Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20231103_081333_Opera.jpg

Fun fact: many years ago the husband worked as a cook in a bar we still go to once in a while. His speciality de casa was alfredo sauce from scratch. In 20 years together he's made it for me TWICE. Delicious, by the way. Meanwhile, me being the female person in the relationship has cooked 99.9999999% of the meals we've eaten that weren't something frozen that required microwaving. We have a fancy-schmancy gas stove that he still says he doesn't know how to operate (guy code for I don't want to). TL;DR, but once in a while I enjoy myself a fried egg sandwich; just butter and toast, with a hint of salt. I have demonstrated multiple times to him how to make them for himself (because, as soon as I make one for myself HE wants one) but he manages to screw it up every time. ALSO guy code for 'I don't want to please do it for me'.

a subreddit question of the day: If you got into an accident, what TV-hospital would you definitely not want to be taken to?

my answer: St Eligius ("St Elsewhere") Boston, MA

because then I'd be stuck in a firkin snowglobe

Fun clouds 11/11/23
View attachment 833841

And, oh yeah, @Hoppy2bmerry , walnutses.
Pretty cool cloud, but is that the left paw of the apocalypse? Or the photo may be in "mirror" transposition, and I'm dyslexic, so it could easily be the right paw.

Threee.. bats in daddy's belfry, wonderful, there is more.

Somewhat based in fact; I have had brown bats nesting and raising pups behind my chimney for five seasons. Chimney is near the head of my bed, I can here them coming and going though the sheetrock...AH HA HA !
Fun fact: many years ago the husband worked as a cook in a bar we still go to once in a while. His speciality de casa was alfredo sauce from scratch. In 20 years together he's made it for me TWICE. Delicious, by the way. Meanwhile, me being the female person in the relationship has cooked 99.9999999% of the meals we've eaten that weren't something frozen that required microwaving. We have a fancy-schmancy gas stove that he still says he doesn't know how to operate (guy code for I don't want to). TL;DR, but once in a while I enjoy myself a fried egg sandwich; just butter and toast, with a hint of salt. I have demonstrated multiple times to him how to make them for himself (because, as soon as I make one for myself HE wants one) but he manages to screw it up every time. ALSO guy code for 'I don't want to please do it for me'.
That sucks, I did my time in restaurants, work wise, , never go there again , hopefully, but still do a lot of the cooking, especially if I want to be sure food is there when I'm hungry.
the BigHair's response: "Doesn't National Lorena Bobbit Day traditionally follow?"

me: no, pretty sure the next day is National Chicken Lady Day

View attachment 833134
weeelll, these days it seems it is important to give equal time;

After a few beers and trouble sleeping last night, I started thinking about the lyrics to the entire song, I have to say there’s some obvious internal disagreement as to what the Hokey Pokey is all about. I mean, which hand, foot, or other body part is the real deal here???

After a few beers and trouble sleeping last night, I started thinking about the lyrics to the entire song, I have to say there’s some obvious internal disagreement as to what the Hokey Pokey is all about. I mean, which hand, foot, or other body part is the real deal here???
"Its a pelvic thrust that will really drive you insa-a-ane."

58 years ago (Nov. 29, 1965) the Berkshire Eagle printed a little article about two young men being fined 25 bucks for dumping trash. Little did they know at the time that the incident, which ran on page 25, would become the basis for Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant. Here's the original story from 1965:

1700591342734.png

I always walk to the loo. Sometimes I walk slowly, but with purpose. Then there's also the rare occasion I walk very slow and carefully, like I'm holding a beaker of nitroglycerin. But no, I never skip to the loo.

took this photo a while back, just shared it with my sister, a resident of NJ.

she knows, of course, that cannoli is the plural of cannolo, so the "s" at the end is incorrect. then to add the possessive apostrophe also being incorrect.

but then we learned there are more than a few people out there with the last name Cannoli, so maybe the bakery belongs to one of them.

which started a brainstorming session on creating a Netflix drama based on the fictional Cannoli crime family, tentatively titled "Take the Cannoli's" & the bakery is their legit business front

1701184342128.png

took this photo a while back, just shared it with my sister, a resident of NJ.

she knows, of course, that cannoli is the plural of cannolo, so the "s" at the end is incorrect. then to add the possessive apostrophe also being incorrect.

but then we learned there are more than a few people out there with the last name Cannoli, so maybe the bakery belongs to one of them.

which started a brainstorming session on creating a Netflix drama based on the fictional Cannoli crime family, tentatively titled "Take the Cannoli's" & the bakery is their legit business front

View attachment 835026
Are you going to explain to the masses why the shells are empty? 🤣

ain't it great?
we have basically the entirety of human knowledge at our fingertips in a miniature electronic device & we use it to post pictures of our food & get in arguments with strangers
And find bizarre directions from point A to point B without questioning alleyway usage or "roads" that seem more suited for fire wardens and power line workers.

I use GPS for even the shortest & most common of trips. it keeps the BigHair from asking "why are you going this way?"

well... it doesn't exactly keep her from asking, it does keep me from having to answer.

Dream On and Freebird are 50 as of 2023.

It’s officicial. I am older than dirt.
Yes. Yes you are. I however am slightly younger than dirt, but still was taken aback (a wonderful phrase BTW) a few times this year; Mt St Helens eruption (that I distinctly remember, mainly because my dad had a fit when I tried to rub ash off his car with my finger, I was 12 going on 13) was 43 years ago. John Lennon was killed that same year. And again yesterday when I did the math and realized Pearl Harbor (slight pause while I get the calculator out) was 82 years ago. My dad was seven, his oldest brother was in the Navy but didn't see action until the war was almost over. My dad was the only one of four brothers who didn't see action; oldest WW2, next Korea, and his younger brother (Dad was out and 4F by then) Vietnam. I swear I was only 17 yesterday. They don't lie when they say time does fly faster the older you get.

*Fun Fact: Freebird was the first song I ever slow danced to with an actual boy, whose older brother was the lead singer of the band at that particular dance. Said boy was drunk off his a** I later learned, and his girlfriend (whom I didn't know about) told his sister, in my grade, that she wanted to beat the crap out of me. Freshman year was fun.

Ok so I've been slightly absent for a bit; I'll get over the new hobby of doing my nails eventually and go back to nothing but brewing. But this is COOL. Color change polish! And if I have some mead it does some amazing things!! Alcohol makes the blood warmer, changes the color, etc. And it's Seahawks colors! IMG_20231208_210633[1].jpgCheck it out!!!

Back