Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use GPS for even the shortest & most common of trips. it keeps the BigHair from asking "why are you going this way?"

well... it doesn't exactly keep her from asking, it does keep me from having to answer.
I'm in the process of cleaning out the boxes/tubs/random crap in the garage. I've found at least 5 mapquest printouts from places I needed to go. Remember when mapquest was the shiznit? And if the directions were quite long, figuring out where in the drive to flip to the next page? Printed from netscape of course.

It absolutely fractures me how much technology has progressed in just the time I've considered myself to be an adult. Dick Tracy's two-way TV watch was considered way out of possibility back in the 70s when I read the comic strip in the old Seattle Times; now I have to tell my smartwatch to STFU at least once a day when it tells me I need to get up and move. And that same smartwatch has about kajillion more computing power than any home PC we had in the 90s. Damn.

I'm in the process of cleaning out the boxes/tubs/random crap in the garage. I've found at least 5 mapquest printouts from places I needed to go. Remember when mapquest was the shiznit? And if the directions were quite long, figuring out where in the drive to flip to the next page? Printed from netscape of course.

It absolutely fractures me how much technology has progressed in just the time I've considered myself to be an adult. Dick Tracy's two-way TV watch was considered way out of possibility back in the 70s when I read the comic strip in the old Seattle Times; now I have to tell my smartwatch to STFU at least once a day when it tells me I need to get up and move. And that same smartwatch has about kajillion more computing power than any home PC we had in the 90s. Damn.
Family visited for Thanksgiving. I made the mistake of saying "oh, we can just Mapquest it..." and my sister immediately chimed in with "are you seriously suggesting you're going to Mapquest it, or just Google/Apple map it?", I said I'd have to Ask Jeeves.

Clippy.jpg.jpg

LOL, @seatazzz (you were missed) Im not older than dirt. But I might have invented mud. Definately used Map Quest. And need to get my wife and daughter that nail polish.

mapquest printouts got us lost THREE TIMES in NJ/NY in October of '10

1st was to our hotel in Newark, near the airport. directions omitted ONE left turn & we ended visiting Newark Airport a couple times.

2nd was to the rehearsal dinner on the Shore. tried to take us the wrong way down a one-way & we couldn't find **** after that.

3rd was hotel to Liberty Park & we somehow ended up in Secaucus

There is a difference between real chicken fingers and most chicken "tenders"

One is made of strips of real meat, the other is some flavored & extruded ground chicken by products.

FB_IMG_1702994918987.jpg

on this date in 1843, Charles Dickens self-published A Christmas Carol. In Prose. Being a Ghost Story of Christmas

overnight, charitable contributions soared

by Christmas Eve, all 6000 copies of the first edition were sold out. by the end of the next year, 12 additional editions had been sold out. The novella has never been out of publication

it has become one of the best-selling books of all time, forever changing the way we celebrate Christmas, reminding us of the joy to be found in friendship, kindness and generosity.

wrap empty boxes & start tossing them into a fire if the kids misbehave
I would do this, but the 9 year old would call BS and wait to see what was melting inside of it.

1 of the 7 year olds would cry for a bit and be mad for a day, 1 would throw the most melodramatic tantrum you can imagine scarring himself emotionally for life, and the the 3rd of them would cry for 20 min and then ask for a waffle...

I'm with #3. I totally relate.

I would do this, but the 9 year old would call BS and wait to see what was melting inside of it.

1 of the 7 year olds would cry for a bit and be mad for a day, 1 would throw the most melodramatic tantrum you can imagine scarring himself emotionally for life, and the the 3rd of them would cry for 20 min and then ask for a waffle...

Your Roomba can develop a fetish.

Today my Roomba found two aged seedless grapes trying to escape the kitchen by hiding out unseen near the refrigerator.

Rosie the Roomba (yes, from The Jetsons) took it upon herself to smear the grapes all over her nether regions, and then smear grape gut remnants across the entire kitchen floor, in a pseudo-symmetrically non-random-ish pattern, like some gooey mechanized crackhead slug.

Time to clean the floor.

(and Mechanized Crackhead Slug would be a so-so name for a rock band)

Back