Quantcast

Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jayjay1976

Bubblegazer
Reaction score
I also enjoy my leather loafers without socks, but only on weekends or vacation. I thought that was just my weirdness, glad to know I'm not alone. Also, I'm only 6'4" but my feet hafta stick out, and I can't sleep without a fan. In fact, my beloved sleep fan, a Lasko 18" cyclone, finally gave up the ghost yesterday after 7 years of nightly service, so I went out and bought the same model again today only this time in black. A single night without it was nearly unbearable, a white noise generator app on my phone was a very sad substitute so I barely slept at all. I had forgotten how powerful and loud it was on low speed when it was new, I'm going to sleep like a log tonight!

day_trippr

"Now brewing exclusively with Hydrohydroxic Acid"
Reaction score
I generally brew bare foot, but with the advantage of being indoors.
And having accumulated a few learning near-miss experiences am pretty comfortable about it.
The one thing that bugs me is getting sticky. But I have the brew sink and a mountain of retired kitchen towels to throw at that...

Cheers!

Jayjay1976

Bubblegazer
Reaction score
wait a second, why am i feeling weird for cliping my toe nails on kegs. and other people are saying they DON't feel weird?

now i feel short and weird, i'm only 6'2"....
Truth be told, I'm only 6'4" with a brisk tailwind and helium in my hat. 20 years spent leaning over a drawing board has me at 6'2" full hunch and wondering why I bothered finding a profession in the first place. If I had it to do over I'd have made a career in the armed forces. Almost enlisted as a technical illustrator way back when, but the guys I would have replaced decided to re-enlist which might have left me working as a garbage man. No thanks.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
the most dreaded day in my year: the day it gets too cold & I have to put on socks

had a pretty cold snap last week, the day we got back from Jamaica, & almost wore them, but I am NOT putting on socks the day after we get back from the Caribbean.

today is probably the day. dreading it.

Dland

Reaction score
Sadly sober thoughts: (probably should not be a new thread)

Here we go with another dreary Monday morning, cold drizzle, cold work boots, at least I have flannel lined jeans. Crew in soon, better warm up the diesels.

day_trippr

Reaction score
A sad day. Tom Toles has written his last. Feeling a bit crushed.
And that's on top of Sean Connery's passing. As an actor he was one of the greats imo...

Ugh...

doogster

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was just driving my daughter to the skate shop in STL, when all not a sudden I caught a massive whiff of mash. I said, “You smell that? Somebody’s making beer!” No sooner did I say that than the big signs appeared for Anheuser-Busch. I’m like.. “Oh”. LOL. It was the first time I’ve driven down 55 since I became a brewer, and my nose found the brewery before I realized I was passing it. 🤣
I grew up in South St. Louis County.... I have LOVED the smell on that drive into downtown... one of my earliest memories. The smell of beer (in the works) affected me at such an early age. Now that I think about it... I guess that explains a LOT !

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
And that's on top of Sean Connery's passing.

my god, this how i find out? :( i came here to find something funny to say! now all i can think of are women's names in james bond movies!)

edit: which one was it, "named after your father perhaps?".....was that moore(SP?, lol) or connery(the great!)?

Snuffy

Airlock Sniffer
Reaction score
my god, this how i find out? :( i came here to find something funny to say! now all i can think of are women's names in james bond movies!)

edit: which one was it, "named after your father perhaps?".....was that moore(SP?, lol) or connery(the great!)?
Connery. Her name was Plenty O’Toole.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
reminds me of when I first was transferred to Charleston, SC.

my friend from HS was stationed there & I phoned him to give him a heads up I was coming, get directions & find out more about the city

"when you're coming in Interstate 26, you'll SMELL Charleston before you see it"

he was right... OMG! the paper mill SMELL.

I grew up in South St. Louis County.... I have LOVED the smell on that drive into downtown... one of my earliest memories. The smell of beer (in the works) affected me at such an early age. Now that I think about it... I guess that explains a LOT !

day_trippr

Reaction score
As the old timers in northern new england would say when winter time weather inversions would trap the noxious pulp mill emissions at ground level:
"That's the smell of money"...

Dland

Reaction score
What if we could act as cool as we would like others to think we are?

Nick&Worty

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes the plastic liner piece gets stuck inside my kitchen trash can, because I have teenage heathens who prefer trash compression to taking trash out, so I have to pry the liner out of the can with a screwdriver.

Today I wasn’t having it, so I put the whole damn thing in a lawn bag and threw it in the bin outside, trash can and all.

The random thought occurred to me that I couldn’t get a trash bag out of a trash can, so I put it in a bigger trash bag, and put that in a bigger trash can. Problem solving via nesting. 😆

Last edited:

Nick&Worty

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a thought:
Since COVID has taken Thanksgiving from us and we all have to hide at home, I say I’m not bound by the rule that says you shouldn’t put up your Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. **** 2020 I’m gonna light up early! 😁

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a thought:
Since COVID has taken Thanksgiving from us and we all have to hide at home, I say I’m not bound by the rule that says you shouldn’t put up your Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. **** 2020 I’m gonna light up early! 😁
Go for it. We all need to do whatever helps us cope.

Brew on :mug:

day_trippr

Reaction score
Leaning on the deck rail, watching the wildlife menagerie that surrounds up (two deer pounding through the length of the property and out of sight, trailed a half minute later by a trotting coyote. Just another day here)...this came to me:

Squirrels are the original maltsters...

Cheers!

Jayjay1976

Bubblegazer
Reaction score
I just had a thought:
We can't even set up our beloved 12' Christmas tree this year. We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief. We have too many sentimental ornaments to risk it so this year we'll go treeless :(

On the bright side, we are now the proud, if unwitting, owners of a genuine apex predator....well, at least as far as belly rubs and lunchmeat go anyway. #catdaddy

doug293cz

BIABer, Beer Math Nerd, ePanel Designer, Pilot
Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We can't even set up our beloved 12' Christmas tree this year. We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief. We have too many sentimental ornaments to risk it so this year we'll go treeless :(

On the bright side, we are now the proud, if unwitting, owners of a genuine apex predator....well, at least as far as belly rubs and lunchmeat go anyway. #catdaddy
Maybe just get a bunch of cheap, unbreakable ornaments, and save the heirlooms for when the kitty calms down.

Brew on :mug:

day_trippr

Reaction score
[...]We adopted a cute and tiny kitten on July 4th and already he's a rather large 16 pounds of muscle & mischief.[...]
Hahaha! bt/dt - and the cat ("Big Kitty" - which is no lie, he was effin' huge) eventually struck out on his own...successfully from all reports...

Cheers! (and good luck with that ;))

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well after the last few posts not sure if this off topic...

but anyway was just thinking how good those two potatoes i got off the job site were. grown in compost that was made from all the mesquite trimmings and sewer water.....wish i snagged a few more, never would of thought human waste, and mesquite would grow such a good potato!

i half feel binded to the locals now! lol :mug: (kinda weird connection i know!)