"New Posts" addiction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageSteve

Reaction score
How many times per minute do you click on the "New Posts" link?

I'm afraid to count. :cross:

It's like some sadistic Skinner box.

-Steve

Shut up... I dont like the fact that you called out one of my habits when I visit this place.

Christ... Its bad enough to know that I did this (continuously) but now I have others who suffer from this same affliction.
-Me

I never close the window for it to come up.

That is actually kind of scary in itself.

Even when I reboot once a month (you can tell I'm a Vista user - we HATE to reboot) I just leave the browser window open and it automatically loads when the system eventually gets around to loading.

And I swap between "My Replies" and "New Posts" Each once every two minutes or so.

This brings up something I was thinking about today when I saw a couple people who joined the month before I did with like 2500 - 3500 MORE posts than I have. I feel like I post all the fricking time and there are people posting 3 - 4 times as much as me! Wow!

Won't posting too often to this thread open a hole in the space-time continuum?

But I suppose that's nothing a phased tachyon burst couldn't fix now, could it?

-Steve

I think we're experiencing a self-selection phenomenon. Only those who habitually click "New Posts" see this thread and reply to it. For everyone else, it's not even on their radar.

Damn I'm a geek. But proud.

-Steve

LOL! I did notice actually. And then I saw you post and thought you might be moving to the Drunken forum. So I clicked to see.

I look at the time that the most recent post is, then click new posts. When it reloads, I scroll down to the what was the top post before and start reading up. When I hit the top, I repeat the process. :D

The weirdest part is Ill sit down in front of the comp to see whats going on before i eat or get ready for the day. I wake and let HBT bake me. Sounds like an addiction to me. I guess if Im found in the corner rocking back and forth when I loose ISP service temporarly we will know for sure if Im truly addicted.

Says the guy who had to click new posts to see it ;)

guilty ....

actually it was a new click on new posts that had me see your new post Damn, I never felt bad about this before this thread. I all of a sudden feel like I'm wasting my... who the hell am I kidding, I LOVE the button. There I admitted it!!!

guilty ....

actually it was a new click on new posts that had me see your new post Damn, I never felt bad about this before this thread. I all of a sudden feel like I'm wasting my... who the hell am I kidding, I LOVE the button. There I admitted it!!!

Embrace the dark side, young Skywalker...

-Steve

There needs to be a link at the bottom of a thread for "New Posts". Im not only addicted, but Im too damn lazy to scroll up to the top of the page every time. :mug:

i had to return this to the top, because too suffer front his affliction. and that is why i found it

this feels like some kind of new post AA

Hi I'm Notnice and i always click new posts

Im still waiting for my botton "new posts" at the end of the thread. *coughs*
Its less of an addiction now and more of an obbsesion.

Back