Please Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to brave it an brew an Old English style ale today.
I guess I better sweep off that porch.

Sweep the porch? Alright, if you dare. But wear a safety harness and jackline, carry personal locator beacon, emergency rations, canned water, and space blanket. Better bring a liferaft, flares, and a hard hat too. I will pray for you.

I Agree with JohnSand...it looks like you should wear the emergency locator...even in the house..

Epic! That would definitely shut down the roads here in Alabama. :D

I've lived here more than 30 yrs an I can tell you that they start shutting down the roads over not much more than that pic. Most people here haven't the slightest idea how to drive in snowy/ice conditions. Heck, most people here can't drive when it rains.

I've lived here more than 30 yrs an I can tell you that they start shutting down the roads over not much more than that pic. Most people here haven't the slightest idea how to drive in snowy/ice conditions. Heck, most people here can't drive when it rains.

A long time ago (1982), I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca for one winter. It was great- a little ice in the morning, and we were off work for the entire day. Once the sun came out, it was beautiful (and warm). I loved it!

Sorry to see that blizzard killed off all your grass. Maybe you can replant in the spring. ;)

Lol. What's this "grass" you speak of? This is Tucson, we have weeds after the summer rains. That's a Tucson lawn.

A long time ago (1982), I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca for one winter. It was great- a little ice in the morning, and we were off work for the entire day. Once the sun came out, it was beautiful (and warm). I loved it!

Sierra Vista does get a little colder than Tucson. You're lucky you made it out alive.

Crap! Too late.
Ok then, it's an Old Arizona ale.

I had to look this up.
English rule says: As long as you have the intention to brew or brew whilst raining, use English hops, and pitch a healthy dose of English Ale yeast it will still be an Old English Ale. You're safe then. It further mentions: Drinking a few ESBs while brewing is in style. Any other ale can be substituted, as long as foam is minimal and drank at cellar temps, preferably in glasses that hold an Imperial Pint, no more no less. There are 16 pages of details...

I had to look this up.
English rule says: As long as you have the intention to brew or brew whilst raining, use English hops, and pitch a healthy dose of English Ale yeast it will still be an Old English Ale. You're safe then. It further mentions: Drinking a few ESBs while brewing is in style. Any other ale can be substituted, as long as foam is minimal and drank at cellar temps, preferably in glasses that hold an Imperial Pint, no more no less. There are 16 pages of details...

Awesome! It's still raining off the roof and I'm using Marris Otter, English chocolate malt, English crystal 10L and UK Target hops. Burton Ale yeast.

I'm still drinking water, but it's beer time. Unfortunately, I don't have any English beers on hand. How about a brett beer?

Awesome, that looks great. Brett is sort of traditional, just not at 100% level. How does that taste?

It's quite excellent. It sat in secondary, on the rhubarb, for 5 months. I used Brett C as a primary yeast and Brett trois in the secondary.

BTW, nailed the OG on my Old English. 1.072. Just finished cleaning up.

I almost brewed my hand once. Now I wait until after the boil to start drinking.

There's a few threads on mash paddles in the DIY that may help you. One involves a hand.

WE HAVE ICICLES.

Ice in NorTex is usually no big deal though.

The squeegee bucket at the gas station was iced over. I busted it up like a human ice breaker. Just doing my part.

Ha..... But, who am I to talk, you have more snow than we do here in NE Iowa! Welllll......at least until Saturday:(

My sister, aunt and some cousins all live in Iowa (Iowa City, Ames, Boone). They commented on Facebook that I have more snow than they do.

I was born at UofI hospital. Go Hawkeyes!

Back