make up the gravity points with extract. Like I said, it will be similar, but not exactly the same. It will still be good beer though.

Having said that the following recipe was originally extract and is quite popular. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but it is on the list. So, you can't get a review from me, but there are 63 pages of glowing ones! https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/deception-cream-stout-141483/

Back