Official Blending Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
French pressed Parabola with coffee, Chocolate, and cinnamon toast crunch.

The trick to chocolate is super fine shavings of unsweetened chocolate. Only thing that has worked for me thus far. If you don't do this you prob wont taste any chocolate.
20151010_192347.jpg

Science!
20151010_192545.jpg

And the money shot

20151010_192539.jpg

Let step for approx 30+ minutes. Pretty damn good. The sweetness of the CTC is cut back by the bitterness of the coffee and unsweetened chocolate. Not much coffee is needed as its usually the most powerful ingredient. Also this will prob keep you up for hours as its pure caffeine! Cheers!
Wrong thread!
That's for the French Press and Randal thread ;)

For any of you that may also use a gallon of vanilla extract throughout the year on your various stouts and BA stouts, I want to bring your attention to this gem. My wife has been hiding it from me lately after she keeps finding it next to various empty bottles of stouts in the morning, which means it's probably some decent ****, but a little bit goes a long way. This year's BCBS blended with a healthy drop of this **** tastes like fresh BCBVS. Get at it.

f6Lhc2I.jpg

I've blended twice on seperate occasions rarer dos and hunaphus. Thought the dos was a lil to hot fresh. When I cracked the bottle it was kinda cold so we were letting it warm in glasses. My impatient bro decided to open his Huna and as the two glasses sat side by side in front of us a light bulb went off!!!!!!' SO CLOSE TO DRINKING A DOUBLE BARREL HUNA!!!!!!!!! had to do it again at a share with my boy who originally cracked his Db HUNA with me. Everyone agreed it damn near a CLONE recipe!!!!!!!

I've blended twice on seperate occasions rarer dos and hunaphus. Thought the dos was a lil to hot fresh. When I cracked the bottle it was kinda cold so we were letting it warm in glasses. My impatient bro decided to open his Huna and as the two glasses sat side by side in front of us a light bulb went off!!!!!!' SO CLOSE TO DRINKING A DOUBLE BARREL HUNA!!!!!!!!! had to do it again at a share with my boy who originally cracked his Db HUNA with me. Everyone agreed it damn near a CLONE recipe!!!!!!!
TL;DR?
Pics OGTFO ;)

I decided to start with a bottle of Boulevard Coffee Ale that I have held onto for way too long. Upon opening the first thing I notice is that this bottle doesn't have anywhere near the level of carbonation as the other bottles I opened in the past. The flavor is light green pepper with a hint of peppery spice.

I then added some 6yr Saz Rye and vanilla extract to a snifter. I threw the concoction in the freezer for 20 minutes and blended to taste. This turned out pretty good but I think the amount of whiskey and vanilla I added may lead to me being drunk by the time I finish the bottle.

20160103_165432.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back