NHL is back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turfguy1969 said:
OK, I waited, and watched, NOW its time to change the avatar
RYAN MILLER FOR MAYOR

The Isles gave them a much closer series than I expected. It seems if you pester the Sabres, and play physical, they have problems. I don't see them advancing too much further with the way they are playing.

My team is now out. I need to pick another "playoff" team now--I'm thinking New Jersey. Brodeur. But I have a Senators jersey, and they looked pretty good against Pittsburgh. So it is the Sens for now.

:D

WOW...this Calgary-Detroit game has the potential to go 5 OTs....
How about Giordano getting hit inteh face with a slapper and coming back into the game? That is why I love hockey.

Sudden life, or sudden death?????

My Condolences to you flames fans. That was intense. I came back too late during the intermission and not only had the 2nd OT started.. but the game was over. Very anticlimactic.

Western Canada's last chance is the Canucks. Hopefully they will actually play a game tonight. After the last game, is it any wonder Vigneault looked like he was ready to try coaching another team. I keep saying they should heed my advoice. No hits from the bong till AFTER you win the cup.

How did Luongo not get a penalty for that? Should be a 2 man advantage for the stars right here.

And then the Stars get one on teh ensuing face-off. Is this game fixed?

Well, I remember why I love hockey tonight.

And, I remember why I hate it so much.

Damn refs... :mad:

turfguy1969 said:
bum bum....... bum-bum-bum lets go BUF a lo

3-0 AVERY who?

OK now this isnt necesarily directed at you........but why do Buffalo fans, and more specifically the team themselves act like they have the divine right to the cup? Yes they are a very good team. But the cup does not belong to them yet so stop acting like youve already won it! The team is so damn full of themselves its sickening! I used to respect them before they got this additude. Now I want to see them crumble. And I'm sure you will ask so, yes I am a Rangers fan. But Buffalo is just far too full of themselves. They were ready to cry from heartbreak when Renney said they were not necesarily the cream of the crop!

....Rangers in 7

after last years let down to Carolina, this team has done all the hard work in which to EARN the cup and that is what they will do. It is not given and any freaking hockey fan knows that. If you think for one second that anyone in buffalo feels a superior attitude without the great fear of let down then you'd be wrong. This city has had that disappointment far too much to be overly cocky. if you think we are cup crazy with possibility and HOPE of a single championship in a town where hard work and hard people live and thrive, then you are RIGHT. Cocky? isn't Jagr on your team?

You talk about Buffalo being cocky, everytime I turn on the TV everyone is talking about the Rangers. I have no idea where you get off saying that Buffalo is cocky, the team or it's fans. Bottom line, that is what being a fan is about. A true fan at least. Always thinking your team is going to win. And the simple fact that no one gives the Sabres the respect they have EARNED this year means we should be cocky. So go ahead and be jealous. Keep talking about your beloved Rangers. What is everyone gonna have to talk about after they get knocked out next week?

Well you seem reasonable in saying that your hoping for it. That I respect. But what it seems to me is that many fans are acting like the cup is already theirs. All I'm saying is it ain't over 'til its over. So those to whom it applies, stop acting like it is yours already!

And I don't know where your seeing so much about the Rangers. They take a back seat to every other sport in the area. Unless your watching MSG, other networks will hardly acknowledge their existence.

And yes, Jagr is on the team but he is far from cocky. If anything his confidence is at a low.

Ok, I'll go serve my 2 mins in the box now.

Rick91981 said:
Well you seem reasonable in saying that your hoping for it. That I respect. But what it seems to me is that many fans are acting like the cup is already theirs. All I'm saying is it ain't over 'til its over. So those to whom it applies, stop acting like it is yours already!

And I don't know where your seeing so much about the Rangers. They take a back seat to every other sport in the area. Unless your watching MSG, other networks will hardly acknowledge their existence.

And yes, Jagr is on the team but he is far from cocky. If anything his confidence is at a low.

Ok, I'll go serve my 2 mins in the box now.

Sorry, you argued too long before you went. Thats another 2!
:)

The Canucks won in dbl OT. Thank God. Damn what's with this damn "flu" half the team has had the last 2 weeks? I thought we were goners when, with Salo and Bieksa out of the lineup Willie Mitchel headed to locker room for abit. Seems he walked it off though. He was quintessential to there win.

It did seem to me that the Ducks were targeting him an Luongo though. F**kers!

And Detroit squeeked through with a bit of help from....... Cleary.
Go Wings, well it really don't matter as there is a newf on the Sharks also.
Clowe is playing good for them. Kinda a win win loss loss on this series.

turfguy1969 said:
I'll go to the box too, but when you get speared, you retaliate...2 minutes! see you Sunday on NBC

Good game yesterday. Got real nervous the longer it kept going on. Buff has the advantage that they roll their lines consistently. Rangers rely too heavily on their top lines and can get burnt out too easily. Even though it was low scoring no one could say it was a boring game. Lots of quality chances on both sides of the ice.

And a bit controversial topic, I want the opinion from someone not a Ranger fan: Rachuneck when it went in off of his skate in the 2nd(?) period...Did he kick it? I say definitely not, but it could be me being biased.

I was in the third period of game 4 about to say the rangers really outworked the sabres in two games. Perhaps they deserved the win. Then Briere gets the game tying goal which crosses the line, goes to toronto, and comes back no goal.....?????????????????Lindy is doing the post game and not giving VS anything to bite on. up yours network! suck on this vanilla sound bite.....GEE where is that network based ???NYC??? Sabres need to work harder to get at least two goals ahead......joke....money ............ How do you tell your kids to get involved in this....

They can put a chip in the puck to make it turn red on a slapshot (ugh, remember THAT?) but they can't automate the goal line to figure out if a puck crossed it or not? Come on NHL, get on it!

turfguy1969 said:
I was in the third period of game 4 about to say the rangers really outworked the sabres in two games. Perhaps they deserved the win. Then Briere gets the game tying goal which crosses the line, goes to toronto, and comes back no goal.....?????????????????Lindy is doing the post game and not giving VS anything to bite on. up yours network! suck on this vanilla sound bite.....GEE where is that network based ???NYC??? Sabres need to work harder to get at least two goals ahead......joke....money ............ How do you tell your kids to get involved in this....

I agree with the call as is. Not just because I am a Rangers fan. There was no video angle showing the puck definitively crossing the line and showing white space between the puck and the goal line. With inconclusive video review, the call on the ice stands. McCreary called no goal at first so without 100% conclusive evidence to overrule that call, it stands. Do I think realistically it was a goal? yes, i do think it went in. But AS THE RULES ARE WRITTEN, it should not count and they got the call correctly.

BUMP

Found this while rummaging in the attic, thought you hockey fans would get a kick out of it. 1978-79 Topps Hockey box (36 packs). Also found a full box of 1977 Topps Baseball.

hockey1.JPG

hockey2.JPG

Latest posts

Back