Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know what?
I think I'm gonna pass on attending this year.

1710867138712.png

Not like I have ever attended, that is.

PSA - Do NOT youtube and brew if you have mild ADD like I do. I FORGOT THE BITTERING HOPS. Let's just make that big for everyone to see:

I FORGOT THE BITTERING HOPS.

Been watching youtube about gaming and just spaced over it. Oh, and did I mention?

I FORGOT THE BITTERING HOPS!!!!!

In a lager!!! I am an idiot!!!!!!

As you age, your system changes a little.
So does it mean when you get your bloodwork and your "A1C" is "borderline", that you have to watch carbs? And by carbs, of course I mean sugar in coffee, sodas, bread, pasta, potatoes.

Not beer.

Surely you don't mean beer.

I thought there was only one season? Then a movie of sorts.
Fireflies are very short-lived creatures, like certain food groups in my house... beer and pretzels, cheese, nachos... and YES, they are all their own food groups. Very important to us in the good ole US of Texas...

If anyone is feeling a particularly strong disturbance in the Force, it is because of leftovers. I am currently mixing two distinctly different genres. I am finishing off Costco fried dumplings, and Costco tequila in margaritas.

Apologies.

on April 7, 1933, the sale of 3.2% ABW (4.1% by volume) beer was made legal again in the United States, ending 12 years of Prohibition. full repeal of the Volstead Act would not come for another 8 months

April 7 is celebrated as US National Beer Day

HAPPY BEER DAY!

1712485484719.png

How apropos as I'm brewing today. Quick question: is it wrong of me to keep adjusting the mash temperature in my brewvision app, to match what's actually the temperature of the mash, just to shut up the alarm? Instead of physically getting up from comfy chair (and HBT) and adjusting the burner? Yeah, that's what I thought. Kinda like a smoke alarm.

I planned to travel to AR (about 6 hours) to see totality but got spooked by weather forecasts. Stayed home and saw onset until max (86%) in my driveway before the clouds blocked the rest. Turns out where I was going had pretty good views.🤷Not really sad that I didn't drive those 12 hours especially since I saw the total in 2017.

Only had to go an hour north to get to a spot (and 2.5 hrs back-wish I had been driving). Very high cirrus clouds that didn't obscure the view at all.
Trying to get pics to this phone to share, but even my autistic boy was able to watch in silence for a minute or two as sun dipped into totality.
Was pretty cool.

It begins.

Yard mowed first time this season. (Western Mass)

<sigh>

Time for a beer!

(Yeah, I didn’t really need the yard mowing prompt for that)

[edit: also, what the fashizzle with the entire lawn being inundated w bittercress this year??!!]
1713206496502.jpeg

It begins.

Yard mowed first time this season. (Western Mass)

<sigh>

Time for a beer!

(Yeah, I didn’t really need the yard mowing prompt for that)

[edit: also, what the fashizzle with the entire lawn being inundated w bittercress this year??!!]
View attachment 846558

Not to worry too much about that particular plant my friend, it pretty much goes away by late spring.

Of course I think people worry too much about lawn weeds in general, and should be happy it is green. I typically blame the syndrome on too many scotts commercials aired during sports games, but for many (mostly men) the affliction is probably generational.

And this from a "lawn care professional" , though I prefer benign neglect for my own lawn, and encourage it in others, at least when it comes to "weed" control.

Back