Official Transient Artisan Ales Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a bottle from Capones earlier.
B681xN0CAAARnY5.jpg

thanks for the tip. stopped by capone's today and found one nestled amongst a bunch of hop drank near the register. i may have gotten the last one, but i did spot a whiskey junta there as of 2pm or so.

i had a hell of a day trying to get to capone's though; car door was frozen shut and my battery was dead. a couple ubers in horrendous traffic later, battery replaced and cuvier (and hop drank) acquired.

Anyone else open one of the BA Obeli recently?
I'm really happy I sat on a couple. The Chard Obelus is starting to get some complexity. Really enjoying this.
If you like your saisons to be tart or sour, you may not enjoy this but this makes me very hopeful.

good to know. i'm going to keep holding mine for a few more months and then bask in the aged saison glory.

Posted in the DDT thread, but opened up a Peur last night. First one I've opened since early September. No crucial changes, but it has developed a very slight tartness that wasn't there before and more red apple sweetness is starting to come out. Dried out a little more as well. Still very nice and I'll probably sit on my next two for another 6 months and then 6 months after just to see what's up with it.

Last edited:
Posted in the DDT thread, but opened up a Peur last night. First one I've opened since early September. No crucial changes, but is has developed a very slight tartness that wasn't there before and more red apple sweetness is starting to come out. Dried out a little more as well. Still very nice and I'll probably sit on my next two for another 6 months and then 6 months after just to see what's up with hit.
This is relevant to my interests. Thanks.

anyone talked to chris lately and heard anything about when the next release event may be? hankering for another super easy bottle pickup and draft party.

It's not really "lately," but I talked to him when picking up extra bottles of Presque, and he said that he was hoping to have the event spread out more evenly this membership period rather than backloaded like last time, so that the first event would probably be in late February. No idea if that's still the schedule though.

anyone talked to chris lately and heard anything about when the next release event may be? hankering for another super easy bottle pickup and draft party.

Talked to Chris yesterday at Beermiscuous and he seemed pretty sure it would be March 1st. Not set yet, obiously.

Then I asked him about what beers we were getting.

58960776.jpg

I'm pumped this release won't be during the holiday season so I'll be stocking up on some extra bottles this time around. Sporadic #2 is on my list now. That sounds fantastic.

It was a perfect layout for everything. I'd just split into 2 draft lines. Meat pies were also delicious. Hopefully I can make it a little earlier this time & bring something weird to open like Plan Bee or OEC.

It was a perfect layout for everything. I'd just split into 2 draft lines. Meat pies were also delicious. Hopefully I can make it a little earlier this time & bring something weird to open like Plan Bee or OEC.

Wouldn't know about the meat pies as they ran out fairly quick. Need more food there.

damn always a day Im out of town, I'll be more then likely in VT.. Missed the first release last time around too...

I get the concern from some people about the locations of the event, but we bought into this knowing Chris wouldn't always contract out of One Trick. He's eventually going to find his own space to brew and it could be anywhere in the Chicagoland area. I bought in because of the beer and not the location.

I get the concern from some people about the locations of the event, but we bought into this knowing Chris wouldn't always contract out of One Trick. He's eventually going to find his own space to brew and it could be anywhere in the Chicagoland area. I bought in because of the beer and not the location.

Same here. I'll be selfish and hope it ends up somewhere in the Western Suburbs where he can get a bigger space for more barrels :)

But I'm happy anywhere around Chicago, as I also bought in given that we're sorely lacking in breweries like this around the area, especially given how many have popped up and are still opening along the East Coast. I'm still really surprised by the lack of progress on that in the Midwest given that we have so much agriculture, and have the (American) pioneer in Jolly Pumpkin...

Same here. I'll be selfish and hope it ends up somewhere in the Western Suburbs where he can get a bigger space for more barrels :)

But I'm happy anywhere around Chicago, as I also bought in given that we're sorely lacking in breweries like this around the area, especially given how many have popped up and are still opening along the East Coast. I'm still really surprised by the lack of progress on that in the Midwest given that we have so much agriculture, and have the (American) pioneer in Jolly Pumpkin...

You'd think that Wisconsin and Michigan would have a ton

Back