Rolled barley-feed grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEANone

Reaction score
There's a feed store here in Vegas that sell rolled barley feed @ $12.95 for 50lbs. Could I use this stuff? I was thinkIng I could even roast some of it for flavor, any ideas?

I think dark roasted barley is unmalted, but it would take you a lifetime to use 50 lbs. And if it's rolled, I don't know if it would work to roast it. Sorry to be the bluebird of negativity but I'm not sure what you would do with it. Others might have ideas . . .

For 13$ I would jump on the opportunity as long as the stuff is fit for human consumption.

Roast some, keep the rest, get crazy with dry stouts. This almost certainly 6 row barley as well.

I guess it would work great for an adjunct. I think the british use unmalted barley all the time. I wonder how fresh it is, though?

For 13$ I would jump on the opportunity as long as the stuff is fit for human consumption.

Roast some, keep the rest, get crazy with dry stouts. This almost certainly 6 row barley as well.

i definitely will experiment with, no major losses from $13!

Back