Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to the Packers personal beyatch, number 9. Must feel great to play with a real team for a change.

Football is retarded. Boring to watch. You get maybe 2 plays every 5-10 minutes then a bunch of huddles, replays, check this check that. And the majority of the time they're just running for 2 seconds in a big clump and the play is over and you're left thinking WTF? The only thing good to ever come from football are the Superbowl Commercials.

Thanks for setting up this thread to Trash Talk Football :D
And a bunch of insurance commercials over and over.

saddened to see that BUF looked legit last night, or was it just that LARs inhale so deeply

NE has been losing to MIA when NE is the 'better' team, so expecting to see the underdogs steal a win on opening day. GO PATS

think I'm going to enjoy watching Russ dismember his former team this Sun as DEN spatchcocks SEA

"The Harvard-Yale game of 1894, played in Springfield, was so violent it was dubbed the "Bloodbath at Hampden Park" and reached the international press. Of 22 participants, seven were so severely injured that they had to be carried from the field in dying condition. One player had his back broken, another lost an eye and a third lost a leg. Both teams appeared upon the field with a crowd of ambulances, surgeons and nurses. The breaking point for the American public came when 18 players were killed on the field during the 1904 college football season alone, according to the Chicago Tribune; almost incredibly, that was followed by 19 more football deaths in 1905. "

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/meet-american-shaped-modern-football-walter-camp-pigskin-pioneer

I have no delusions (well, maybe one or two) that Seattle under Geno will get anywhere near the playoffs this season. I hope to see a decent amount of wins as the offense learns to work together, and a defense without the rock that was Bobby Wagner tries to do their job. But....dammit, last night was amazing. I kinda understand why Wilson wanted to leave, but it was a sneaky way to go about it. I didn't agree with the massive amount of booing, but I AM damn proud of this team showing ol' Russ that we can do just fine without him, even with our ancient of days (71 this year, as Joe & Troy mentioned about 20 times) coach, who can still move faster up and down the field than many younger head coaches. Also I can't stand the Joe & Troy show. Thank Ninkasi they've been relegated to ESPN2 where I don't have to see them if I don't want to.

Ok, tonight's home entertainment experiment is "Amazon does the NFL".
If you're a Prime member there is in-game side-band stuff - which could be handy if the game becomes a bore ;)
We'll see if any of it actually makes sense...

Yeah, we kicked the Bears butts yet again. But give them credit. The coach they've hired this time isn't obviously a clown after 15 minutes of exposure.

I should've watched ^that^ game. Looks much more interesting than the hot mess in Foxboro...

Funny thing is I thought they should have taken the safety anyway since the Dolphin offense made no attempt to spread the field, and were getting stuffed upfront.

Patriots just might have a "quarterback controversy" on their hands.

And that "Detroit Breakdown" was highly satisfying...

Last edited:
So...after a beat down of the Browns, Zappe is 2-0, while Jones is 1-3.
If Belichick brings Jones back now and he sucks next weekend, even the "Believe In Bill" crowd may get all nudgey 'n' stuff.

No pressure ;)

Brady should never have left the Patriots.
Aside from a random Super Bowl win (like he needed another ring) his life has turned remarkably craptastic, between trashing sideline tablets and teammates while going 3 and 3, all while hiring a divorce lawyer.
Then he says something hella stupid and the interweb isn't giving him a pass. Yikes!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tom-brady-deployment_n_634ffec0e4b04cf8f37ea500

RodgersRings.jpg

Brady should never have left the Patriots.
Aside from a random Super Bowl win (like he needed another ring) his life has turned remarkably craptastic, between trashing sideline tablets and teammates while going 3 and 3, all while hiring a divorce lawyer.
Then he says something hella stupid and the interweb isn't giving him a pass. Yikes!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/tom-brady-deployment_n_634ffec0e4b04cf8f37ea500
Thank God those military guys are getting a couple million a year. Otherwise it might not be worth it.

Back