Official Untappd Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im banking on a feature where you can "toast" but instead of toasting in a positive way its an automatic ban for posting stupid ****.

Examples:
Saying an IPA is bad because its too hoppy and you dont like bitterness.
Checking in to both nugget nectar and 2017 nugget nectar every time you split a single can 6 ways

Checking in to a beer that's not available in your state or on tap where you're drinking just because it has a similar name and you are too drunk to search properly.

Checking in to a beer that's not available in your state or on tap where you're drinking just because it has a similar name and you are too drunk to search properly.

My favorite is when you're too lazy or horrible at searching so you create A new amazingly misspelled beer for something with 10,000+ checkins.

And it's Fremont. Not Freemont. SMFH

Im banking on a feature where you can "toast" but instead of toasting in a positive way its an automatic ban for posting stupid ****.

Examples:
Saying an IPA is bad because its too hoppy and you dont like bitterness.
Checking in to both nugget nectar and 2017 nugget nectar every time you split a single can 6 ways

Or my personal favorite, Grand Cru Bruocsella check-ins along the lines of "Disappointingly flat, not a great lambic, past its prime, 2/5".

s-l2252_zpsktprg7w1.jpg

No real major complaints about UNTAPPD. I would like to see the search feature be a tad better with the results. I type in a beer and the search yields it as the 4th or 5th beer coming up in the search.

How can we download our data? Is that a premium feature?

I see app approvals to access the API don't cover "general playing around," but that's what I want...

NOPE.

And Untappd hasn't sent them a C+D?

Since it's not even close to being the same, that ought to be hard to defend.
Ever seen the recommendations on untappd? They are a joke, and that's putting it kindly. This should provide you with a more in-depth review of beers, with flavourcharts and thus better recommendations.

Ever seen the recommendations on untappd? They are a joke, and that's putting it kindly. This should provide you with a more in-depth review of beers, with flavourcharts and thus better recommendations.

Sometimes visual representation and color scheme is enough to set someone off. From a glance your two apps look incredibly similar.

Wow. App is totally shitting the bed right now. I'm getting an error whenever I click on anything. I'm sure they'll fix it sooner or later, but man is it annoying.

Aside from its bugginess (don't try to check your notifications), I strongly dislike the whole update. The activity feed is way harder to read (which is what I look at most) and the default start page is hideous.

Agreed! For me, it's easier to use Google chrome. I can do everything I need that way. I wonder if 4.0 would make my phone blow up.

These updates seemed geared towards the 1%. The people who want more more and more. Pour sizes, fraction ratings, flavor profiles... The beauty of this app was the simplicity. Just like I bet everyone of you in this thread, I've been the first to show this app to a lot of people. It was always so easy. "Just type in the beer you're drinking, click it, add where you are, comment if you want, add a pic if you like, and then check your feed to see what you're friends are up to". Easy. I think they will get a lot less adds, but maybe they'll lose the adds that only use the app for a week or so. Not sure what that affect is.

Sometimes visual representation and color scheme is enough to set someone off. From a glance your two apps look incredibly similar.

I will not argue there are similarities in that you can rate a beer and add them to your "I had this"-library. It is yellow too (untappd 3 less so now) but well, hive honey yellow bees... You know.
They aim for a much smaller audience and want a much more educated rating for the beers. Not the 5 star limit we now have with untappd. On that base they should be able to provide you with much better recommendations too. The ones you get from untappd are just for laughs :)
While untappd is for the masses I think this app fills a nice niche, I will be trying it :)

I looked at this beerhive thing. Is this an app? Because I don't see it on the app store. I went to the website & filled it out & I got nothing, can't even log in

I liked the layout yesterday. Then, after I started trying to check in and go about my usual Untappd business, I started falling out of love with it. There's so much. "Tag" a beer with the words "light/fresh/etc"? UHHH THAT'S ABOUT EVERY BEER EVERYONE IS DRINKING AND SELLING AND HIRING SEAT WHORES FOR ON A WEEKEND.

I agree with Sebowski on the photo layout. I thought it looked better in the previous version. Now the photos look like a background photo on the user's home page.

And it still doesn't pull up suggestions for beers if you make a typo. Did you accidentally hit an extra letter? Too bad.

"Advanced notes." Pfffff

That 1% are the ones spending money within the app.

Their whole thing is "Drink Socially" so they decided it would be better to open on a (pretty awful) menu than to open on your feed? Seriously? #rollback please

I told them that on Twitter and they were all "could you send us a screen of this menu"?

Latest posts

Back