PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m good either weekend. Like @TallDan recommended we need to get a consensus as soon as we can. Maybe most votes by which weekend we can confirm availability to reduce number of autodrafters?

If it comes down to it we can still play 11 @Chorgey, thank you for the noble gesture. The system won’t let us draft with odd teams. I don’t see any harm in creating a sleeper team that can autodraft and balance out the league. One of us can control the account and hit the “optimize,” or whatever it was called that auto adjusted the lineup for projections. If they need to add a player for byes, or competitiveness, we all can help run the sleeper to keep it fair. If this team makes playoffs….oof! Let’s hear everyone’s opinions on this too. I think I need to make adjustments an hour or so before draft time or the system cancels our live draft.

To clarify my opinion: While I'm good either way, i'd prefer we have an even number of teams, so if there's a fair chance we can pick up an extra player by waiting a week, that gets my vote.

To clarify my opinion: While I'm good either way, i'd prefer we have an even number of teams, so if there's a fair chance we can pick up an extra player by waiting a week, that gets my vote.
Same here. Would be willing to play odd to let everyone play.

I'd vote we push it.

BTW I don't know anyone else's schedule or preference, but I'm fine with a draft in the evening of Thurs Sep 1 or Tues Sep 6 (even Weds the 7th if we must; I've done a night before the season draft before lol) if people don't want to draft during the holiday weekend. (I'm fine during that weekend as well BTW, but I don't know if people are traveling or have events).

I can wait a week. I can probably draft anytime next week except for Saturday. Open to weeknights as well.

I am also fine playing an odd number of teams... would be interesting

I’m fine with whatever you choose.

Did anyone post this thread in what are you drinking now?

I’ve done this in years past to attract participants. Not at home now to grab a beer and post but I can later.

I'll tell y'all... Not knowing draft order until 1 hour prior to draft is maddening.

It's like the traveling salesman problem figuring out where strategies might diverge into different directions and branches based on where I am in that first round, who is likely to still be available, and what that means for how my subsequent rounds should be approached.

My draft prep room right now:

1661986933960.png

I just asked a friend from my homebrew club and he said he is in. Sent him the info for the thread and maybe we can get another hbtalker too.

I’m good either weekend. Like @TallDan recommended we need to get a consensus as soon as we can. Maybe most votes by which weekend we can confirm availability to reduce number of autodrafters?

If it comes down to it we can still play 11 @Chorgey, thank you for the noble gesture. The system won’t let us draft with odd teams. I don’t see any harm in creating a sleeper team that can autodraft and balance out the league. One of us can control the account and hit the “optimize,” or whatever it was called that auto adjusted the lineup for projections. If they need to add a player for byes, or competitiveness, we all can help run the sleeper to keep it fair. If this team makes playoffs….oof! Let’s hear everyone’s opinions on this too. I think I need to make adjustments an hour or so before draft time or the system cancels our live draft.

Welcome @pshankstar -- Usually it's send a beer package (mix of probably 4-6 local beers as singles, whether it's bombers, 16 oz cans, etc). Draft is tonight at 8:30 PM ET. NFL.com platform. Hope you can join!

If it does comes down to 11, I'm fine with creation of a "sleeper" team that is minimally managed. We can come up with ground rules after the draft, but here's a few ideas.

1. Auto-draft, obviously.
  2. Managed by commish. If there are any questions of conflict of interest when commish and sleeper team have head-to-head matchup, discuss as group.
  3. Weekly start/sit based purely on maximum NFL.com projected points.
  4. No "active" management of picking up players or trades obviously--players only dropped/added in the case of injury, suspension, or other "obvious" needs for a player.
  5. No use of waivers for pickup of replacements for injured/IR players, but I trust the commish to fill those roster holes on Wednesday after waivers clear.
But hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

Everyone sends the winner a local bomber once the season wraps up, right? Any other requirements to participate?
What time is the draft tonight?
What platform do you use?
@lupulinaddict can send you the invite.

The draft is at 8:30pm EST tonight
NFL.COM is the platform.
Everyone sends the winner at least 1 commercial bomber, most of us send more (see previous posts)

I just asked a friend from my homebrew club and he said he is in. Sent him the info for the thread and maybe we can get another hbtalker too.

Welcome @pshankstar -- Usually it's send a beer package (mix of probably 4-6 local beers as singles, whether it's bombers, 16 oz cans, etc). Draft is tonight at 8:30 PM ET. NFL.com platform. Hope you can join!

If it does comes down to 11, I'm fine with creation of a "sleeper" team that is minimally managed. We can come up with ground rules after the draft, but here's a few ideas.

1. Auto-draft, obviously.
  2. Managed by commish. If there are any questions of conflict of interest when commish and sleeper team have head-to-head matchup, discuss as group.
  3. Weekly start/sit based purely on maximum NFL.com projected points.
  4. No "active" management of picking up players or trades obviously--players only dropped/added in the case of injury, suspension, or other "obvious" needs for a player.
  5. No use of waivers for pickup of replacements for injured/IR players, but I trust the commish to fill those roster holes on Wednesday after waivers clear.
But hopefully it doesn't come down to that.

@lupulinaddict can send you the invite.

The draft is at 8:30pm EST tonight
NFL.COM is the platform.
Everyone sends the winner at least 1 commercial bomber, most of us send more (see previous posts)
Looks like it was just filled minutes before I posted. All is good! Maybe next year I can make it in before the last minute. Haha
Good luck to everyone!

Looks like it was just filled minutes before I posted. All is good! Maybe next year I can make it in before the last minute. Haha
Good luck to everyone!
I
I did find a 12th. I check hbt and nothing, offered to a local club member, came back to post here and @pshankstar responded. Sorry @pshankstar. Hopefully we can get you in next season!

that’s my fault, I saw we still needed one and tagged a thread that @pshankstar frequents. Was trying to help out. @pshankstar at least you won’t have to send me beer! 😉

That sounds interesting. Does the double syrup just bump the abv or stick around in the finish?

C+; tenth place. Oof!

I know its going to be a good season when I get a C draft grade and projected 1-13 record. I believe I took the title the last time I got a draft score that low.

Draft fell right into my lap exactly where I expected. Sitting in the 11 spot worked out nicely for ZeroRB, as it turns out.

Maybe I'd have an A+ like Dan if I'd actually drafted a defense. I'd say without a defense on the roster, this turned out just fine.

1662398059178.png

And yes, I snagged Pierce at *below* his ADP range on other platforms and I think Allgeier is going to be the early-down back in ATL.

It's what I do. I drink, and I know things no one else does.

I was willing to let Pierce go at his adp. He's solid looking, but that team could be a mess. He could have a James Washington season or be a dead zone RB. We'll see. Allgeier is a great pickup though. He's going to be in the mix this year.

First time I ever got a “A”. I’ll probably be relegated to mr irrelevant now.
525B70D7-9B74-40BA-AFA5-366C2C942571.jpeg

@Chorgey Oh Man that was a close one. I though I was going to take it with either Saquon or Ceedee only needing like one or two more catches from the 4 minute mark. Game script didn't go that way.

Good game!

Back