NHL is back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. And my Canucks will kill you all. er wait sorry, forgot for a moment that my dreams of becoming world emperor with an army of duel wielding cyborg hockey players was well.. just a delusion... (or is it? [evil laugh]).

Seriously. I love how the sports wankers on the sports shows were dissing the canucks as a team not even worth mentioning on air before Christmas, but post Christmas they are all in love with them now.

What exactly are the requirements for being on a sports panelist show? (since most have beer guts and look like computer nerds whose only qualification seems to be having loud voices)

Anyone catch that knockout punch Colton Orr just delivered on Todd Fedoruk? Damn. The announcer said it best though...this video will be aired across the country during highlights and comments will be made how "this is what hockey is about."

Toilet Rocker said:
Anyone catch that knockout punch Colton Orr just delivered on Todd Fedoruk? Damn. The announcer said it best though...this video will be aired across the country during highlights and comments will be made how "this is what hockey is about."

I saw that....bringing my name a bad rap.
4_2_109v.gif

Wolf said:
Tootoo is a fun, exciting player, but he sometimes shows bad judgement in these situations. In this case he says he knew he was going to have someone come after him, so he saw the charging player and swung ( and Robidas WAS given a charging call), but I'm not sure that qualifies as self defense.
He's a favorite of mine after his time in Milwaukee, but he's going to be trying to live down that one for a while. Hell, he already has the dirty player tag from some.

Did you notice that after Tootoo's 6 game suspension is over, who the Preds opponent will be?
Yep. Dallas. This Saturday night. I cannot wait for this game. :rockin:

Dude said:
I saw that....bringing my name a bad rap.
4_2_109v.gif

Did you notice that after Tootoo's 6 game suspension is over, who the Preds opponent will be?
Yep. Dallas. This Saturday night. I cannot wait for this game. :rockin:
I missed that game since we were live at the AHL game, but it was uneventful from what I've heard.

Wow, the Predator's are on a downslide at the wrong time of year. A good game against the Blues, but they SHOULD beat the Blues. They should NOT lose to the Blackhawks in a shootout.
Hopefully they're just saving up for the playoffs...like that ever works.

Now granted I hate the Islanders, but how was that for a means of getting into the playoffs today--a shootout win in NJ in the final game. Crazy.

My Rangers play the Thrashers in the first round. Can't wait. Any Atlanta fans want to bet a 6-pack of local beers to make the series even more interesting?

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Canucks vs Dallas on Wednesday. Glad I have a video projector, 6 foot wide screen and 2 beers on tap. :D

I may have to tape that one. Usually those games come on a little late for me, but as it is in Dallas that's what...central time?

boo boo said:
Sniff, with the Leafs out and Montreal gone you mean to say I have to root for the Wings? ( They have cleary).

Why oh why would a red blooded Canadian root for the red wings?

Canucks, Calgary and Ottawa are in the playoff's. So your very obvious choice would be the Canucks. :D

Sabres over San Jose in 7

Here's the best goalie ever. 6 Cups in 8 seasons. Todd, you don't know **** about hockey, you need to stick to ghosts & home improvements.

Calder Memorial Trophy (1972)
Conn Smythe Trophy (1971)
1st All-Star Team Goalie (1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979)
2nd All-Star Team Goalie (1972)
Vezina Trophy (1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979)
Stanley Cup 1970-71, 72-73, 75-76, 76-77, 77-78, 78-79
Career GAA 2.24

dryden.jpg

Toilet Rocker said:
And yet the meadowlands faithful didnt sell out one home game to see this best goalie ever? classic! :)

Who wants to go up to the Meadowlands? It's in the middle of nowhere and traffic completely sucks. Now if they don't sell out next season, then you'll have a strong argument. The new arena, although it's in Newark, is suppose to be really convenient to get to and it's in a good part of Newark (now that just sounds weird).

Cherry to make U.S. debut on NBC
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }April 10, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Don Cherry is bringing his loud mouth and louder outfits south of the border.

The outspoken former coach of the Boston Bruins, who has been a fixture on CBC's "Hockey Night In Canada' telecasts for more than 25 years, will make his U.S. broadcasting debut as part of NBC's Stanley Cup playoff telecasts, the network announced Tuesday.

"A lot of people have written that what I say up here I would never get away with it down in the States," said Cherry, the Bruins' coach from the 1974-75 season until the 1978-79 campaign. "I'll just go on and do what I have to do.
"In the States, they wanted me to go on one time in Pittsburgh. Jaromir Jagr, it was when he had long hair and he was with Mario Lemieux and I said, 'There's Mario and his daughter.' It didn't go over too good. That was my last time in the States."

Cherry will be teamed with Brett Hull, the never-shy former player who is in his first season with NBC.

"Better get some plaids," Cherry said.

Hull will also to contribute to CBC's coverage in Canada.

"He tells it like it is," Hull said of Cherry. "If they did it on a regular basis, he would be just as popular down here as he is up there. Part of the thing that's missing, not with just hockey, but in all coverage in the American sports world, is some personality. I think that's why you see a guy like Terry Bradshaw, as popular as he is.
"He's not just Mr. P.C., going, 'That was a nice catch and throw."'

todd_k said:
Who wants to go up to the Meadowlands? It's in the middle of nowhere and traffic completely sucks. Now if they don't sell out next season, then you'll have a strong argument. The new arena, although it's in Newark, is suppose to be really convenient to get to and it's in a good part of Newark (now that just sounds weird).

You can stick 'em in the most beautiful area of Newark (and there are some really nice spots). Fact is, most people in the area associate the town with crime and violence. It's got a stigma that it just can't shake. And except for us commuters who take transit each day, outside the PATH, no one in NJ takes the trains. Hoboken made more sense (for the team), but that would have destroyed the town.

Toilet Rocker said:
Awesome! Let the trash talking begin, mister 2-1-1. :D

Was reading some earlier posts in this thread when I caught the above. hehe, time to eat crow now Toilet Rocker!

(regarding my Canucks all the way post back in October)

Hey Dude, who's your team in the playoffs?

Was reading some earlier posts in this thread when I caught the above. hehe, time to eat crow now Toilet Rocker!

My "REAL" team in teh NHL is the Hawks, but I'll go with the Preds in teh playoffs. I used to live in TN before they got the team--I'll take them.

Dude said:
My "REAL" team in the NHL is the Hawks, but I'll go with the Preds in the playoffs. I used to live in TN before they got the team--I'll take them.

Yeah. To bad the hawks didn't make it. Hmm.. No Dallas fans to compete against?

Is it illegal to wager homebrew on game outcomes? (particularly cross border) :D

You would've earned more street cred if it was 6 months to the day. Your haste will be the downfall of your team (hopefully), trailer boy.

Uhm.. actually it IS 6 months to the day. Posts # 18, 19. I'd say, "Learn to count.", but then you ARE a devils fan... :D

It's not the 11th til I wake up in the morning and realize I've had too much the night before. Say I can't count, but don't ever...ever, ever, ever call me a devils fan. That's blasphemous.

Toilet Rocker said:
It's not the 11th til I wake up in the morning and realize I've had too much the night before. Say I can't count, but don't ever...ever, ever, ever call me a devils fan. That's blasphemous.

Well in my tome zone that was on the 10th of October and my last post was again on 10th of April... so there. :)

So what the hell team are you a fan of anyway?

Here's to playoff hockey.. :mug:

Toilet Rocker said:
Cherry to make U.S. debut on NBC
td.yspwidearticlebody { font-size: 13.5px; }April 10, 2007

NEW YORK (AP) -- Don Cherry is bringing his loud mouth and louder outfits south of the border.

The outspoken former coach of the Boston Bruins, who has been a fixture on CBC's "Hockey Night In Canada' telecasts for more than 25 years, will make his U.S. broadcasting debut as part of NBC's Stanley Cup playoff telecasts, the network announced Tuesday.

"A lot of people have written that what I say up here I would never get away with it down in the States," said Cherry, the Bruins' coach from the 1974-75 season until the 1978-79 campaign. "I'll just go on and do what I have to do.
"In the States, they wanted me to go on one time in Pittsburgh. Jaromir Jagr, it was when he had long hair and he was with Mario Lemieux and I said, 'There's Mario and his daughter.' It didn't go over too good. That was my last time in the States."

Cherry will be teamed with Brett Hull, the never-shy former player who is in his first season with NBC.

"Better get some plaids," Cherry said.

Hull will also to contribute to CBC's coverage in Canada.

"He tells it like it is," Hull said of Cherry. "If they did it on a regular basis, he would be just as popular down here as he is up there. Part of the thing that's missing, not with just hockey, but in all coverage in the American sports world, is some personality. I think that's why you see a guy like Terry Bradshaw, as popular as he is.
"He's not just Mr. P.C., going, 'That was a nice catch and throw."'

WOOHOO!!! I miss Don Cherry since moving to IL, this ROCKS

SO that's why he's only been commenting on Eastern games lately.

Hope you American's can handle the wardrobe. :D

This Yank LOVES his wardrobe, he wouldn't be the same without it LOL

GO RED WINGS!

Back