Official Transient Artisan Ales Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what Chris had to say: "It is 1-2 guests. I've had a few ask about bringing 3 and that's usually fine, just don't want people bringing a whole bunch of people."

I completely forgot about this on Sunday. Already committed to the Penrose release and won't be able to hit both this weekend. Sad feels

Figured I'd post this here, as opposed to the trade forum, as anybody who will be attending likely checks this thread more regularly. Sorry if etiquette has been breached.

I like to get my hands on 1 bottle of the ba betises and/or ba obeluses (obeli?) IP at the release this weekend. I can do pretty much any beer from 2013 or 2014 crooked stave cr. fruited l'bretts, dark/origins, persicas, petite sours, nightmares? Don't feel like posting all 20 beers, but if there is any interest i can find all of them. Can do multiples of many.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong, but it seemed like members weren't able to purchase that many extras from 1st transient. 1 of obelus/betise to 1.5 or 2 cs? I have no idea what transient trades for or seems fair. Not much else to offer. Casey saison b1? 2013 or 2014 cr glass? Let me know. Regardless, looking forward to this weekend.

Figured I'd post this here, as opposed to the trade forum, as anybody who will be attending likely checks this thread more regularly. Sorry if etiquette has been breached.

I like to get my hands on 1 bottle of the ba betises and/or ba obeluses (obeli?) IP at the release this weekend. I can do pretty much any beer from 2013 or 2014 crooked stave cr. fruited l'bretts, dark/origins, persicas, petite sours, nightmares? Don't feel like posting all 20 beers, but if there is any interest i can find all of them. Can do multiples of many.

Someone can correct me if i am wrong, but it seemed like members weren't able to purchase that many extras from 1st transient. 1 of obelus/betise to 1.5 or 2 cs? I have no idea what transient trades for or seems fair. Not much else to offer. Casey saison b1? 2013 or 2014 cr glass? Let me know. Regardless, looking forward to this weekend.

let me look when I get home Id be up for more fruited Bretts

Any interest in a Whiskey Presque?

I'd be interested in the Casey and/or Stave's if you haven't found anyone yet. Not trying to cut in line or anything so if you've already arranged something that's cool. Were you wanting one of each different beer or just one single beer of any of them? Just checked and I have one each of: Red Wine Obelus, Chardonnay Obelus, Red Wine Betise, and Wild Turkey Betise. Also Peur and Biere Du Ruche if you're interested in those, as well as some from the second release.

THanks to everyone for the replies. I will shut it down here so as to avoid further derailing of the thread.

My favorite was Red Wine Presque. Loved it. Not a huge fan of the Whiskey, and I had the AB right after the Red Wine, so maybe my palate was blown as I really got nothing on it.

i still haven't opened my wine presque. or wild turkey betise. i have a feeling i will change that very soon.

Get at both of those soon. Or I will.

Red Wine is where the Cascade comparisons come from: it was definitely the most acidic beer Betts has released.

You're dead to me....

Hopefully mouth hugs on Sunday will get me back in good graces.

On another note, I'm hoping we see the introduction of the smaller format bottles for this go around. Not that I don't love doming a 750 of Hop Drink, but some of the more abrasive stuff like the the Presque's would be better suited for a 375 or 500ml bottle IMO.

Also a mini wooden carrying case for each size bottle would be great too

I had Whiskey Presque on bottle and on tap at the event. Preferred wine barrel actually. Wild Turkey Betise is my favorite thus far. I got more flavors and more barrel than the Whiskey Presque. It's great once it warms and becomes more tart.

Had the Wine Presque last night and thought the acidity was overwhelming. It was difficult to drink. Switched over to Red Wine Obelus, which is doing quite well. Red wine, light spice and oak, and a bit of acidity. Creamy yet dry finish. Had no problem polishing off that bottle.

drank a wine presque last night as well. definitely on the acidic side but i didn't think it was totally out of whack for a flanders red. was tasty too. had little trouble splitting a bottle with a friend.

Back