Second AG Brewing = Fun and Easy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeratier

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Well I got back on the all-grain horse today and brewed a Robust Porter.

I made plenty of adjustments and corrections from my last brewing and everything has been much, much, much easier and fun as well! :ban:

I'm getting towards the end of my boil right now. So instead of taking 10 hours like last time, I will have everything done in about 5 hours.

Its amazing how much you can learn from brewing just one time. What you learn in one brewing is more valuable than all the books you can read on brewing.

Next time I brew I'll be doing a 10 gallon batch. 5 gallons just doesnt seem to do it anymore. And I'm sure I'll feel a lot better making 10 gallons in about the same amount of time it takes to make 5 gallons. :D

Congrats.

From 10 hous down to 5 in one brew is impressive!

Are you sure you didn't forget anything like mashing, sparging or boiling? :)

Or haven't you cleaned up and put everything away.

-a.

Takes me about 8 hours for an AG, and that might or might not count 100% of the cleanup. Five hours is pretty darn good. Congratulations on getting your process down to that degree of efficiency.

ajf said:
Congrats.

Are you sure you didn't forget anything like mashing, sparging or boiling? :)

Or haven't you cleaned up and put everything away.

-a.

I did keep double checking to make sure I wasnt missing any steps.

5 hours without the cleanup, which took an extra 30 min. So yeah, I'm very happy with how it all worked out.

The School of Hard Knocks is definitely the most effective institution for me, as well...I sometimes wish there were easier alternatives!

Yep, I can get a batch pushed through in 4-4.5 hrs depending on how things go (single infusion, that is).

I take longer than that as I relax when I brew. I usually crush my grain and pre weigh my hops the night before brew day, dechlorimine my water and have everything in sanitizer that needs to.

Next morning heat strike water and go. Usually takes me 6 hours total from
heating strike water to final cleanup.

Back