Oxygen free fermentation and kegging routine (fermentosaurus)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suitbrewing

Reaction score
I want the benefit of an oxygen free process without the hustle and risk of foaming from the naturally carbonated beer; that one gets from the regular fermentosaurus routine (i.e. fermenting under pressure with a spunding valve).

My plan is to use the pressure kit but instead of attaching a spunding valve to the Co2 outlet to use the Co2 outlet to connect a blow off tube (into a starsan bucket).

Once the fermentation is complete, I will push with C02 the flat beer into a purged and sealed keg. I will use the pressure release valve to depressurize the keg as beer is being pushed in.

Then I will force carbonate and consume as normal.

Will the above routine work?

Other than wasting Co2 and taking longer from brewday to ready/carbonated beer, do you see any other drawbacks?

I only own sanke kegs, so I suppose I will need to remove the one way stopper ball from the coupler in order to be able to send beer into the keg?

Back