Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Airline? You gotta fly in or something? :confused:

I gotta fly out. You're new around here aren't you? It's another joke. See I take all the money and fly somewhere exotic and outside the jurisdiction of PayPal. I'll be waiting outside.....again.

I gotta fly out. You're new around here aren't you? It's another joke. See I take all the money and fly somewhere exotic and outside the jurisdiction of PayPal. I'll be waiting outside.....again.

ha ha ha ha ha

Wow - twice in the same thread.

Hannable1975 said:
ha ha ha ha ha

Wow - twice in the same thread.

Yeah, my jokes are like those ideas you get when druck, they seemed good at the time.

reel/skee/moby:

there are a couple of choices for cara pilsner.

any preferences?

Franco is called Caramel Pilsen and is $0.68/lb

Best is called Caramel Malt Pils and is $0.67/lb

reel/skee/moby:

there are a couple of choices for cara pilsner.

any preferences?

Franco is called Caramel Pilsen and is $0.68/lb

Best is called Caramel Malt Pils and is $0.67/lb

You've got to wonder what that 55 cents per sack is for.

TF-CARM looks promising too.

Fawcett CaraMalt (20-27°L)
Will impart a light flavor and slight red hue. Great for dark lagers and ales. Will contribute dextrins and add to foam stability.

I'm good with any of them.

TF-CARM looks promising too.

Fawcett CaraMalt (20-27°L)
Will impart a light flavor and slight red hue. Great for dark lagers and ales. Will contribute dextrins and add to foam stability.

I'm good with any of them.

That's awfully dark for my liking. I use carapils just for head retention, and the stuff is usually just a couple °L in color.

I got the details from joeybeer and have updated the spreadsheet.

EVERYONE SHOULD REVIEW IT FOR ACCURACY

Barring any errors, this is the final spreadsheet.

I will give everyone some time to review it, and then we start the payment phase.

The payment info will include specific instructions about how to do the PayPal transaction so that ReelAle avoids fees, and how YOU can avoid fees, too.

I got the details from joeybeer and have updated the spreadsheet.

EVERYONE SHOULD REVIEW IT FOR ACCURACY

Barring any errors, this is the final spreadsheet.

I will give everyone some time to review it, and then we start the payment phase.

The payment info will include specific instructions about how to do the PayPal transaction so that ReelAle avoids fees, and how YOU can avoid fees, too.

Good job Walker.

Is anyone else having trouble with the spreadsheet or does my computer just hate me again?

:off: Moby, when did you change your name? I like it.

Works on my hateful, locked down work machine so it should work anywhere.

:off: Moby, when did you change your name? I like it.

I think it's always been my UID on HBT....I just carried it over to GRABASS since there were so many GRABASSholes with the name Ryan....

Sometime I'll actually explain where it comes from! ;)

Moby

Reelale: do you want us to use the same paypal email as before?

No one has reported any errors on the spreadsheet yet, so I am thinking it's time to type up the payment instructions and send them out. (Don't worry... I'll send the email address via PM so that it's not plastered here for the world to see.)

Damn Walker....just looked at the spreadsheet....that's a lot of work.

Thank you very much for organizing this so well! :mug:

Moby

Damn Walker....just looked at the spreadsheet....that's a lot of work.

Thank you very much for organizing this so well! :mug:

Moby

No big deal. I had to learn some Stupid Excel Tricks for something at work, and this bulk buy spreadsheet was my learning project. It worked out really well. The actual Excel version is nifty. It uses pull-down menus to select the person and the item and all of the calculations then use handy searching functions to tally everything up.

It literally takes me a few seconds to add a new item or person to the spreadsheet, or to input somebody's order.

This info has also been pasted back into the first message in this thread.

Please check the spreadsheet page labeled "Buyers" to see your individual total owed for this bulk buy.

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.

• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
  • Put in Reelale's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as Reelale confirms the address to use - some of you may already have the email address from previous buys, but do NOT use that until Reelale confirms that it is the correct one and I send you a PM).
  • Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...

• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
  • Select "Gift".
  • If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto Reelale. Suck those fees up yourself.
  • In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that Reelale will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that Reelale can track who has paid and who hasn't.
  • Then send the money and chill out.
When Reelale has all of the money, he'll place the order.

After that, skeeordye11 takes over and handles out the delivery end of things, which will be at Fullsteam brewery. Reelale and skeeordye11 will keep us all updated on when it is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

FOR SPLIT SACKS: Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. Whatever. That's your decision to make with your splitting partners.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

I'm just gonna throw this out there and you all can take it or leave it. Reelale has been very gracious to offer to do this for us here recently. I think he has ordered a total of maybe 2 sacks in the last 2 buys. Walker and myself are easily replaced in all this, but without Reel this could not happen. He's the one with the account at North Country. With that being said, it may be worth throwing him a little something for agreeing to do this for us, when he's really not reaping the benefits of cheapo grain.

I do not expect anything from anyone for my part. I am getting the deal of cheap grain and I always end up ordering more than I need, but the prices are just too good to pass up. I'm hoping that any karma I get for helping you all out will only help to offset some stupid thing I am bound to do in the future in a drunken evening. That is all.

I have send a PM to everyone involved with Reelale's paypal address.

If you didn't get it, PM me and let me know. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anyone, but you never know....

Walker, can I open the google document in excel? If not, can you please send me just the worksheet with all participants by HBT handle? Thanks.

Walker, can I open the google document in excel? If not, can you please send me just the worksheet with all participants by HBT handle? Thanks.

I think you can download it from google docs and then open in excel, but I know that some of the fanciness seems to be lost on google docs, so I don't know if a downloaded copy will match my original.

I will just email you my copy so you can track payment.

I'll email it to skee, too, so that he has it for reference at pick-up time.

Back