Official Untappd Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Untappd just released an update that lets you subscribe to any beer and be notified when it's nearby! It seems to only use venues that are part of their "Untappd for Business" feature so far, so I wonder how many there are. Interesting.

Looks like Untappd just released an update that lets you subscribe to any beer and be notified when it's nearby! It seems to only use venues that are part of their "Untappd for Business" feature so far, so I wonder how many there are. Interesting.
Love your app. Any chance you can add the name of the beer to the title of the email that gets sent?

Who would ever want to review a beer that's less than 3 months old?

I'm not entirely sure what was meant by that comment. I haven't been on RB in ages. Is he saying that RB is slow to add new beers to the database?

Ahhhhh so this is why every single time I log in to untappd it askes for a password to an email account that I dont know the password to.

I'm not entirely sure what was meant by that comment. I haven't been on RB in ages. Is he saying that RB is slow to add new beers to the database?
Was that because you got tired of getting banned?

In any event, I'm still pretty active on the site but really just do it for keeping up with my own ratings/notes...which I've actually been doing a terrible job of. I've just sort of grown to accept my frustrations with certain aspects of the site and do what I can.

Fair enough. I probably share some of your same gripes but it's often been a case of meeting an immovable object.

This seems cool. Does anyone use this to check out beer menu's and events of the venue page or is it still too early an adoption to that most places didn't take advantage of it?

So after the last few updates, is there any way to see who has the most checkins at a particular venue? Not seeing that anymore....
Like most software companies, changes are made for the sake of change and mostly not for the better. Looks like this feature has been lost. New layout of untappd many steps backwards.

Is anyone else having huge lag time in getting updates done lately? I submitted a picture request for Central State House Beer over a month ago and it's still empty. Picture was straight from the brewery website with no UPC, etc, so I would think it'd be an easy approval.

I'm always perplexed by people's style choices as well. This one is 100% Brett "in the style of French and Belgian style table beers" yet is listed as a golden ale rather than a saison.

HouseBeerLabel.png

Is anyone else having huge lag time in getting updates done lately? I submitted a picture request for Central State House Beer over a month ago and it's still empty. Picture was straight from the brewery website with no UPC, etc, so I would think it'd be an easy approval.

I'm always perplexed by people's style choices as well. This one is 100% Brett "in the style of French and Belgian style table beers" yet is listed as a golden ale rather than a saison.

HouseBeerLabel.png
My only guess is that label looks like a generic logo which aren't allowed, even though that's clearly the name of the beer. I dunno. I stopped following the forums a while ago because there's just not enough time, I'll add it now.

The styles are a goddamn mess. We have way too many, and while they've done a decent job reorganizing them in the latest app addition the old way was around for so long that there's a lot of built-in cruft. It's really bad. But, on the plus side, styles are all kind of arbitrary and dumb anyway so I don't get too worked up about it.

Hey guys! I have created a simple web app using the Untappd API that will email you when a beer on your Untappd wish list is checked in within your specified radius (max of 25 miles). Any feedback is appreciated.

http://tappist.herokuapp.com

Any issues or suggestions please let me know! Thanks!
Is this still working? Been awhile since I got a notification and the site is down.

Got a Tappist notification for first time in months, but site is still down. Does adding beers to untappd wishlist come with any notifications when beer gets checked in by someone? If not what good is it? Loved tappist, very frustrating this feature not available.

Got a Tappist notification for first time in months, but site is still down. Does adding beers to untappd wishlist come with any notifications when beer gets checked in by someone? If not what good is it? Loved tappist, very frustrating this feature not available.

There is a dropbox on every beer's main page that asks if you want to be notified when it gets checked in near you.

There is a dropbox on every beer's main page that asks if you want to be notified when it gets checked in near you.
Thanks! According to untappd, that only works when a venue is verified and they add beer to the list. The tappist app sends notification when a member checks in.

Paging stupac2

How does "vintage" beer work on untappd?

I see people checking in to Troegs Nugget Nectar as a vintage beer listed as Nugget Nectar 2017 just because it was released this week. Its the same beer, no changes to it from the past X years.

I submitted it as a duplicate previously and it was deleted/merged. But when I saw it was readded, I submitted it as a dupe again but now I get an error message that "vintage" beers are no longer able to be flagged as a duplicate?

Paging stupac2

I see people checking in to Troegs Nugget Nectar as a vintage beer listed as Nugget Nectar 2017 just because it was released this week. Its the same beer, no changes to it from the past X years.

I submitted it as a duplicate previously and it was deleted/merged. But when I saw it was readded, I submitted it as a dupe again but now I get an error message that "vintage" beers are no longer able to be flagged as a duplicate?

Let ppl have their free ticks

Paging stupac2

Maybe it's like Beeradvocate region boards where you need to have a separate thread for each month.

Paging stupac2

The short answer is that they don't work. The admins have been really frustrating about just setting a policy and sticking with it. I believe that that sort of thing could be merged but because this is all a bunch of nonsense I don't really know.

Personally I stopped giving a **** a long time ago, as long as I can track the things I care about (lambic, quads, whatever) I don't care if people are adding Bud Light vintages. More power to them.

Not sure what vintage this bigfoot is since the cap is rusted... better be safe and check in to all 40 listings. Also, this fantome saison is questionable, better check in to ever bottle on untappd since '87.

Get on my level son! 37 oz of beer drank = 200 checkins, 46 badges and a boner for the elderly.

Sorry, this day of barleywine consumption is going straight to my head.

Not sure what vintage this bigfoot is since the cap is rusted... better be safe and check in to all 40 listings. Also, this fantome saison is questionable, better check in to ever bottle on untappd since '87.

Get on my level son! 37 oz of beer drank = 200 checkins, 46 badges and a boner for the elderly.

Sorry, this day of barleywine consumption is going straight to my head.
Don't worry, your untappd epeen is still teh biggestest.

But if I can't check into every vintage of NN going back to 2008, how else will you know that I'm better at beer than you?

But seriously, I believe they allow the vintage to be listed as long as a beer either a). is a seasonal release (even if the recipe is the same every year), and/or b). there is a vintage date on the bottle.

But if I can't check into every vintage of NN going back to 2008, how else will you know that I'm better at beer than you?

But seriously, I believe they allow the vintage to be listed as long as a beer either a). is a seasonal release (even if the recipe is the same every year), and/or b). there is a vintage date on the bottle.
I'm all for Bottle Date vintages. Why not? I NEED PPL TO KNOW MY PLINY WAS BOTTLED TODAY!!!

How can I let people know it was better the previous year?

Curious to see what's coming down the pike. What are you guys hoping to see in version 3?

Im banking on a feature where you can "toast" but instead of toasting in a positive way its an automatic ban for posting stupid ****.

Examples:
Saying an IPA is bad because its too hoppy and you dont like bitterness.
Checking in to both nugget nectar and 2017 nugget nectar every time you split a single can 6 ways

Im banking on a feature where you can "toast" but instead of toasting in a positive way its an automatic ban for posting stupid ****.

Examples:
Saying an IPA is bad because its too hoppy and you dont like bitterness.
Checking in to both nugget nectar and 2017 nugget nectar every time you split a single can 6 ways

Or my personal favorite, Grand Cru Bruocsella check-ins along the lines of "Disappointingly flat, not a great lambic, past its prime, 2/5".

Latest posts

Back