Brew Demon - 2 Gal. Dark Sweet Cherry Hard Cider Recipe Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycarn

Reaction score
Hello all,

Wanted to ask here, so I was gifted this recipe kit and decided to make it and followed the instructions as Brew Demon had made them and just threw it in the fermenter yesterday. My concern is the dark cherry puree it seems to be way too high it's above the tap and the yeast is sort of trapped in the middle of the puree is this going to be an issue when it's time to bottle? any solutions?

I'll also attach the instructions and a photo of what I'm describing.

Thank you in advance,
Jaycarn

Attachments

• 2G-cider_Instruction.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 8.22.05 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 8.22.05 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am in the same boat. I got a 2 gallon icing bucket for free from safeway. Clean it really well. Then use the step one. I am using glass bottles instead of the plastic bottles. I will have a plastic bottle for firmness once firm i will be doing a bottle bath of 180 degrees for 10 minutes to kill the yeast so that i don't have bottle bombs. Your fermenter looks way better than mine as attached. If you are going to use the plastic bottles once firm throw them into the refrigerator if you leave them out they will blow sooner or later
1000003921.jpg
1000003922.jpg

I used those fermenters several times with yeast, trub and such but up to near the spigot. It still worked fine in my experience. You could also just use a siphon if the spigot does get jammed.

Back