Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... but my point is Bird... the media is talking about this like this guy could be a cancer that spreads to the rest of the team.... and I'm saying that I don't get that argument... remotely.

Haynesworth for example. The guy was a tub of crap that was just overflowing with fail. Ok, so does that mean there were other players who were suddenly starting to act like him?? Of course not. So WTF is that argument all about??

Even if Haynesworth STAYED on the team, other than taking up a roster spot, what "damage" was he gonna do to other players? Do people really think other players would start playing worse or care less about winning because Albert Haynesworth was a team mate?? That sounds insane to me.

It's the TO void they need to fill. No one is breaking up locker rooms anymore giving writers stories about the drama of football. Its a non issue it's an upgrade for the pats of course but I think with his track record it'll turn into a wasted pick sent to the bucks for notthing

I get what Cape's saying... Absoultely worst case - the kid's a train wreck but they decide to keep him around for the length of his contract. And absolute worst case, the Pats miss the playoffs. The length of his contract, once he's back from his suspension, is a whopping 7 weeks.

Not a whole lot of damage to be done, not when you've got 52 other guys on the roster all toeing the line. I'd kinda like to see what goes on in the locker room if he does turn out to be a train wreck - I'd like to see a couple of the conversations that happen between him and a couple of the more veteran members the team. I'd like to see big Vince have a talk with him, or maybe better, Spikes.

I would like someone to give me an example of what could go wrong in the locker room if you have a "bad guy" in the locker room.

Like I was saying before... are other players all of a sudden go all thug? Are guys all of a sudden going to start a crack-smoking club or something?

what is going to happen?

Even if the pack goes 11-5 doesn't have much bearing on us if we go 10-6 I don't see many other NFC teams able to go to 10-6. That doesn't win their Div ie: the East.

Um, the Packers are in the North. Barring injury, I'm pretty sure that division is spoken for. With an equal record to the Packers (who I believe will finish with the best, non division winning record), the Hawks will win based on head to head. If the Pack finish a game or two ahead of them, they would win the WC.

you're right - i believe your last one was, "cheese".

As much an I appreciate the credit on that one, I cannot accept it. It's their own fans fault..... their fault for wearing cheese blocks on their heads to support a team named after meat packers, which was a booming industry in Green Bay around the time the Cheesehead thing came about. :D

As much an I appreciate the credit on that one, I cannot accept it. It's their own fans fault..... their fault for wearing cheese blocks on their heads to support a team named after meat packers, which was a booming industry in Green Bay around the time the Cheesehead thing came about. :D

woah woah woah - don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you're actually clever enough for original thought in the area, especially something as intellectually demanding as "cheese".

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Um, the Packers are in the North. Barring injury, I'm pretty sure that division is spoken for. With an equal record to the Packers (who I believe will finish with the best, non division winning record), the Hawks will win based on head to head. If the Pack finish a game or two ahead of them, they would win the WC.

6 seeds in the playoffs correct.

Sf-west
Atlanta- south
Bears- north
Giants-east

Two Wc explain how GB and Sea cant both be in?

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Can't, had my head stuck in GB and SEA going for the same spot, wasn't thinking beyond that.

Ahh I see. I'm not worried about what GB does. The way most of the NFC teams are playing the only one I have my eye on is Det because of our loss so I hope you and the packers pound them when you play.

Ahh I see. I'm not worried about what GB does. The way most of the NFC teams are playing the only one I have my eye on is Det because of our loss so I hope you and the packers pound them when you play.

We will, can't vouch for those other guys. With fans like moto, the whole team may wind up tied up in a pit somewhere and have to forfeit.

NordeastBrewer77 said:
We will, can't vouch for those other guys. With fans like moto, the whole team may wind up tied up in a pit somewhere and have to forfeit.

Haha

Looking at the Packers schedule I can't imagine them not going 13-3. If they do give a couple away it'll be in the NFC. And only to try and f*ck over Seattle's chances for a wildcard spot as retribution.

PS - GB has I think 40 players on IR right now so wait til we get healthy ;)

DesertBrew said:
Looking at the Packers schedule I can't imagine them not going 13-3. If they do give a couple away it'll be in the NFC. And only to try and f*ck over Seattle's chances for a wildcard spot as retribution.

PS - GB has I think 40 players on IR right now so wait til we get healthy ;)

A couple to who? They aren't winning the division so to make their Wc birth that much harder is just asinine.

DesertBrew said:
It's complex & you're new. I understand not keeping up. Lets just say Vegas monitors some of this.

Better start taking those meds again your hallucinations are getting more severe.

Let's start with how much they are banged up all over the team. Because they beat the mighty cards at home must show their gumption for winning aagainst all odds

I'm not saying they aren't going to make the playoffs. But to win out wwith what they are missing is laughable.

A couple to who? They aren't winning the division so to make their Wc birth that much harder is just asinine.

yeah, week 9, 1/2 game back to the bears....yeah better write them the f--k out of the division.

do you even read your posts before you hit submit, or do you just let hoppy/nordeast full access to your account?

motobrewer said:
yeah, week 9, 1/2 game back to the bears....yeah better write them the f--k out of the division.

do you even read your posts before you hit submit, or do you just let hoppy/nordeast full access to your account?

I would ask you the same question but I know it's all drivel. 1/2 game back Jesus do you even watch football? Or know basic math?

yeah, it's cute I know the basics of football.

i'm sorry you're too "seattle" to understand how numbers work. maybe you should get your stepdad to teach you - you know, after his 10am bourbon.

motobrewer said:
yeah, it's cute I know the basics of football.

i'm sorry you're too "seattle" to understand how numbers work. maybe you should get your stepdad to teach you - you know, after his 10am bourbon.

Good god man 10am is way to late for bourbon.

Why do stupid people always get like that? :drunk:

At least my post had more football content that yours. Whether I bet or not, as a fan of football, betting lines and spreads are somewhat interesting to me.

Wow, your bets did really well this past week. Remind me to ask you for your 'system' because it worked so well. FYI only stupid people talk like a smartguy and put their picks up to try and show how smart they think they are. :ban:

Latest posts

Back