Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's late i've been drinking...and noticing i've posted in a lot of drunken rambling threads....

now i'm thinking they should have a paid version....

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

i spend a lot of time cussing the world out....but then i think you guy's aren't that bad also! :mug:

and unlike "sweet dreams" i'm glad you make your own beer, and i do too, so we're both equals! (but from what i hear/read, yours tastes better ;))

Basketball hoops on a side street but in the street, nonetheless, is not a big deal. Drive around the block to go home if possible so as to avoid stopping the game. Don't call the city to complain.

not really random, but i need to practice chugging beer....i have to get up by 4am, and i'm still to sober to drunkenly pass out at 8:30......

Unless you have some high-octane homebrew on hand (fwiw, my nitecap is ~5 ounces of 11% chocolate stout - works every time) you should switch to booze. Otherwise you're just gonna be getting up a couple times to pee which defeats the whole intention :D

Cheers! (and good luck with all that ;))

Unless you have some high-octane homebrew on hand (fwiw, my nitecap is ~5 ounces of 11% chocolate stout - works every time) you should switch to booze. Otherwise you're just gonna be getting up a couple times to pee which defeats the whole intention :D

Cheers! (and good luck with all that ;))

my beer is 9%...getting up to pee doesn't bother me, i already do that for a cigarette.....

I hate the pathetic rubber seal on economy toilet fill valves. I hate that I’m always somehow tricked into replacing the supply line first... as if I never learn my lesson.

My daughter noticed that my eyebrows are conspiring to form a union. Not my fault.. COVID and distancing and stuff, yknow. She gave me this eyebrow shaving thingy. It works REALLY WELL! You just scrape around where you want your eyebrows to end.
DFD9A467-862E-4BAA-B20D-E3AA8AA247C1.jpeg

Last edited:
My daughter noticed that my eyebrows are conspiring to form a union. Not my fault.. COVID and quarantine and stuff, yknow. She gave me this eyebrow shaving thingy. It works REALLY WELL! You just scrape around where you want your eyebrows to end.
View attachment 702524

You really should demonstrate how it's used for those of us who never seen this thing before. 😂

I'm not planning on shaving my eyebrows, just curious.

My daughter noticed that my eyebrows are conspiring to form a union. Not my fault.. COVID and distancing and stuff, yknow. She gave me this eyebrow shaving thingy. It works REALLY WELL! You just scrape around where you want your eyebrows to end.
Your avatar's got a unibrow.
293162.jpg
Looks fine to me.

When it is no fun any more,...at all... or seldom if ever anyway, what is the effing point?

Oh yeah, got to keep doing your duty, even if no one else around is carrying much load.

Heck, I even answered my own existential question. No one else to talk to, even though not alone in dwelling.

Good evening. Have a better one....

When it is no fun any more,...at all... or seldom if ever anyway, what is the effing point?

Oh yeah, got to keep doing your duty, even if no one else around is carrying much load.

Heck, I even answered my own existential question. No one else to talk to, even though not alone in dwelling.

Good evening. Have a better one....
I don’t know you from Adam, friend, and we’re all different, but there are a lot of people who rely on me for a lot of things, and I know sometimes it can feel like you’re a pack mule. Make sure you make time for the things you love. For me, it’s the knowledge that I have a WHOLE bunch of different kinds of beer and cannabis yet to try! So many disc golf courses and pizza places I’ve never thrown down at yet. Music festivals, the potential sequel to Game of Thrones. So many places yet to see and interesting people to meet. Sounds like you might need some toes in the sand with a drink in your hand while the sun sets over the ocean or something like that! Regardless, hope your evening gets better, and hope tomorrow is too. :)

I've got a random drunk thought for ya'll this evening...have you ever had a buddy or friend say something out loud and after you process what they said, think to yourself, "man, i need to stop being friends with that guy." And then years later you've had a fee beers and you wonder, whatever happened to that guy?

So you do the reasonable thing and look him up on the internet and see that all things considered dude turned out ok, has a job and a pregnant wife and think to yourself he must have never said that stupid thing out loud ever again?

Or maybe he did and other people didnt have the same thought as you?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

ever get the feeling the world suddenly turned against you? wonder what happened and why it's like your supposed to be mad about it, but end up just scraching your head wondering to yourself "huh, what the hell happened?"

it happens to me, i find it quizical

I was just driving my daughter to the skate shop in STL, when all not a sudden I caught a massive whiff of mash. I said, “You smell that? Somebody’s making beer!” No sooner did I say that than the big signs appeared for Anheuser-Busch. I’m like.. “Oh”. LOL. It was the first time I’ve driven down 55 since I became a brewer, and my nose found the brewery before I realized I was passing it. 🤣

The really fun thing about being in my almost-mid-fifties is the knowledge that I have a whole bunch of tools that I've collected over the years....and have no clue where they are. I have a tube of graphite around here somewhere that I KNOW I have seen in the last week but have absolutely no idea where that was. But I DID find the keg lube....under the kegerator. I think that's karma. Maybe that's where the graphite is too...

funny you should say that, i just put a hose clamp on my picnic tap for fear of similar on my kitchen floor, couldn't quite get the 3/16" onto it good, and was worried it looked like it was slipping off!

random thoughts in parallel makes you think.....

Oh yeah, that's an infamous datapoint in Boston's history, still is referred to annually here.
I can't even imagine what was going through folks' minds in the immediate vicinity (other than hot molasses)...

Cheers! :eek:

Back