Sanitizer in Beer? How Much is too much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudndeth

Reaction score
Alright, I might have made a mistake, but I'm not 100% sure. I put some Star-San in my keg and swished it around before kegging as I usually do. Well, I can remember if I dumped it out before I racked into the keg. How much do you think is too much to have in the beer? It tastes good, but that's not saying much.

What do you think?

How much, a gallon. A quart?

AFAIK diluted star San further diluted with beer is not toxic? Hopefully someone can verify this and then you can hopefully let taste be your guide.

I forgot to pull my blow off tube while chilling a keg and sucked 2-3 quarts into a 5 gallon batch. Tasted fine and I'm still kicking.

Did you have anything left in the carboy when the keg was filled? If so I would say some was in there, if not good to go :)

No, it all fit into the keg. I drank a few glasses last night. It tastes good and I'm still here. Haha

No, it all fit into the keg. I drank a few glasses last night. It tastes good and I'm still here. Haha

Only thing i noticed on my "opps starsan" batch was that it oxidized quickly and the hops faded a good bit after the first 2 weeks on tap...
Awesome beer when tapped got pretty MEHhh towards 1 month were i just took it off the line and dumped the ~1 gal left in there.

Latest posts

Back