Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cape Brewing said:
Whether Schwartz screwed up or not, that is a ridiculous rule. Horrible call and an even worse rule. The "punishment" on that rule is basically, intentionally disregarding whether or not the initial call was correct.

The rule basically says, "oh, you are going to question our call that quick, well screw you then, it stands regardless!"

Horrible.

Agreed. I won't argue with you on that one. I'm glad the Texans won but, I don't agree with a couple calls in this game even if they benefitted them.

stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

^^^ Mark Sanchez GIFs *never* get old...

Had to feel a LITTLE bit bad about poor Fireman Ed, sitting all mad by himself in the stands. Apparently, he was so pissed that he left at hafltime and deleted his Twitter account.

Had to feel a LITTLE bit bad about poor Fireman Ed, sitting all mad by himself in the stands. Apparently, he was so pissed that he left at hafltime and deleted his Twitter account.

The cherry on the ice cream sundae that was Pats-Jets 2.0 :ban:

I'm definitely keeping that game on the DVR for awhile :D

Cheers!

I would like to take this moment to remind all of you that even with New England's occasional struggles this year, those three losses were by a combined four points. That's FOUR points. It hasn't always been pretty, but every friggin' game we've either dominated or been right there at the end, and now we're starting to see some of the weaknesses get less weak. Didn't hear Talib's name called all night, the best thing possible for a cornerback. So, he might have been defending a JETS wideout who'd be third-string in the CFL, but it's a start. Dennard's been making plays at the other cornerback spot, and Devin McCourty has lost himself a metric ****ton of money by suddenly becoming a very good safety instead of getting paid as a talented-but-underachieving corner. Both of our previous starting safeties are now healthy and now fortunately only one of them has to be on the field at a time.

... and they're all playing better. Those turnovers aren't a fluke (well, McKnight's fumble on the kickoff should have gotten him benched). They're hitting like a mother****er. They were triple-teaming Vince Wilfork all night and he was driving all three blockers back and making the tackle. ****, name me someone who's more deserving of Defensive MVP this year; he's been absolutely dominant. Brady is still Brady, and the running game has been consistently very good.

I'm not going to say it's a CERTAINTY that New England makes it all the way, but man... the things that have been keeping us worried aren't quite as troublesome, and they're just getting better and better.

So... you're saying that Brandon Moore's butt plays for the Pats? ;)

I'm talking the +24 they have in turnover differential for the season. Next-highest in the league is +12. But yeah, if the JETS release Brandon Moore, I'm sure we've got room for his hindquarters on the practice squad.

I still can't get over Sanchez on that play - I don't think he was even looking. I think he was so scared, he was running with his eyes closed.

HoppyDaze said:
Losing nine in a row would make me bitter too. Maybe you'll beat the Ducks again and come up with something else to bring. I'm doutful...

Yea I'm so bitter oooh look at me. End of the day you end the season same as the dawgs. No Conf. Champ and a meaningless bowl.

Sweet you guys beat a mediocre team... You should pat yourselves on the back some more

That's not really a fair statement though. Isn't every other team mediocre compared to the Pats??

The league won't schedule a Pats intra-team game so it's kind of impossible for the Pats to NOT play a mediocre team.

Besides that, if the Pats ever played the Pats, space time would likely collapse in on itself due to the shear awesomeness, ending the universe as we know it.

That's not really a fair statement though. Isn't every other team mediocre compared to the Pats??

The league won't schedule a Pats intra-team game so it's kind of impossible for the Pats to NOT play a mediocre team.

Besides that, if the Pats ever played the Pats, space time would likely collapse in on itself due to the shear awesomeness, ending the universe as we know it.

Hmm...excellent point.

Cape Brewing said:

Damn, and I already wasted my slow clap for the week...

^^^ Again, all valid points.

Just imagine for one second, though... Tom Friggin' Brady (with a healthy Gronk and Hernandez) going up against the Pats' pass D? He'd have a QB rating of 800.

the_bird said:
Just imagine for one second, though... Tom Friggin' Brady (with a healthy Gronk and Hernandez) going up against the Pats' pass D? He'd have a QB rating of 800.

Does the Foxboro scoreboard go to triple digits?

Too bad we don't play the Jets again this season, we would be able to find out.

Cape Brewing said:

Texans: 10-1
Patriots: 8-3

bluemoose said:
Does the Foxboro scoreboard go to triple digits?

Too bad we don't play the Jets again this season, we would be able to find out.

Yay, your team beat the jets. That's like bragging about beating a turtle in a foot race.

Texans: 10-1
Patriots: 8-3

Houston would be 9-2, if that moronic rule about "you can't throw a challenge flag on a play that's automatically reviewed" didn't exist. Houston's a good team, don't get me wrong... but I'm more worried about the San Francisco game than the one against the Texans.

Latest posts

Back