Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695563169692.png

My mother was in the hospital last week with covid complications. She has an iphone, ipad, apple watch, all those gizmos. When I got there she had two of her chargers plugged into the 'emergency' outlets. That don't work unless you flip a switch that pisses off the nurse. And she could not figure out why her stuff wasn't charging.

I cannot find the Obnoxious Baseball Trash Talking thread. Is there one?? But DAMN...JP Crawford just said 'f***ng' on LIVE TV. And my Mariners won!!! THEY F***ING WON!!!

As the father of sons I am challenged with the task of gifting said spawn on the days of their emergence, and confess that lately I've been pulling the Amazon Gift Card virtual rip cord to get by. My boys were all born in October - January clearly was High Times for procreative activities at Casa day_trippr :rock:- so the pressure is on.

They are all Star Wars fans, and enjoy Asian food, and I ran across this tonight. Might have to do it - who wouldn't desire Light Sabre chop sticks??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y26VYP8
1696391821325.png

Cheers! :p

Man...I had a total of three slices of bacon in all of 2023 to date and those were actually last week in a blt with homegrown toms.

So...to keep the average up, someone out there is gonna eat 36 pounds - 3 slices, and is gonna die :oops:

Man...I had a total of three slices of bacon in all of 2023 to date and those were actually last week in a blt with homegrown toms.

So...to keep the average up, someone out there is gonna eat 36 pounds - 3 slices, and is gonna die :oops:
We're all gonna die anyway. Better to enjoy our time rather than not.

Brew on :mug:

<seen elsewhere>

If I had a nickel for every time I got confused, I'd be like "where'd this nickel come from?" and then there'd be another nickel and I'd think "what's with the nickels?" leading to more nickels and confusion and eventually I'd be slowly crushed by nickels

without ever knowing why

Unexpected bonus of homebrewing: just dumped my spent grain, shook and rinsed the bag, then set up the hoses for the plate chiller. My watch then informed me I had been 'working out' for ten minutes and gave me its version of an attagirl. So I'm exercising, yay! Let's keep it going with these bicep curls....(a can of beer weighs close to a pound. I checked.)

Hah! I'm ancient, have lived in MA since returning home in 1973, and have been tapped five times so far. Only got to trial once - and that one made it halfway through the first witness for the State before the defense caved and pled.

Being retired I wouldn't mind that much except the court is 35 miles away over some of the most congested highways in the state during the morning rush hour I would have to travel to appear in the court by 8 AM. That part sucks...

Back