Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Peak into the Jets front office, 2037...

"You know, we're just aquarterback away from the Super Bowl. Let's call the Packers and see what they want for Love. J -E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!!!"

Gotta love the Raiders. They play horrible defense for 3 quarters, but hang on to win. And had to get a personal foul call and an ex forty Whiner QB to do this. Gonna be a fun season for sure. Meanwhile, Carr goes to New Orleans and gets them the W as well. I am looking forward to seeing Carr bring them to at least a playoff and shove it right back in the Raiders face. Anyway, GO RAIDERS. LOL.

^nope^

Speaking of said J-E-T-S, the New England Football Patriots win against them atop Jimmy Hoffa's grave today is the 15th straight Patriots victory against NJ - which ties the longest Patriots winning streak against another Division rival, the hapless Buffalo Bills of the 2003 through 2011 span.

Pats head to Dallas next. Good luck with that...

Speaking of the Jets....that loss of theirs last night was saweeeeeeet. Yes I'm a Hawks fan. Nine sacks on Jones? Geno goes out, Lock comes in and looks fantastic, Geno comes back in, defense is magical, 72-year-old Pete Carroll (who I've heard still does sprints with the team at practice) romps up and down the field like a 30-year-old, was just a great game, despite the fact that Joe & Troy make me want to scratch my eyes out. Every time the camera cut to Jones on the sidelines he had a look on his face that screamed 'WTF just happened???'. All this in a road game, at that. I'm one proud 12 today.

1696425436517.png

I put the New England v Buffalo game on the DVR and went out this morning to deal with an avalanche of leaves - from all appearances my small forest is digging climate change and producing leaves in epic volumes. 5 and a half hours later I was able to pour a hazy and sit down to watch the game - which turned out to be hella annoying.

I have never seen so many poor defensive secondary plays in one game, ever. I have to believe the Pats set a league record for missed tackles. Over and over and over again the corners and safeties were totally pwned and their backups managed to miss follow-up attempts to corral the ball carriers as well. If it wasn't for inadvertently finding out the final score halfway through the 2nd quarter I might well have stroked out before the recorded game was over, it was that horrible.

There is no chance this squad is going anywhere in 2023. The QB is a disaster and I'll be happy to see him gone somehow though I have no idea who would want Mac Jones. But when he leaves he can take every member of the defensive secondary that played in todays game with him.

"Wait'll 2024!"

I thought that Bears-Vikings game looked like a tickle fight last week. The Broncos -Packers game looks like it was worse.

With a little over 30 seconds left on the clock near the end of the first half, and with all three time outs in hand - the Patriots took a knee, symbolizing capitulation to the reality that they are not a good team.

That is all. Go about your bidness, nothing to see here...

Another week, another fugly game by the Patriots - offense, defense, and special teams all managed to disappoint. 2023 is ovah.

On the up side, it was such a nice afternoon I was able to do some touch up sanding and painting of our deck railings while the game played on a tablet.

So there's that...

Cheers!

I am not a fan of either team that played Thursday Night Football tonight. I was bored and turned it on with around 4 minutes to go, expecting LA to lead LV 27-13 or something like that.

Football is weird and I don't understand it.

Then I looked at the stats and saw that LV's offense only had around 50 more yards to than LA's, and LA led time of possession. How in the world does a score get that lopsided without such stats being lopsided?

Losing team racks up yardage during "Garbage Time"?

I had the game on as background kerfuffle while bringing up a new Synology box. The NAS bring-up was far more interesting than the debacle that was posing as an NFL football game.

But I did note the Chargers repeatedly fumbled the ball away - I'll have to check but I swear it was at least four fumbles in the first quarter alone. I'm pretty sure I saw the Raiders leading 63-7 at one point - like early in the 3rd quarter maybe? That game wanted to be taken out back and shot by halftime...

Cheers!

how the heck did green bay get that good, they just trashed the cowboys

Youve obiously not been watching them the last 6 weeks or so...

Plus Dak Prescott is a less talented version of Aaron Rodgers... regular season champ, playoff chump.

It's kind of amusing that the team that got rid of Deshaun Watson, and the team that has Baker Mayfield, both made it to the divisional round.

Back