re-pitching yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hop man

Reaction score
My plan is to bottle tomorrow morning and then use the yeast cake to pitch into the beer I'll be brewing tomorrow. Should I use the whole yeast cake or would that be to much? Is there anything more I should be doing?

It's probably too much yeast, but it's not going to ruin your beer. If you want to be precise about it, you can go to mrmalty.com and look up exactly how much yeast slurry to use... or you can be lazy and just use it all.

I would make sure you have a blow-off tube on your fermenter, you will likely need it unless you have a load of headspace. It will take off quick and actively.

I would make sure you have a blow-off tube on your fermenter, you will likely need it unless you have a load of headspace. It will take off quick and actively.

+1
I've poured onto one yeast cake, and in 12 hours I had beer shooting out my airlock, and that's with 2 gallons of headspace in my ale pail!

two words: Vigorous Fermentation.

Latest posts

Back