Please Help Critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bono09

Reaction score
Okay this is my first cider attempt ever. Please help me tweak this recipe where you see needed. Also if I could get some advice/ help on back sweetening and bottling process.

5 gallons Fresh Pressed Sweet Cider in Primary Carboy. Along with, 1 Pound Raisens, 1 Pound Crazens, 1.5 pounds light brown sugar, a few cinnamon sticks.

Add 5 campden tablet. Let settle for 12 hours, add pectic enzyme.

12 hours after adding Pectic Enzyme pitch yeast. alone with yeast nutrient and yeast energizer.

Allow to ferment in primary for 1 week or until ready. Rack to secondary carboy and allow to sit fro 3-4 months.

Now this is where I need the help. I was going to sweeten with Maltdextrose. What would ya'll recommend for amount and also how exactly do you bottle cider?

Please feel free to critique this recipe and or make recommendations. Thank you

When to the home-brew shop today and picked up a few extra things for this cider. Also cleared up my priming sugar question. I will be priming with 5 oz. of Light Brown Sugar. Also I will be going away to school for the next semester and this bad boy will be sitting in its secondary waiting. When I get home I will be using some Cask Yeast to get some activity back into it before bottling.

Back