No more bubbles after airlock came out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaudeville

Reaction score
Hi, I'm brewing my second batch using a Young's APA kit. All was going well until last Thursday morning, 5 days after brew day, I found the airlock had come out of his hole. This was either due to pressure or cat's paws.

I left it for the day with a tin foil sheet covering the hole and at night I resanitized the airlock and refilled with vodka. Since then (2 days already), I've seen no more bubbles coming out of the airlock.

I have no idea if this means a stuck fermentation, a finished fermentation, or something else. The temperature has been constant at 22/23C.

Any advice?

Thanks!

You are fine. If the krausen has fallen then check the gravity and then check in a couple of days to see if it is done. Airlock bubbles are not to be trusted. My bucket seals poorly and I never see bubbles.

When the easy to digest sugars are gone, the yeast quits making CO2. The only reason you saw bubbles after about the 3rd day was escaping CO2 that had been dissolved in the beer because the yeast probably quit making any on day 2.

Thanks for the help guys. I took a gravity reading and it looks finished.

(Only replying now, as I had mishap, broke an arm, and I'm only now about to barrel it.)

Back