NHL is back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLL 5 hole BUFFFFFAAALLLOOOOO WINNNSSSSS

Chris Drury, Native, Trumbull Connecticut.

Hartford Whalers, gone for good, PISSED.

Whalers jerseys in the front row on national TV in Buffalo NY during a Sabres Playoff Run. PRICELESS

furthur said:
The only title Buffalo has ever won: Most Obnoxious Fans
Hey newbie.....you never been to NYC or Boston, HUH? Philly?

Why don't you just tell me where you're from?

maybe you are mistaking "obnoxious" for passionate, or die hard, or ....true fans

You dissed on my post so I had to give you **** right back. Actually, I'm from Raleigh, NC. Home of the 2005-06 Stanley Cup Champions. BTW, the new logo sucks really bad. Looks like a cross between a bison and an inchworm.

Holy craps, do I even have to moderate the goddamn HOCKEY threads? ;)

What I love about Buffalo hockey is how obsessed the whole city is. Great-grandma was watching the games when we were out there. No one gave a rats' ass about March Madness when the Sabres were playing a regular season game. It's like the Sox playing the Yankees in October...

OK, I want to jump on the bandwagon! Where do I sign up? I've got my Richard Martin #7 jersey and I'm ready to go!

grabassxmas1.JPG

the_bird said:
Holy craps, do I even have to moderate the goddamn HOCKEY threads? ;)

What I love about Buffalo hockey is how obsessed the whole city is. Great-grandma was watching the games when we were out there. No one gave a rats' ass about March Madness when the Sabres were playing a regular season game. It's like the Sox playing the Yankees in October...

JD, what are you doing policing the hockey threads? This is in Yooper's jurisdiction. You need to go look for grey market keg acquisition threads :D

OK, I suggest a cease fire before anyone's feelings get hurt. We're all diehard hockey fans and we should be friends.

turfguy1969 said:
Hey newbie.....you never been to NYC or Boston, HUH? Philly?

Why don't you just tell me where you're from?

maybe you are mistaking "obnoxious" for passionate, or die hard, or ....true fans

Why you gotta go insult Rangers fans now? You wanna talk passionate fans look at the Rangers. They can miss the playoffs for near a decade and STILL sell out the arena. We support our team through thick and thin. Lets see Buffalo miss the playoffs for so many years in a row and you'd have less than 100 fans in the stands!

Wheet!! 2 min incidentals for roughing, a slashing call and a trip. so 4 on 4 for 2 min. Oh and buffalo. You had to many men in the ice, but I'm letting it slide. NY watch out or you'll get a bench minor for misconduct.

My team is out (f'ing knuckleheaded canucks) so I have nothing better to do... :D

I guess I'll cheer for the Sens, but in the Bufflo vs NY siries... Go bufflo. I hate the rangers. Probably cause they use to have Messier and I hate that ghoul faced bastard. Took several years to get rid of his stench from whan he played for Vancouver.

Rick91981 said:
Why you gotta go insult Rangers fans now? You wanna talk passionate fans look at the Rangers. They can miss the playoffs for near a decade and STILL sell out the arena. We support our team through thick and thin. Lets see Buffalo miss the playoffs for so many years in a row and you'd have less than 100 fans in the stands!
thick and thin huh....read on our world since 2001

2001/02: Prior to the start of the season the Sabres decide to turn the page trading away both Dominik Hasek and Michael Peca. Replacing Hasek would be Martin Biron would play solid hockey. However, the Sabres played only mediocre hockey all season missing the playoffs for the first time in 6 years while finishing in last place with a record of 35-35-11-1.

2002/03: The Sabres began the season with a dark cloud surrounding the future of the franchise as the NHL was forced to assume control of the team after owners John, Tim, Michael, and James Rigas of Adelphia Cable Communications were forced to declare bankruptcy. John Rigas along with his sons Tim and Michael would be among the first arrested and charged with cooperate fraud and embezzlement under a crackdown after the Enron scandal. As new owners were sought the Sabres naturally struggled sitting in last place almost from the start of the season until the end posting a horrible record of 27-37-10-8. As the season wound down Tom Gollisano a New York billionaire who was just coming off an unsuccessful run for Governor purchased the team for $92 Million, ending rumors the Sabres would move or fold.

2003/04: After playing an entire season under the clouds of bankruptcy the Sabres began to emerge by acquiring Chris Drury from the Calgary Flames. Drury would be one of 5 Sabres to post over 50 points as the team started down the road to recovery. However the road from financial ruin to becoming a competitive team again was not a short one as the Sabres struggled much of the first half of the season falling as low as 18-25-5-1 on January 25th. However as the season wore on the Sabres would play better as the Sabres would win 9 of their next 11. The Sabres would go on to have a strong second half posting a 37-34-7-4 record. However they would fall 6 points shy of the playoffs, and would even end up in last place in the highly competitive Northeast Division.

2004/05: Season Cancelled Due to Lock Out

Boston said:
OK, I want to jump on the bandwagon! Where do I sign up? I've got my Richard Martin #7 jersey and I'm ready to go!

View attachment 1619
I apologize for the drunken quote last evening. I guess I should be in another forum at that hour of the evening

Nice to see blue and gold on YOU sir!

I am originally from Mass. There is plenty of room on the bandwagon, and the new logo here has officially been dubbed the Slug. You know the black and red one was called the angry goat?

Boston said:
Only 2 NHL teams have rebounded from a 3-0 deficit to win a playoff series.

I had to look it up:

Only the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders have won a best-of-seven series after trailing 3-0.

The Sabres 0-18 on the power play isn't helping matters. That first period power play last night was comical...The Senators were literally teasing the Sabres--wasting over 45 seconds with a game of keep away. Classic.

you gotta believe! 3-1 Hockey town USA....we had 9000 people in the arena 2 nights in a row to watch the game on the jumbo screen! Some cities don't get 9000 for a real game.

turfguy1969 said:
you gotta believe! 3-1 Hockey town USA....we had 9000 people in the arena 2 nights in a row to watch the game on the jumbo screen! Some cities don't get 9000 for a real game.

Funny, we don't hear from you for 4 days while the Sens were kicking the Sabres asses, but sure enough you are here gloating when they got a token win.

This series will be over this weekend. :rockin:

Turfguy,
Sabres are toast....here's a Buffalo Bills schedule for you

Sun Sep. 9 DENVER 1:00 PM ET

Sun Sep. 16 @ Pittsburgh 1:00 PM ET

Sun Sep. 23 @ New England 1:00 PM ET

Sun Sep. 30 NY JETS 1:00 PM ET

Mon Oct. 8 DALLAS 8:30 PM ET

Mon Oct. 15 BYE WEEK

Sun Oct. 21 BALTIMORE 1:00 PM ET

Sun Oct. 28 @ NY Jets 4:05 PM ET

Sun Nov. 4 CINCINNATI 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 11 @ Miami 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 18 NEW ENGLAND 1:00 PM ET

Sun Nov. 25 @ Jacksonville 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 2 @ Washington 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 9 MIAMI 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 16 @ Cleveland 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 23 NY GIANTS 1:00 PM ET

Sun Dec. 30 @ Philadelphia 1:00 PM ET

OUT OF PLAY-OFF CONTENTION, SEASON OVER

Dude said:
Funny, we don't hear from you for 4 days while the Sens were kicking the Sabres asses, but sure enough you are here gloating when they got a token win.

This series will be over this weekend. :rockin:

Buffalo has alot of fair weather fans.......Have you noticed that most of their "fans" all wear gear w/ the new logo? You'd think that someone out there would have an older logo.

Rick91981 said:
Buffalo has alot of fair weather fans.......Have you noticed that most of their "fans" all wear gear w/ the new logo? You'd think that someone out there would have an older logo.
gear doesn't matter...and you have obviously NEVER been to Buffalo. There is no fair weather here. Haven't you heard it snows year round. It's not just the new hockey town because of the game, we skate to work, skate to school, even skate down to the beach.....LOL we are true fans. It's a BIG deal when we win I'm sorry for getting so jazzed up. Our football team has been a laugh as others have pointed out. Win or loose tomorrow i will take my medicine and you all can take your shots. tape me spread eagle to the goal posts and fire away if we lose. PLEASE AVOID MY 5 HOLE OOCH

turfguy1969 said:
gear doesn't matter...and you have obviously NEVER been to Buffalo. There is no fair weather here. Haven't you heard it snows year round. It's not just the new hockey town because of the game, we skate to work, skate to school, even skate down to the beach.....LOL we are true fans. It's a BIG deal when we win I'm sorry for getting so jazzed up. Our football team has been a laugh as others have pointed out. Win or loose tomorrow i will take my medicine and you all can take your shots. tape me spread eagle to the goal posts and fire away if we lose. PLEASE AVOID MY 5 HOLE OOCH

No, I have not been to buffalo. Furthest north I have been in NY is the Adirondacks. But I was considering SUNY Buffalo as a college way back when, but decided it was too far away and too much snow! Ended up in New Paltz instead.

Boston said:
Only 2 NHL teams have rebounded from a 3-0 deficit to win a playoff series.

Didn't Colorado also come back against Detroit after being down 3-0? I think this was back before Detroit starting winning Stanley Cups again, mid nineties. I could be mistaken, but I remember feeling shame in the mid-nineties that wasn't "Lions" related.

just so everyone knows, the sabres were beaten by the better team. please let Dude know that i am here to take the lumps as I was here to cheer (gloat according to he). best of luck to canada in the finals.

Back