PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always get a kick out of these. We shall see!
IMG_0460.jpeg

Seems like I always get an A for the draft. I don’t always get the W’s that I really want through the season.
Looks like a solid squad to me. Difference-maker at TE, solid WR corps. Some risk-reward plays at QB, and I think a 1/2 punch of Jacobs/Javonte at RB is going to be really good, with a couple of upside plays behind them.

Probably my best report card yet. LOL

View attachment 828565
I like Mims. He was a target for me in the 20-team league since they give points for return yards, but didn't get him. I think he's going to be a solid WR3 if Sean Payton can get the offense to perform, and could be a difference-maker when we start to get to the back half of the season and the fantasy playoffs.

Looks like a solid squad to me. Difference-maker at TE, solid WR corps. Some risk-reward plays at QB, and I think a 1/2 punch of Jacobs/Javonte at RB is going to be really good, with a couple of upside plays behind them.

I like Mims. He was a target for me in the 20-team league since they give points for return yards, but didn't get him. I think he's going to be a solid WR3 if Sean Payton can get the offense to perform, and could be a difference-maker when we start to get to the back half of the season and the fantasy playoffs.
Yeah, this league kinda leans more toward the boom or bust options at QB. If they don’t pay off, there’s a almost certainly a cromulent replacement available. My other league has a superflex position making QBs much more in demand. I didn’t realize the impact that would have in my draft there last year, but got a little wiser this year.

Still took a boom or bust with Fields in that league though.

Also, as exciting as the draft always is, the real difference makers come off of waivers as the season gets rolling.

I haven’t heard back from @Thorrak for clarification. How would everyone like to proceed?

Play 11, relax and enjoy a homebrew?

Take over the team to prevent any issues down the road?

Try to find someone to take the team?

Which team was that? Of the three new teams, Finger Lakes Fury and Prestige Worldwide were both in attendance at the draft, and that only leaves Beer is my Patronus remaining. That team has made roster (IR) and waiver wire moves, so if it is Thorrak, it seems that he's still managing the team.

My team is Hop To It -- not one of the new ones.

With the last second draft time change I had intended to drop out entirely, but I guess I ended up with a team? I have no idea who Puka Nacua is (which apparently is a sentiment shared with NFL Fantasy as they don't have his photo) but apparently I'm supposely going to beat @TBC this week. Go figure.

If someone wants to take the team over, please be my guest -- otherwise, I'll do my best to keep it looking somewhat sane to prevent spoiling the league. Just know: If you lose, you lost to Team Autodraft.

Which team was that? Of the three new teams, Finger Lakes Fury and Prestige Worldwide were both in attendance at the draft, and that only leaves Beer is my Patronus remaining. That team has made roster (IR) and waiver wire moves, so if it is Thorrak, it seems that he's still managing the team.
Finger Lakes Fury is my team. I’m a newbie to the group looking not to lose to @Thorrak ’s auto draft team. 🤣

With the last second draft time change I had intended to drop out entirely, but I guess I ended up with a team? I have no idea who Puka Nacua is (which apparently is a sentiment shared with NFL Fantasy as they don't have his photo) but apparently I'm supposely going to beat @TBC this week. Go figure.

If someone wants to take the team over, please be my guest -- otherwise, I'll do my best to keep it looking somewhat sane to prevent spoiling the league. Just know: If you lose, you lost to Team Autodraft.
Hell, your autodrafted team looks better than more than a couple of the manually drafted teams 😂

Autodraft takes control if you aren’t signed in, or run out of time during the selection. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, as you can see everyone’s results above.

Again, I apologize for the last second change. It was an honest attempt to try and have more people able to participate. At the time, it seems like most were responding with a free Saturday, it wasn’t an attempt to do anyone dirty.

Glad you are willing to still play with us, and thank you for being a good sport about not spoiling the league.

Although I get it was an honest attempt, I had made special arrangements to be present for the draft. It was incredibly frustrating to end up finding out with less than 24 hours notice that you had decided to change it. Not cool at all.

Glad everything arrived safely. No excuse for why I took so long. But that cotton candy sour is freaking awesome!!

@Thorrak Just FYI being new to the league, but there are up to two spots per roster available for injured reserve, suspended players, PUP players, etc. Saw you have a backup RB on IR and you can move him to that spot to open up another roster spot if you prefer.

I mean, not sure why I'm helping you since we face each other this week, but figured I'd point it out 😂

@Thorrak Just FYI being new to the league, but there are up to two spots per roster available for injured reserve, suspended players, PUP players, etc. Saw you have a backup RB on IR and you can move him to that spot to open up another roster spot if you prefer.

I mean, not sure why I'm helping you since we face each other this week, but figured I'd point it out 😂
The Eagles defense doesn't count as being IR, I don't think.

Now the Giants...

Would love to see some trades in this league...

In my first year in this 20-team league I joined, I made two pre-draft trades of draft picks, and have already made an RB/TE package deal, a backup K/DST package deal, and am currently negotiating a potential RB upgrade / WR downgrade / Kicker package deal (that may not happen as I might be asking for too much at RB to cover my WR downgrade, but we'll see). And I'm not even the most active! But in a 20-team league there's absolute dog doo-doo on the waiver wire, so you've gotta make moves if you see an opening.

So if any of you see mutually advantageous trades with me, feel free to let me know. My view of any trade is that both owners should walk away thinking they've improved their roster.

Who would have thought someone would have to struggle thinking should I start Tua over Allen at QB moving forward? 🤯

In the other league I have Mostert and Tyreek. Only problem was that I was facing the Tua owner this week...

But yeah, that Miami offense is hummin', and I wouldn't fault you for rolling with Tua over Allen. Tua likes to throw the ball to his teammates, not his opponents. That's usually helpful for fantasy scoring purposes.

From my week 3 recap:

This week's first- and third-highest-scoring teams met in an epic battle as Dawg Pound took down Mr IPA and Mrs Blonde 180.06 to 169.18. This is the most a team has scored this season without getting a victory.

From last week's recap:

In an epic battle between this week's second and third-highest-scoring teams, Milwaukee Muggers took down Mr IPA and Mrs Blonde 169.72 to 154.06. This is the second-most a team has scored this season without getting the victory.

This is not a trend I'm a fan of lol...

That's rough! I saw your matchup last week and felt bad.

On the flip side you could have started 3 Commanders from last night's game due to not knowing Kupp's status and waking up this morning to hear he's playing and I didn't need to do that.

And you even picked up the Commanders defense and Dotson to start this week... Oof.

I will say that in my other league, my opponent left the Bears defense on his bench. I did not have "thankfully my opponent didn't start the Bears D against me" on my bingo card last night lol...

7 weeks in, which means we're exactly halfway through the regular season. So it's time to do a recap of where we are.

Those who have participated before know that I'll start figuring out playoff / seeding scenarios as we get closer. At this point it's too premature, but we can group teams into a couple of key categories so far:

Sitting Pretty

Only two teams in this category, and it's two of our newcomers. Prestige Worldwide (6-1, 3rd in points scored) and Milwaukee Muggers (5-2, 1st in points scored) are in good shape right now. I put them in this category not only because of their record, but with both teams in the top 3 for points scored, it's clear they've got rosters capable of producing.

Past seasons would suggest that 8-6 is going to make the playoffs, and 7-7 might with the right tiebreakers. So we've got two of our strongest teams when it comes to points scored only needing 2 and 3 more wins, respectively, to get to 8, and both teams would shock me not to make it to 7-7 at this point. Both teams are pretty healthy, although it appears that Milwaukee Muggers has some question marks at the QB position.

The Murky Middle

5 teams at 4-3, 2 teams at 3-4, so that's more than half the league a half game above/below .500. Fantasy Football is a fickle mistress, and any team in this group could find themselves on the right or wrong side of the playoffs based more on luck than anything else.

That said, I look at Dawg Pound (4-3, 2nd in points scored, most points scored against) as a good team that has simply run into buzzsaw opponents. On an overall basis, they would be 51-26 measured against all league opponents. To a lesser extent, my team Mr IPA and Mrs Blonde (4-3, 4th in points scored) isn't high up in the points against in the aggregate, but caught two teams on absolute heaters to lose two matchups while having good weeks. Likewise, they would be 44-33 against all league opponents. Big Gulps (3-4, 5th in points scored) is another that probably should be above .500 right now, but has caught the wrong teams on the wrong weeks.

On the opposite end, Bones are their Money (4-3, 9th in points scored) and Beer with Mahomeys (3-4, 11th in points scored) seem to be the biggest beneficiaries of positive luck catching opponents on down weeks so far. A lot of weeks left for those teams. I like Bones' roster, and it appears that he's had issues with early season struggles in Dallas (Dak) and Cinci (Chase via Burrow) that may work itself out going forward. That's a team I'd expect to move up going forward. Mahomeys has dealt with injuries at the RB position with Saquon Barkley and James Conner, so may have upside in the future as well as the team regains health.

Should be in the Murky Middle (Honorable Mention)

Finger Lakes Fury (2-5, 6th in points scored, 2nd in points against) is also dealing with rotten luck. Good roster overall, but luck may have dug them a hole that will be hard to get out of.

The Pit of Despair

Hop to It (2-5, 12th in points scored) and Fill my Kupp (1-6, 10th in points scored) are in some trouble. The records aren't good but you can't look at the team performances and/or rosters and say the upside looking forward is all that great, especially based on points scored.

--------------------------------------------

So, what to do from here? Well, this is the time of the season that waiver wire gems are going to be hard to find, but it's a great time to try to improve your team with trades. Teams who are nearer the top of the standings need to start thinking about fortifying their teams for the playoffs. Teams who are nearer the bottom are in "win now" mode, to fight your way into the playoffs and then hope you catch some luck.

Ideas such as a team nearer the bottom trading an RB handcuff to the owner of the starter in order to obtain a player who can immediately improve their roster is a good thought. Others would be players who you think might round into form come fantasy playoff season but who are underused young players / rookies now, or players who have a lot of hype but haven't performed so far (Drake London and Kyle Pitts come to mind) might be someone that a team at the top of the standings is willing to sit and wait on and trade down someone that can improve the roster for someone at the bottom. Trades should always be win-win.

In my 20-team league I just made a trade that fits this. The league rules require fielding a full lineup, meaning that in a 20 team league, every starting kicker and every starting defense is rostered and you can't stream the position. I went into the draft with an express strategy to acquire both positions with early bye weeks and also draft a backup for trades once I passed byes. My starting kicker and defense are now post-bye, so I wanted to use the backups to upgrade at other places. I'm 5-2 and have to start thinking about playoff upside. Another team at 3-4 had only single kicker and defense and wanted Latavius Murray as he's got James Cook and wanted to lock up the BUF backfield in case of injury. So I traded the MIN kicker and NYG defense, plus Mack Hollins (ATL WR) and Latavius Murray (BUF RB) for Quentin Johnson (LAC WR) and Jaylen Warren (PIT RB). QJ has high upside come fantasy playoff time, and Jaylen Warren is an upgrade for me from Murray. Two teams that both had very different needs and both of us can walk away feeling like we got something that helped us.

There are 7 weeks left. Nobody is a lock and nobody is out of it, even those who have an uphill climb. Now is the time to prove your mettle.

Good luck all!

Well, I kept adding some every now and then until I got around to sending… hope you enjoy them during the 2nd half of this season.

Love the commentary as always, @betarhoalphadelta

Correction though: I'm not new to the league, i just renamed. "HBT Football Team" wasn't a good joke anymore since Washington renamed, so i went to "Milwaukee Muggers". Hopefully keep a good record and don't need to rename to the "Duluth Doormats".

Love the commentary as always, @betarhoalphadelta

Correction though: I'm not new to the league, i just renamed. "HBT Football Team" wasn't a good joke anymore since Washington renamed, so i went to "Milwaukee Muggers". Hopefully keep a good record and don't need to rename to the "Duluth Doormats".

Ahh, good to know!

Back