OCD or just weird preferences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check glasses before I fill them for other people. I may go through 3-4 perfect glasses before I decide one is clean enough. I do the same sometimes with dishware and utinsels. I worry unnecessarily that I put swear words in work emails when I know I did not. I check that my sliding glass door is **** and locked multiple times before I leave the house. I wash my hands till cracked and dried, often 3 to 4 times before leaving a restroom. That's a few.

Definitely OCD! I do the same thing with glasses, silverware, pots, pans and anything else that will touch my food. I also smell the the glasses I am going to use and the milk before I pour it even if I just opened it and the date is good. I use to own a shop and would always wear rubber/latex etc gloves to keep the grease off my hands and would wash them after taking the gloves off. Of course part of that was making sure I was clean because I worked the customer counters also.

I eat all my food separate, I don't mix things and I only move on to the next item on my plate when I'm completely done with the previous one. There are a couple exceptions to this, but not many.

My food for the most part is not allowed to touch each other.
Has been a running joke with my wife since before we were married that she should get me plates with dividers but in. I don't find it funny.

Attachments

• NE04lk008a004.jpg
    NE04lk008a004.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 163
OK, I've got another. I had no idea that the TP would be so popular. I thought it was just me.

When I'm putting chapstick on, I have to turn it so that the product is raised well above the plastic dispenser. When I'm done with it, I have to turn it so that it's well below the lip of the dispenser before returning the cap. I can't explain it but that's just the way it has to be. Anybody else do this?

I do have an explanation for this. ... retraction of the chapstick keeps it from rising up and getting stuck in the cap. I have this happen about once a year and since I always have a chapstick in my pocket it stands to reason that this will happen. Except that I only use blistex. I don't use it that often but want it there when I need it. Oh..... look what happened. Just what I was saying. Time for a new one.

20141220_005517.jpg

Speaking of money, here's another one of my preferences that my wife considers weird, but I think it's weird not to do it.
I make sure my bills are arranged in my wallet from largest to smallest. $20, $10, $5, $1 (for example)
They also must all be facing forward and all bent or folded edges must be straightened out. This doesn't just apply to my wallet only, I do it anytime I'm stacking bills together- handing over cash for payment, bank deposit, etc.

Almost never put cash in the wallet and since I can't drive now I haven't had my wallet with me in 6 months. I just goes in my pocket usually stacked lowest to highest.

I for some reason never set my alarm clock or the microwave on any number that end in 0's or 5's. I still have no idea why.

I know that this will drive a few of you nuts. The stove, microwave and coffee pot clocks are never set to the right time. If one of those clocks does get set to the right time it is usually only right for a month or so at most. Along will come daylight savings time and it is wrong again. I have an alarm clock by my bed that has not had the correct time on it for close to 4 years since I started working from home again.

OCD? no. Weird preference? no.

freakishly whacked? yes

and I thought I was weird with having to wear t-shirts with a crew-neck to bed because I can't stand the feeling of my chest hair tickling my chin

Grow a beard. That will cure that problem.

Holy crap can you tell I was bored tonight. ...

I can't stand it when a small rock/pebble gets stuck in the lugs of my boots. I can actually feel it through the boot sole and worse, hear it when walking on pavement or rock slabs. I'll stop & remove it before continuing my walk/hike. Also, I have to check the doors to make certain they're locked before going to bed. I also check the car door immediately after closing it to make certain that it's locked.
Regards, GF.

Grow a beard. That will cure that problem.

Holy crap can you tell I was bored tonight. ...

much as I hate shaving & wish I could grow a beard, I can't grow one worth ****.

I really would like to go back in time, find that very first guy in history who took a sharp object to his own neck to scrape off hair. I would kick him in the yarbles so hard he'd be afraid he would cut them next time he tried to shave.

much as I hate shaving & wish I could grow a beard, I can't grow one worth ****.

I really would like to go back in time, find that very first guy in history who took a sharp object to his own neck to scrape off hair. I would kick him in the yarbles so hard he'd be afraid he would cut them next time he tried to shave.

"Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles!"

Unfortunately it was probably the nagging of his SWMBO that caused him to put a blade to his neck. I can hear it now "I don't like the pokies on my face". This original guy was probably standing there ready to slit his own neck and she came up and said, "why you're there why don't you cut that hair off also!" Ever since then some guys do what ever the women say. You are right we should send Billy Klubb back in time to punch him in the berries. I hate to see guys that have women that control everything they do.
Have had my beard for close to 18 years.

My house appears to be in complete disarray for the normal visitors and even swmbo. But I know exactly where everything is and how many there are and if something get moved I notice right away. I usually don't realize what moved right away. I just noticed that something moved and I will seek it out until I find it and correct it.

We don't use toilet paper in our house, we get plenty of junk mail delivered, so there's no sense in wasting money on paper you can't do anything else with. I mean, toilet paper is one of those single-use items you can't use for anything else. Ever try to blow your nose with one square of toilet paper? Yeah, boogers all over the place, EXCEPT in the toilet paper. And the damn squares of toilet paper are so small, ever try wiping your ass with one? With two? I mean, what's the point.

The only thing bad about using junk mail is the colored ads. You really have to be careful. If you're going to be near a swimming pool or a beach, be sure and wear the extra long trunks or shorts. The ink from the junk ads leaves a horrific stain down the crack of your butt. Can you imagine a bright red then sky blue stain across your butt cheeks? How would you explain something like that? And watch out for the envelopes, walking out with toilet paper stuck to your butt is one thing, but like the stains, how would you explain several envelopes glued to your ass?

Toilet paper, what a waste of time.

...alrighty then...

So anyway, I'll always finish eating well before the wife does when at a resturant. While waiting on her I'm gathering up the utensils and little pieces of trash from the table, grains of salt, crumbs, ect and pile them all on my plate so things aren't so messy.

We don't use toilet paper in our house, we get plenty of junk mail delivered, so there's no sense in wasting money on paper you can't do anything else with. I mean, toilet paper is one of those single-use items you can't use for anything else. Ever try to blow your nose with one square of toilet paper? Yeah, boogers all over the place, EXCEPT in the toilet paper. And the damn squares of toilet paper are so small, ever try wiping your ass with one? With two? I mean, what's the point.

The only thing bad about using junk mail is the colored ads. You really have to be careful. If you're going to be near a swimming pool or a beach, be sure and wear the extra long trunks or shorts. The ink from the junk ads leaves a horrific stain down the crack of your butt. Can you imagine a bright red then sky blue stain across your butt cheeks? How would you explain something like that? And watch out for the envelopes, walking out with toilet paper stuck to your butt is one thing, but like the stains, how would you explain several envelopes glued to your ass?

So, you flush soiled junkmail down the toilet? I'd think it would clog the pipes.

I don't use toilet paper either because using paper to smear crap anywhere on your body is nasty. If you got poop on your knee or in between your toes a wad of toilet paper wouldn't be good enough anywhere else on your body and water would be used. I'm not rich so I don't have a bidet. I use an
Extendable shower head set to firehose blast mode and sit on the edge of the bathtub ass facing in.that is my one OCD thing . Have to plan my turd timing to be home.

I must set the volume on the TV to an even number. No, 19 isn't good enough. It has to be 20. Same for the thermostat. Can't really tell the difference in volume or temp but the setting will drive me nuts on an odd number.

I must set the volume on the TV to an even number. No, 19 isn't good enough. It has to be 20. Same for the thermostat. Can't really tell the difference in volume or temp but the setting will drive me nuts on an odd number.

And if you're not watching just the even channels, then you are mocking those who truly suffer from OCD

I don't use toilet paper either because using paper to smear crap anywhere on your body is nasty. If you got poop on your knee or in between your toes a wad of toilet paper wouldn't be good enough anywhere else on your body and water would be used. I'm not rich so I don't have a bidet. I use an
Extendable shower head set to firehose blast mode and sit on the edge of the bathtub ass facing in.that is my one OCD thing . Have to plan my turd timing to be home.

You can get a bidet for as low as $25, though and not have poop in your bathtub.

I don't have OCD I have CDO. It's similar to OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE!!!

Who is talking about pooping in the bathtub? I wash my ass just like I would during a shower in the bathtub. I hope we all wash our asses in the bathtub during a shower.

I also don't own my home so there is no installing a bidet. And good luck finding a cheap rental in America with a bidet.

Who is talking about pooping in the bathtub? I wash my ass just like I would during a shower in the bathtub. I hope we all wash our asses in the bathtub during a shower.

I also don't own my home so there is no installing a bidet. And good luck finding a cheap rental in America with a bidet.

You're talking about using your shower as a bidet, so you're literally washing poop off your ass. When I take a shower, my ass is already relatively clean of poop.

I used to have this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TPGPUW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

it installs in 15 minutes and is completely removable, so no worries if you're a renter.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're talking about using your shower as a bidet, so you're literally washing poop off your ass. When I take a shower, my ass is already relatively clean of poop.

I used to have this one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TPGPUW/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

it installs in 15 minutes and is completely removable, so no worries if you're a renter.

Just a hick, here, so pardon my ignorance but does the water spray do all the dirty work? Do you need to use a washcloth or your hands to assist? Do you towel off after, drip dry, use TP or...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a hick, here, so pardon my ignorance but does the water spray do all the dirty work? Do you need to use a washcloth or your hands to assist? Do you towel off after, drip dry, use TP or...?

The water does the work. I do a wipe with toilet paper after to dry off, as well as to make sure I'm clean. So I still do use some TP, just a lot less.

If you think somehow your ass is anywhere in the ballpark of clean after using glorified tree paper , you are dilusional. I will restate my position if you got crap on your hand or stomach or damn near anywhere else on your body , water is used. Just some how on your ass its gross? No...again I say no . You all have been pavlov conditioned to accept this unnatural condition. Wash. Your. Ass. After. Pooping. Please. Or don't sit on public communal
Things ever...

Also the needed pressure for cleanliness is not available thri cheap Amazon products . High. Pressure. Spray. Das ist alles . Danke

Also the needed pressure for cleanliness is not available thri cheap Amazon products . High. Pressure. Spray. Das ist alles . Danke

Exactly! I used both a bidet and took a shower this morning and, without a doubt, a bidet provides a MUCH higher pressure, more directed stream than a shower head ever could, unless the shower head could be reduced to a single 1/8" stream. I actually installed a valve on the supply line to limit the max flow to the bidet otherwise, turned up to high, the bidet could literally be very painful.

Every bidet I have come across here or in Europe has a spray that's about as effective as the stream from a drinking fountain , whereas my detachable shower head has a very narrow pulsed high pressure spray . Mabe your shower head sucks .IDK . Plus using the shower head I can have nice warm water and not a puckeringly cold stream.

One of my weird preferences is that I must drink with the label facing me. Whenever I pick up a bottle or can or pint glass, the front of the label must be facing me. Still tastes the same but it's all about the label.

You're a freak, too. Not as big a freak as the butt-washing guys, but a freak none-the-less... ;)

You're a freak, too. Not as big a freak as the butt-washing guys, but a freak none-the-less... ;)

Haha, I'm not getting into all of the proper ways to clean your behind. Although, if I did have crap on any other body part, I'd use more than just paper to clean the area. Something to think about.

I'm a counter. When I do things like shovel, scoop grains, etc - always count !

But to keep this on theme: I don't count # of wipes! :).

Back